If they never met I think will never been Back to Black, cause the most of the album talk about Amy’s and Blake relationship.
And if they were together,maybe she would be clean from drugs and alcohol?And have some kids as Amy wished.
(she wanted to have kids with him) :s
The world would end. Just joking, but seriously, I think her music wouldn’t be as touching because she never had met him which really influenced a lot of Back to Black. But seeing what happened in Frank, I don’t know. It might’ve been better for her and her musical career.
If she hadn’t met Blake, her life may had been better, or it may not have. If she hadn’t met Blake, there wouldn’t have been a Back to Black. Back to Black is a masterpiece, and she had to go through some real emotional strife to make it. I don’t think she would have been able to make it if she never fell in love.
If it hadn’t been Blake it would’ve been someone else to break her heart…
A song like “You know I’m no good”…we already knew she was OK about casusal sex and being unfaithful from her first album (“I thought Love is blind” and “In My bed”), so I’m pretty sure eventually she would’ve cheated on some bloke and told him “Look, that’s what i do, I’m no good”.
Amy was so passionate I’m pretty sure she could’nt help herself from falling deeply in love. Sure, I think Blake was her soulmate, but if it hadn’t been him it would’ve been someone else…
Concerning the drugs, if Blake wasn’t in her life, I’m sure she would’ve ended up there anyway. The are a lot of drugs in the music industry so she was exposed to them a lot, and she clearly had an addictive nature and was a big drinker, so I think it was just a matter of time. She felt huge pressure from the fame and was bipolar, she needed to numb her pain away, with drugs or with alcohol. So I think Blake or no Blake, this probably would’ve happened anyway, maybe not as fast.
In my opinion, Blake can be easily replaced by any other guy.
I think relationships were Amy’s muse, not Blake. If Amy was happily dating or married, then we would have an album full of AMAZING songs about how flippin’ awesome it is to be in love. At the time, Amy was heart broken, so we have Back to Black, which perfectly describes the “black” that covers you as you mourn a failed relationship.
I haven’t heard that Blake was the one who influenced her love of 60s girl groups. So, the album would’ve had the same 60s sound. It would’ve been successful because vocally and lyrically Amy blows other artists out of the water. Amy is awesome. So, this forum would still exist we would just be talking about a different album.
Sadly, I think Amy would have still passed away. I believe everyone has a predestined time to be born and time to die. Regardless, of meeting Blake, drugs, etc. I think July 23, 2011 was written in the stars.
I think B2B is a masterpiece too. I agree with all the post that say it would have been someone else who broke her heart or whose heart she broke and a song would have still been written. Amy was born to sing and write music regardless of her environment. Some of her songs abut relationships and break ups are not just BFC but other men in her life. Amy was a very very gifted artist and she would have been just as known but maybe it would have taken a little longer.
I agree. It’s kind of useless to speculate about what might have been if only…whatever. If I bought Google stock when it was only $40 a share, I could have gotten rich, moved to London, met Amy Winehouse and saved her from herself (somehow). People can argue whether the future is predetermined or not, but the past is written in stone. What was, is. Back to Black was made, and it will never be unmade.