Rolling Stone being embarassing.

"Women Who Rock: The 50 Greatest Albums of All Time"

What are these people smoking?

How did they forget Amy??? Wth?!

Taylor Swift
 excuse me while I shake my head.

1 Like

OH DEAR OH DEAR
 That is a great mistake. I would swap so many of them for Amy
 RIDICULOUS.

1 Like

I can agree with basically everything on this list except for Taylor Swift. What has she contributed to music that will stand the test of time in the ways that Amy, the Supremes, the Ronettes, Etta James, Lauryn Hill, Dusty Springfield, Dionne Warwick, and others have? I’m even pressed to say that Adele shouldn’t be on there. Or, at least, she shouldn’t be that high on the list. Lauryn Hill should be so much higher on the list than she currently is.

Just another reason for me to not to pay any attention to that magazine that supposedly knows everything about good music!
What a joke.

Yoko Ono
 What on earth??? Clearly the sound of a cat being strangled is better than the soulful tones of Amy
 I am glad I have never bought this magazine. Hmph.

what kind of fuckery is this?

Oh please
For God’s shake not Taylor! They forgot Amy for her!? WTF

I’m embarassed for some truly great albums being in such crap company. Born This Way higher than Madonna, Adele at #6 while Amy doesn’t even get a mention and The Miseducation and Taylor Swift’s music are almost on par apparently. Siouxsie & The Banshees’ best album is a best of compilation? Were they too lazy to listen to their work properly? Just embarassing.

Exactly! I can hardly believe that “Rolling Stone” published this mess. There are some very odd and peculiar choices, and clearly, whoever authored this list can’t distinguish true musical talent from mediocre fads.

It’s a really bizarre list; in a list of the 50 greatest female records, I’m struggling to see why BeyoncĂ©, Taylor Swift, Alicia Keys, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, MIA, Lady Gaga and Adele are on there; I’ve got nothing against any of them (in fact I like some MIA and Yeah Yeah Yeahs), but none of them have released a album worthy of the list, and there’s some other odd choices. I always find it strange Aretha Franklin seems to top all of their polls also. Yes, she is a legend, but I can think of people I’d put ahead of her on an album list. Their polls always seem like they’ve been written by someone with pretty limited and biased music knowledge imo. There are some good calls on the list but the placing and many glaring omissions (not just Back to Black which tops half the records on that list) just leaves me a bit cold.

I don’t like Taylor Swift
 but I will give her this, she writes her own music, attempts to sing and has inspired another generation of girls to find their prince charming and proves it’s okay to be awkward haha. I can’t even get through Adele’s 21 in one sitting
 it is definitely an overrated album but I guess she has touched the souls of millions with her put-on soul. And yeah Hill should be higher.

Those are like the very reasons I can’t stand Taylor Swift. Her whole pure-white-princess-better-than-the-harlots-in-short-skirts shtick makes me barf
 @TBR I think YYY, Alicia Keys and MIA deserve to be on that list, but not with those albums. Their earlier records are far more superior.

Haha yeah I find her revolting as well, but I can’t deny she has created an image which a lot of teenagers love. The main thing is she writes her own music. You can’t say that about a lot of pop stars now and she seems mostly genuine, although I’m not a fan of her personality either. I’m pretty sure she has pissed off the country music industry with her barely country ways


Most women on that list don’t even rock ! Taylor Swift? And Beyonce? She’s beautiful and can dance, but she doesn’t rock. And where is Kate Bush? That woman truly rocks ! I have a feeling Rolling Stones didn’t include Amy on purpose. It’s not a first time they do something like that.
I am actually surprised they didn’t include Katy Perry. lol.

I posted on this in another thread based on the Nov, 2008 edition that included their idea of the top 100 of all artists. It’s outrageous!

Honestly, I don’t want to see Amy in the same list as Gaga or Taylor Swift. Amy’s in another list, with Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, The Ronettes and all that.

Yoko Ono? I have nothing to say for her, I think they added her name mistakenly. But Madonna.. Alright, she is an all time diva. Her concerts, performances, dances etc. are really cool but she hasn’t got a unique voice. Her voice is too ordinary. I love some songs of her but just because she has been singing since 80s doesn’t mean she is a better artist than Amy. MADONNA IS OVERRATED! That’s all.

I know Rolling Stone publish what THEY ARE PAID FOR:)
So, dont worry:) We know whats worth it
 Iam not going to let RS tell me whats good and whats bad in music


Amy and Whitney are not here
 what a joke. 2 greatest vocalists on their time


AND AMY!!! OMG, LADY AGGAGA? AHHAHA THE DONT KNOW ANITHING ABOUT MUSIC, BUT ANYWAY I DONT NEED A NEWSPAPER LIKE THIS