Prayer for Amy

I come to You in prayer
Asking You to bless…
A very precious songbird.
This dear girl is in pain;
The kind only You can take away.

As I send up this prayer
Please comfort our Amy;
And in Your own unique way…
Let her feel Your presence.

It will help her so much to know;
That she is never ever really alone.

I have complete trust in You…

I know that You can hear me;
And will answer my prayer.

1 Like

wonderful. yes please, answer our prayer for Amy

kev, I’m to the point that I don’t think anything else can help her. Mitch is trying but she needs good vibes from us all. Anyway, it’s all I know to do.

I’m praying for Amy and hope she kicks her addictions cause she is a great singer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL6N8f7EfIg

That is a beautiful prayer…When I cry out I make sure to include all that is sufferng with a problem or situation. It’s tough, but we will get threw it

From Numbers 6:
24The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
25The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
26The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

There is strength in numbers.. I believe in the power of prayer and it’s ability to conquer what human frailty sometimes cannot overcome alone. I have been praying for Amy and will say an extra one for her tonight. Wonderful thread.

Amy has been part of my healing thoughts and prayers for quite a while now. She deserves no less.

Although I do not profess to “know” Amy… I know what a special spirit she is.. I know it in my heart and I would like to share a poem that expresses that feeling:

“How do I love thee? Let me count the ways…”
by Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday’s
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, — I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! — and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

Being quite new to this forum I just read this, and it is beautiful.
One needs to remain un-cynical about fallen angels, as in fact, aren’t we all just that? Let those with remembrance of flying, fly, or in Amy’s case, write and sing a songbook full, including all of Human Experience, for only then can it be called full. No-one who is truly creative can ignore or neglect one’s own demons, and to me, in a strange way, that’s comforting.

Our prayers have been answered I think, to a far greater degree than any of us had ever hoped. I’m praying once again that she continues her recovery and finds her way back to continued better health and am grateful for the blessings she has received.

Dear God, please give Amy a fucking break! Amen

He has heard your prayers and says he will get back to you in about 3 weeks.

May she find herself inspired to break loose from the spirits that feed on her pain, taking her down, in order so that she can allow her spirits to be lifted to a level where she finds herself inspired to write about it, as before, with self-transcending honesty, for that is and will always be Amy’s great talent.

I improvised on a Prayer of the innocents. I don’t think God would mind

A Prayer for the innocents

God,care for this little one. Watch over her in all her innocence. Guard, guide, protect. She is so vulnerable in this world gone awry. Abuse abounds. She has no shield, no defence. Be her shield, O Lord. Be her defence. Send your holy angels to protect this child.

Protect Her as she skips on the beach
Protect her as she plays in the sand.
Protect her as she sleeps through the night.

Protect her from all physical harm.
Protect her from all emotional harm.
Protect her from all spiritual harm.

Keep her from the influence of evil :
from evil friendships,
from evil thoughts,
from evil acts.

This I ask in the name of Jesus who always welcomed the little ones into his presence.
Amen.

I pray for you Amy in the language that I pray, latin:

DE PROFUNDIS
De profundis clamavi ad Amy Winehouse, Domine:
Domine, exaudi vocem meam:
Fiant aures tuae intendentes,
in vocem deprecationis meae.
Si iniquitates observaveris, Domine:
Domine, quis sustinebit?
Quia apud te propitiatio est:
et propter legem tuam sustinui te, Domine.
Sustinuit anima mea in verbo eius:
speravit anima mea in Domino.
A custodia matutina usque ad noctem:
speret Israel in Domino.
Quia apud Dominum misericordia:
et copiosa apud eum redemptio.
Et ipse redimet Israel,
ex omnibus iniquitatibus eius.
Gloria Patri, et Filio,
et Spiritui Sancto.
Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper,
et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.

DE PROFUNDIS (English)
Out of the depths I have cried for Amy Winehouse, O Lord: * Lord, hear my voice.
Let Thy ears be attentive * to the voice of my supplication.
If Thou, O Lord, wilt mark iniquities: * Lord, who shall stand it?
For with Thee there is merciful forgiveness: * and by reason of thy law, I have waited for Thee, O Lord.
My soul hath relied on His word, * my soul hath hoped in the Lord.
From the morning watch even until night, * let Israel hope in the Lord.
Because with the Lord there is mercy: and with him plentiful redemption.
And he shall redeem Israel * from all his iniquities.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son, * and to the Holy Ghost.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, * world without end. Amen.

Prayers I most often think of for Amy:

I love this from Philippians 4. Not a prayer really. The first time I read it, it just blew me away.

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, [1] whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

^ Love that! Still looking for that other part you cited:

hahahaha