NAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc8zZpeifto

  1. Mr. Jones 2 would have been fucking phenomenal.
  2. I didn’t know that she wrote Cherry Wine with the intent to be sung with Nas. I guess that clears up that this wasn’t a very old track?
  3. That is one handsome lookin’ gentleman, goddamn. He has a perfect face.

I agree with 1. and 2. (= lol

Love Nas:) He always has the greatest and sweetest things to say about Amy.

haha, isn’t that sweet.
i remember watching this just because he’s in it :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he3DJLXbebI

Now I’ll be forever wondering which popstar would be unclogging toilets right now, if Amy had had her way.

Dammit! So many things we are missing out on. Sounds like Amy and Nas had some great ideas coming our way. Amy has such great taste in music. Nas has always been one of my favorite rappers. Not only is he a great rapper but he is handsome and not as vulgar and classless as most rappers.

I agree with the above post, Me and Mr. Jones Part 2 would of been epic! To me, though, Cherry Wine still sounds like “old” Amy. Singing about Ray (charles) or Red (not sure what she says) and Cherry (her guitar). It makes sense “where is he? the man who is just like me?”. Wonder if “In My Bed” inspired it because she uses Nas is track, assuming Cherry Wine (Amy’s part) was sung and written in her Frank days.

They had a great relationship.

Ray? Like Tanqueray Gin?

Ray? Her manager?

I always thought Me and Mr Jones referred to some bloke she dated pre-Blake and therefore maybe during the Frank era, or maybe even before. Does anyone know when the SLick Rick Gig and Nas concert in Brixton were?
Nas says Cherry Wine was written for him, but that doesn’t mean that it’s recent. I imagine her writing those lyrics around the time she first started collaborating with Salaam and he spoke to her about Nas, and how similar they were (“where is he, the man who is just like me”).

The guy she talks about in Mr Jones (other than Nas) is George Roberts-Bascombe, a music promoter she was dating in early/mid 2005. I can’t remember the interview, but someone asks her about M&MJ and she was like since they’re both in the industry they could get tickets for virtually anything but he let her down for the Slick Rick gig and she couldn’t get the tickets herself, and as the song says “Come Brixton, nobody stands inbetween me and my man”. She was going to see Nas at Brixton Academy regardless or whether her ex came through for her with tickets or not. There’s some pics of the guy after the Brits 2005 with Amy all over him in the back of a car haha. I can remember some stories came out in like 08/09 that Blake was jealous of him because he was spending time with Amy in St Lucia and I think in the end a newspaper had to retract it and issue an apology since he had a girlfriend.

Yeah, Sassy’s right, he’s the guy in this pic with Amy:

1 Like

Isn’t Me and Mr. Jones about George Roberts, a guy she dated during the Frank era? And wasn’t it he, she was looking up online the evening before she passed? Good theory about Cherry Wine being about Nas (the man who is just like me) I wonder if there was a full song? Why would she just record the choruses? Her parts are not just repeated, she sings them differently each time they’re repeated. My fav part of the song is when she is scatting at the end.

1 Like

I thought that’s what I had read somewhere before, which is why I always assumed MandMJ was an older song/lyrics which only saw the light with B2B… For me, her vocals on Cherry Wine were recorded before B2B.

I’m still not sure what the lyrics are…anyone? The title can be taken literally…but it doesn’t fit what she actually says.

"cherry Wine’ discussed in this thread - check it out! :slight_smile: http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?8040-Tricky-lyrics-)-Every-Thing-You-Always-Wanted-to-Know-But-Were-Afraid-to-Ask

Me and mr jones part 2 would have been amazing!!! Aghhhhhhh.

Ha so it’s inconclusive. I still have no idea what she’s referring to.

It’s such a shame that we won’t get to see more collaborations between Amy and Nas. They could have been a great musical partnership.

Bit off topic isn’t"t that niki minaj with Nas? Isn’t"t her real name Onika

i"m so slow sure it"s been picked up before

haha yes onika tanya. not sure how she snatched him, she’s a bit shit but the song isn’t the worst i’ve ever heard & she looks pretty sweet there. a video of nas and amy would’ve been cuter though :slight_smile:

Yes but do you think this was who she was tweeting her last message…
something like “onika onika what are you doing up”?