agrees

#17 KIMBER

KIMBER

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:44 PM

how can you be a fan an say that shit!!!!!!!

#18 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:37 PM

Who?

#19 socialbutterfly

socialbutterfly

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:36 AM

i cant believe people can be so stupid.....shes really popular for a reason...becuse shes an amazing singer!! and canada / us will see that soon too when her CD comes out here!

#20 bondboffin

bondboffin

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:02 PM

whoever wrote this article is terrible. TERRIBLE for saying this about Amy. I never knew about this Hot Chip Remix, I'm a fan of their music, but not so much their remix of Rehab. They are killing a classic here!
[align=center]Posted Image[/align]

#21 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:41 PM

here is a link to the full version of Rehab remix DED, it sounds better the more you here, and there is something catchy about it! I don't like the other Hot remix its awful!

#22 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:28 PM

i like the desert eagle remix, to me its rehab meets aint no other man, but the hot chip remix sounds a bit like a fan would make in garageband or something with some beats and an acapella of the track

#23 MissDiva

MissDiva

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:05 PM

I don't mind the remixes, but obviously they don't compare to the originals. She should release some of her live versions though because the way she changes the songs when she sings them live are just fantastic!!
You should be stronger than me,
But instead you\'re longer than frozen turkey!

#24 strictrat

strictrat

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:28 PM

Ha. Quite like the proffessor green thing. This article is terrible however. The guy doesn't actually back up his argument, he just says amy's shit, which is a stupid, un-informed opinion. How do these people become journalists? terrible. TERRIBLE

#25 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:59 AM

I don't like the ghostface version of i'm no good. The addicted mix mentioned is horrible. HORRIBLE. That article is ridiculous. I love the desert eagle remix, even more than the original rehab!

#26 deesoulbabe

deesoulbabe

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:58 PM

I've listen to the remix. Personally, I don't see the point of remixing something that was perfect in the beginning. All the person has done is bastardise the tune and turn it into something in which it was never intended to be. Amy's work doesn't need enhancing, reworking or touching. She wouldn't have release it unless it was 100%. It's her voice that does it for me D

#27 drubee69

drubee69

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:11 PM

http://www.pitchfork...Daniel_Johnston

Amy Winehouse is terrible. TERRIBLE. For some reason, the singer-songwriter is swimming in praise over in her native England, and her second album, Back to Black, went to number 3 there. (It's coming out in America on Universal Republic in March 2007, so watch out.)

Basically she sounds like a street-smart version of Joss Stone. (Not that we in any way needed a street-smart version of Joss Stone.) To extremely confused people, this means she's comparable to Billie Holiday and Lauryn Hill.

Anyway, Amy Winehouse has somehow hooked up with a few pretty cool folks. Hot Chip remixed her hit single "Rehab" (produced by Mark Ronson), and it's pretty much the best Hot Chip remix ever. This is because it takes an awful, awful song and makes it actually enjoyable. They stretch the track out to almost twice its length, adding an intro and outro of bells and stomps and a dude intoning "hey" over and over again. Of course, these are the best parts of the song, because Amy Winehouse isn't singing.

Ghostface Killah seems to have taken a liking to Winehouse's song "You Know I'm No Good" (from Back to Black), as he rhymes over the "bluesy", Ronson-produced cut on his forthcoming album More Fish, and loans a verse to another version of the song.

Ghostface is in fire-breathing mode here, his intensity increasing with every verse, as he chews out a nasty girl who tried to play him with lines like "you need to just walk away like Kelly Clarkson". When alternating with the choruses, it sounds like he's telling Amy Winehouse to fuck off. Which is exactly what she should be told.

Whoever wrote this is full of shit! You can download the mp3's of the above songs using the link at the beginning of the post.

HE KNOWS NOTHING!!!

#28 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:16 PM

I think we're all agreed on that. :)

#29 mivida

mivida

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:37 PM

Those two remixes of "Rehab" were also used on this German page www.voll-auf-entzug.de where her record label set up some sort of Amy-drinking-game. I too don't really see a point to these remixes, as the original's the way it is for a reason. They mostly ruin the songs I feel ... :S

#30 pinkness

pinkness

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:57 AM

very often, nothing's better than the original, isn't it??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users