Some of you might already know that I’m getting sick of constantly having to move and merge threads. That’s why there’s going to be some changes around here. Most of you regulars will have nothing to fear though, so don’t worry. If you make a mistake once or twice and realise you did so (I’m sure one of my little helpers will kindly point it out to you), it’s alright, you’re not going to get banned all of a sudden.
From now on, you will get a verbal warning over PM if you don’t stick to the following two rules:
Don’t post a new thread if it’s not necessary to do so. If there already is a thread related to the topic you are about to post about, post your message in the already existing thread.
Example: If you find out Amy killed a cat yesterday post your message in A) a thread related to Amy and cats, or B ) a thread related to other domestic animals Amy supposedly killed. If there is no existing thread you can post your message in, then make a new thread.
If you post a new thread, post it in the appropriate forum.
Example: if you find a picture of Amy secretly trying to bury the diseased cat next to what appear to be several fresh hamster graves, post it in Anything Amy. Preferably in A) a thread related to Amy and cats, B ) a thread related to other domestic animals Amy supposedly killed, or C) The Amy Pic Posting For Fun Thread.
If you mess up after already having received a verbal warning, you will get an official warning. I’ll warn you 5% the first time (or first few times if I’m in a good mood), but if you keep messing up I’ll start warning you 10% each time you break the rules. I’ll keep a record of all the warnings. If your warning level reaches 100% you will be banned.
If you have any questions, just post them here or PM me. Thanks.
EDIT: if you post a new thread in Amy Articles, don’t forget to post a link to the article you’re talking about. Quote the whole article in the thread if you really want to make my day.
something thts been annoying me also, most do it right, but not everyone
when posting articles post the source as directed to do so in the articles forum
yeah i hate when they do that aswell, if they havent got the link there and then they shoudlnt post it in the artcicles section, unless they say i will find the link now in the post and get it right away they should put it somewhere else =]
I won’t be around much the next few weeks. I got exams coming up, papers to write, etc.. so if I’m not here to merge/move/kick buttocks you know why. I’ll try to keep an eye on the board anyway though.
I just added the first member to the “next time you’ll get a verbal warning” list btw haha.
No worries. I’m sure Mandy, good*freakin*times and I can move/merge etc. I never do because you always get there before me - which I appreciate very much! Goodluck with exams and speak soon.