Hi everyone!
I was searching on youtube for rare interviews, and I found this interview with the live acoustic versions of ‘You Know I’m No Good’, ‘Rehab’ and 'Love Is A Losing Game.
I have never heard this interview before, it’s great!
Hi everyone!
I was searching on youtube for rare interviews, and I found this interview with the live acoustic versions of ‘You Know I’m No Good’, ‘Rehab’ and 'Love Is A Losing Game.
I have never heard this interview before, it’s great!
I think Uno posted this a while back but it’s one of my favorite acoustic sets..and this interview is how i like to remember her.
Cute interview, I always feel really awkward when she starts talking about drink though ![]()
I could listen to her talk for ever. She just speaks her mind.
I’ve always hoped the Back to Black acoustic from this would surface, from the brief preview that can be heard in the background of an interview (don’t think it’s this one, think it’s another from the same day with a woman backstage at SXSW) she accompanies herself on guitar rather than Binky Griptite.
I’ve never heard that before, that was excellent, thank you ![]()
I realized something, though, listening to it. I never noticed how, as an American, just how thick Amy’s accent was. I found it kind of difficult to understand her without being able to watch her talk, where I can see how her lips are moving. Kind of funny ![]()
^I never knew anything about Ronson’s accent before she started imitating it haha
"He’s a man who seems to have it all – an award-winning music career, a mobile filled with the numbers of the coolest people on the planet, a French lingerie-model wife, a reputation as one of the world’s most stylish men – yet Mark Ronson acknowledges there’s one thing in life he doesn’t possess: ‘I wish I had one accent I could commit to.’
His curious mid-Atlantic inflection is a product of being born in London, growing up in New York and, until recently, shuttling continually between the two.
‘When I moved to New York aged eight, the kids teased me for having a funny accent. Then I’d come back to England and see my old friends and they’d make fun of me for sounding American.
'My English accent has started to come out again, but I still sound American to English people. It’s not an affectation; I can’t help it."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-2141921/Mark-Ronson-Amy-Winehouse-Adele-Paul-McCartney-saved-drowning.html#ixzz2PLR5tTPl
Yeh Amy’s accent is pretty thick. She’s got a good dose of that Cockney twaaaaang. When I first started listening to her I had no idea what she was singing about. Didn’t matter really. The magic is in her voice and it’s inflections. I always hear her as an instrument. She speaks the language of music. To me the words are irrelevent.
Me too…
I love hearing her interviews and have them on my ipod playlist. I listen to them just like songs.
![]()
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfFXaluALSE
And there’s one more very similiar record. What do you think, why they are different a little? Was it a draft?
Post added at 09:05 PM · previous post was at 09:03 PM
No, they aren’t different. But there’s a nice version of “Valierie”!