most powerful song??

What song of Amy’s do you think shows her vocal range at its best?

Mine one have to be the will you still love me tommorrow song. The song is pretty up there in vocal range to me ..

For me in There is no grater love and October song… i love her voice in that last one… is fantastic!

I really like the down tempo for Unholy War. When I first listened to B2B that song stuck out at me as one of the most amazing songs on the album because of the lyrics and her voice on the track. Really love that song. I don’t really think vocal range makes a song powerful… so vocal range aside, I think this song is one of the more powerful songs she’s done.

Will you still love me tomorrow, however, it a better example of her vocal range.

I like her voice in “Wake-up Alone” a lot … it gives me goose bumps :slight_smile:

Have you seen this

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3592&highlight=acrobatics

and this

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=90077&highlight=acrobatics#post90077

Seems there are 3 vids like this on youtube now…

1) “Amy Winehouse - Vocals Acrobatics Lives”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48HXuRatk50
2)“Amy Winehouse Rare and Greats notes compilation”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz1g5eqsBc8

3)“Amy Winehouse’s Vocal Acrobatics (Live and Studio)”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ZiXxS5xwE

I think “When My Eyes” is such a powerful exhibit of her range and diversity. It has become one of my favorites.

Comment on this song:

“Me either! It’s like she is incapable of writing a song that isn’t catchy, meaningful, lyrically beautiful, and completely unlike any other music out there today. I can’t wait to hear her new songs!”

i’m not sure about vocal range, but in terms of a song that pierces through the heart and soul with her voice for me is Back To Black. That song can bring me to tears.

completely agree with kev.
powerful songs? everything live.. specially stuff like teach me tonight or dont go to strangers.. but really anything live to really see her vocal range.
in studio would have to be back to black.. maybe in most of the btb songs her voice is not that complex as in frank, but btb has the soul frank lacks and to me that is more important.. its a matter of taste. like sans amour said, I don’t think vocal range makes a song powerful…
so powerful songs are in back to black in back to black (the song) or wake up alone or me and mr jones, vocal range in frank.. stuff like know you now, take the box. oh and mr magic!

Back to Black is always at the top of my list also.

But this one always mesmerizes me completely. For me, this is a very powerful song. esp. at around 2:30 - 2:40 when she holds that note…sigh…

Don’t Go to Strangers, on Jools Holland, with Paul Weller (short version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WTzhWACsHc

some posts:

“Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow” and the number one, “Back to Black.” B2B is one of the most powerful songs in history, in my opinion.

Oh YES!!! Don’t Go To Strangers is one of the best vocal performances… not to mention the sexiest! In her prime, no one can touch Amy.. she just exudes sensuality.

I completely agree. Pierces through the heart and soul, that’s a perfect way to say it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKcA4L51CIQ

sOME uNHOLY wAR How many singers could do this song? Not very many, and no one like Amy.

Some Unholy War (Back to Black Deluxe Edition)
I think it’s the most emotional song she has…

I’d say Back To Black aswell.

I love the acoustic version of back to black

She’s done some really powerful renditions of Wake Up Alone too. She always varies the way she combines emotional power with sheer physical singing power. She’s just so damn musical!

In brief… ALL of her songs are f******* powerful! It’s impossible for us to choose one. anyway I like all your choices guys!

I’d have to say “Love is a Losing Game”. I think it’s one of her most heartfelt songs.