next album

i really think amys next album should be ska. i think it would be so good! her voice sounds so good when she sings monkey man and you’re wondering now.
what do you think?

yeah i really like that style too, its really fun.

but i think we should just wait and see first, im sure its going to be amazing xD

I like those songs but I don’t know if I want to hear a whole album of it. I don’t know what she has in store but I am sure it will be nothing short of great.

ska, yeah like mike, i like them songs, but not an album of it no
im sure she will deliver the goods again, but im scared that those who “jumped on the band wagon”
will not appreciate her artistry and slate it if its not like back to black or back to black pt 2

I hope the label won’t try to pressure her to recreate the success of Back to Black.

i think if shes working with mark, shes still listening to the same stuff, and has said herself she has lots of stuff left over from back to black, then it will be like back to black or similar sounds
but i think it will somehow sound different, shes gone through alot since B2B dropped and its inevitable that it has effected her and what she wants to get out of her system
but the label seem very relaxed with her, they know what they have and what type of artist they have with amy so would be more than happy to let her do what she wants, after b2b, its bound to sell in the millions

it’s hard to top BTB’s success, but for me she doesn’t have to top it,
i will love whatever she’ll do.

i’d love a reggae/ska vibe, that genre needs to be revived!
but some soulful stuff would be nice too.

I agree.

I heard a rumour before xmas about a ska cover album as an in-betweeny album, but cannot verify

co-sign.
thats a funny style but I’d like her to have more serious songs and more serious instrumentals.

i like her ska songs too , but a complete album would be hard to hear.
i don’t think she will do the same things.
i’ve heard another rumour that said she will be inspire from older music for her new album.

And I’m still wondering if she ever got far recording that Specials cover album she mentioned in an interview over a year ago.

Oh I hope it’s not ska! I like that sound but it also gets on my tits easily. She has too much of a voice to do something so not demanding vocal wise… Plus I bet she’s written a lot about all the shit she’s going trough so all that stroppy tropical sound would piss me off :stuck_out_tongue:

Mark Ronson said that the album would have a darker wall of sound type of feel so the Back to Black might be an indication of where she is going which in my opinion would be a good thing.

Yep! The whole Wall of Sound vibe he said they’ll persue made me wet my underwear :blush:

what is “wall of sound” ? (i’m french sometimes i don’t understand) can somebody explain it to me pleaaase !!?? ><

“Wall of Sound” is a production style that was popular in mid 1960s American pop music. The Supremes were well known for using this technique. “Wall of Sound” recordings feature complex harmonies and arrangements with a lot of different instruments. Phil Spector was famous for producing records with this sound.