Old Interview - Early 2004

Enjoyed this one.

Great article - I love old interviews - thanks!!

Janis is from Brooklyn? wtf really? Did I miss something? I just assumed she was a Londoner.

I have this on CD - one of the classic heartbreak albums, indeed.

I thought Janis was British by birth but lived in Brooklyn for a while as a young adult.

ohhhh… That’s interesting, I didn’t know she lived there!

Great article, M., thanks… I also didn’t know Janis was American, I thought she just llived in N.Y. for a while…

didn’t she say that the eagle on her back has the egypcian symbol or whatever that is with the american flag in it because her mom is amercian?

So did I.
Thanks for posting.

Great interview. Some great quotes. My favorites:

I love her enthusiasm for London.

:lol:

Impressive answer.

Another impressive, thoughtful answer.

Thanks! This reminds me of what drew me to Amy originally, her earthiness and passion for music. I can relate…

I remember reading that Janis was born in New York but grew up in London. I didn’t know she was born in Brooklyn though.

Where is this Amy at???

Remember that jewish girl on Never Mind The Buzzcocks? She said she died. I don’t know if it’s true, but I heard that.

You’re right, she is dead.

Nice read, thank you!

love the old interviews :slight_smile: thnx 4 posting

OMGosh, this is probably the best AMy interview I have ever known. Does anyone have the scans of the actual article or yet better the access to a library’s archive of PDF’d to download it???

Well, life is like a pipe, and she became the tiny penny rolling up the walls insiide. :ohno:

Thanks, Marisa, for this gem.

:clap: Great interview!!
I can imagine someone tell her "Shut your mouth, Amy! Smile!”
:lol:
what a great woman!