New book 'Amy Winehouse – In Her Words' being released in August

Amy Winehouse – In Her Words

x400.jpg

By Amy Winehouse, Foreword by Mitch Winehouse and Janis Winehouse

Global icon
Six-time Grammy winner
Headline-maker
The most talented recording artist of her generation

Much has been said about Amy Winehouse since her tragic death aged just 27. But who was the real Amy?

Amy Winehouse: In Her Words shines a spotlight on her incredible writing talent, her wit, her charm and lust for life. Curating Amy’s own never-before-seen journals, handwritten lyrics and family photographs together for the first time, this intimate tribute traces her creative evolution growing up in North London to global superstardom, providing a rare insight into the girl who grew up to become a legend.

Author: Amy Winehouse , Mitch Winehouse
Format: Hardback
Release Date: 31 Aug 2023
Pages: 288
ISBN: 978-0-00-855838-3
Price: £30.00 (Export Price) , £30.00

https://www.harperreach.com/products/amy-winehouse-in-her-words-amy-winehouse-9780008558383/

6 Likes

Yay this looks lovely! Much more exciting than that cringey biopic.

5 Likes

Interesting! I’ll have to give this a read if I can get it.

3 Likes

What about new music? So much has been said about her private life… Let her RIP

1 Like

Hopefully this will contain the lyrics she had written for the third album

3 Likes

The Telegraph just posted an article about the upcoming new book, here’s a few new photos from it …

amy-shy--lg.jpg

amy-mitzvah--lg.jpg

journal-3--lg.jpg

There’s lots more to see here …
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/amy-winehouse-40th-birthday-private-journals-seen-first-time1/

4 Likes

OMG this book is a must!

1 Like

Amazon UK has quite a few pages from the book available to view …
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amy-Winehouse-Her-Words/dp/0008558388

One of things that they show is the early lyrics of ‘Monkey Blues’, the song would later be registered in Amy’s BMI Repertoire with the title of ‘Monkey Boy’ …
61q6PmGLg-L.jpg

Year 2000 at Mount School, a ‘D’ in music and eight years later 5 Grammy’s in one night :D  …
71lKqZFL7kL.jpg

5 Likes

Are there any recordings of those school assemblies or the Don Quixote’s production? I mean it’s wonderful to read those anecdotes in paper but it would be awesome to watch an actual footage as well.

I just received my copy. It’s absolutely gorgeous. So many pictures and handwritten notes I’ve never seen before. Love it!

Many thanks to all of those who helped put this together :amy_happy:

5 Likes

Hopefully I don’t come across like an old complaining goat, the book is great. Beautifully designed and shows a lot of Amy’s personality. She was so talented, almost a poet, and the cute drawings. But the habit of writing everything down also shows me how much was going on in her head, a way to create order. Your previous interviews are full of mischief and humor. It was a boon for journalists. And then the development later: she becomes more and more monosyllabic, says she’s fine, even though you can tell that’s not the case. But I noticed two errors in the book that seem to be typical of the Winehouse family:

 

P. 17 Ivor Novello Award 2004 for Frank, but in 2007 for Back to Black

P. 232 Fame, The concert wasn’t at the Grammys, but in Shepherds Bush in May 2007 and Amy doesn’t look at her family, but looks for Blake with her eyes.

And it has often struck me that the Winehouse family does not want to acknowledge the realities of that time. I don’t want to judge her, how are you supposed to deal with it when you suddenly have such a famous daughter? I would go crazy too…

Buff cat

 

PS: Use Google Translator, I’m just too lazy ;-))

1 Like