31 replies to this topic

#1 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:11 PM

http://www.pitchfork...Daniel_Johnston

Amy Winehouse is terrible. TERRIBLE. For some reason, the singer-songwriter is swimming in praise over in her native England, and her second album, Back to Black, went to number 3 there. (It's coming out in America on Universal Republic in March 2007, so watch out.)

Basically she sounds like a street-smart version of Joss Stone. (Not that we in any way needed a street-smart version of Joss Stone.) To extremely confused people, this means she's comparable to Billie Holiday and Lauryn Hill.

Anyway, Amy Winehouse has somehow hooked up with a few pretty cool folks. Hot Chip remixed her hit single "Rehab" (produced by Mark Ronson), and it's pretty much the best Hot Chip remix ever. This is because it takes an awful, awful song and makes it actually enjoyable. They stretch the track out to almost twice its length, adding an intro and outro of bells and stomps and a dude intoning "hey" over and over again. Of course, these are the best parts of the song, because Amy Winehouse isn't singing.

Ghostface Killah seems to have taken a liking to Winehouse's song "You Know I'm No Good" (from Back to Black), as he rhymes over the "bluesy", Ronson-produced cut on his forthcoming album More Fish, and loans a verse to another version of the song.

Ghostface is in fire-breathing mode here, his intensity increasing with every verse, as he chews out a nasty girl who tried to play him with lines like "you need to just walk away like Kelly Clarkson". When alternating with the choruses, it sounds like he's telling Amy Winehouse to fuck off. Which is exactly what she should be told.

Whoever wrote this is full of shit! You can download the mp3's of the above songs using the link at the beginning of the post.

#2 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:20 PM

OK I've just listened to Hot Chips remix of Rehab and Oh. My. God. It's awful! Nothing against Hot Chip, but this remix is really boring and very annoying.

I've just finished listening to You Know I'm No Good with Ghostface Killah and it isn't as good as I thought it'd be. It seemed like Ghostface's part had just been crammed in there and they only just fit it in before Amy starts singing again. lol. I can't explain it very well but I don't like it.

Not terribly impressed with either of these remix's.

#3 anacita

anacita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:55 AM

that's a terrbile,TERRIBLE article. II don't like the Hot chip remix,neither. But I love the DED remix of rehab.

#4 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:44 PM

I haven't heard the DED remix. Who are DED? lol

#5 Mr Magic

Mr Magic

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:32 PM

I like Ghostface Killahs rap on Know Im No Good. but that hotchip version sux!

#6 yougotmebad

yougotmebad

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

I like Ghostface's version. Obv this guy knows nothing.
Posted Image

#7 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

Obv this guy knows nothing.

Who, me?

#8 yougotmebad

yougotmebad

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:26 PM

No no, the guy who wrote the article.
Posted Image

#9 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:29 PM

That's ok then. :smileywink:

#10 Sutty

Sutty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 04:17 PM

I've just listened to that hotchip remix it sounds like a mess, a fan could make a better mix. That Desert Eagle Discs (DED) remix is alot better. I like the sample it use's on the chorus parts its been used on alot of hip hop songs. You Know I'm Know Good Ghostface version i like that too. Has any1 listened to the Addicted version with Professor green? now thats horrible doesnt even sound like its part of the track. That guy who wrote the article obv has sum problems and just cant stand seeing her doing good so havs to try put her down.

#11 anacita

anacita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:37 PM

I've just listened to that hotchip remix it sounds like a mess, a fan could make a better mix.
That Desert Eagle Discs (DED) remix is alot better. I like the sample it use's on the chorus parts its been used on alot of hip hop songs.

You Know I'm Know Good Ghostface version i like that too.
Has any1 listened to the Addicted version with Professor green? now thats horrible doesnt even sound like its part of the track.

That guy who wrote the article obv has sum problems and just cant stand seeing her doing good so havs to try put her down.

there is a remix of addicted?

#12 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:47 PM

That's news to me. If my Limewire was working then I could download it! Is it on YouTube or anything?

#13 Sutty

Sutty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:40 PM

I dont think its an official mix prob sumthin for a mixtape i think, but you can listen to his part on myspace http://www.myspace.com/professorgreen

#14 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:12 PM

It's alright... not that good. Better than that HotChip remix imo.

#15 MafiaGirl

MafiaGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:10 PM

Ghostface's bit was cut and pasted in - very poor remix personally - it upsets me that some places note it as Amy featuring - terrible!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users