#31 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:01 PM

Paul McCartney's Winehouse wish

Sir Paul McCartney wants Amy Winehouse to sing the theme tune for the new James Bond film, 'Quantum of Solace'.

The Beatles legend - who sang the title track for hit 1973 Bond film 'Live and Let Die' - thinks troubled singer Amy has the perfect voice for a theme song, and offered some advice to her.

He said: "I think Amy Winehouse would be really good, and I think she would do a really good job. My advice to her would be not to try and rhyme 'Solace' with anything - that's too hard."

Paul also said despite being responsible for one of the most popular Bond tunes of all time, he wouldn't want to have the responsibility again.

He added: "I definitely wouldn't do it again. I have been trying to think of something to rhyme with 'Solace' and all I can come up with is 'Wallace'! I don't envy whoever is going to do the song!"

Other singers who have recorded a 007 theme tune include, Dame Shirley Bassey, Tina Turner, Sir Tom Jones, Carly Simon and Lulu. International

http://www.e-musicte...kid=17&st=59768

#32 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:25 PM

^ You're making my day with all the quoted articles + links in already existing threads located in the appropriate forums.

#33 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:32 PM

Well, I don't wanna piss you off!

#34 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:09 AM

http://www.undercove...ry.aspx?id=4316

Craig David wants Bond job
by Music-News.com - March 18 2008

Craig David wants to record the theme song for the new James Bond film.

The British singer is desperate lend his voice to the opening of the latest 007 adventure 'Quantum of Solace', but accepts he will have to get past current favourite Amy Winehouse.

He said in an interview with ITV.com: "I think trying to do a themed song for a film is great, a song that encapsulates what the whole film is about. "

Bond would be a great one. To be honest I know Amy Winehouse is being hotly-tipped for it, which would be great if she gets to do that, but the Bond films are an institution in themselves and you'd love to, as an artist, get involved with something like that. It would be great to be involved".

Sir Paul McCartney - whose band Wings created classic Bond theme 'Live and Let Die' for the movie of the same name in 1973 - recently tipped Amy for the job.

He said: "I think Amy Winehouse would do a really good job with the Bond theme. My advice to her would be not to try and rhyme 'Solace' with anything - that's too hard."

Other singers who have recorded Bond themes include Dame Shirley Bassey, Tina Turner, Sir Tom Jones and Duran Duran.

Watch the Craig David interview at ITV

#35 Danny Boy

Danny Boy

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:40 AM

No way, Craig David would be laaaaame. *thumbs down to Craig David*

Amy would be much better. I was discussing this over on another forum, and other people agree that Amy's voice would make another hit to rival 'Goldinger'

#36 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:33 AM

Craig David is still around? I haven't heard from him since 2001.

#37 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:42 PM

after a bunch of mouse-video crap, the Daily Star says this:
"Meanwhile we can reveal that Amy Winehouse HAS recorded a track 007 theme tune without producer pal Mark Ronson. The Back To Black star put the finishing touches on the Shirley Bassey-type track last week and her record company are already hailing it as a "smash hit".

Man-of-the-moment Ronson, 32, was supposed to be producing the song with Amy, 24, but he pulled the plug on their studio sessions due to her erratic behaviour. He then hit out at his pal saying the song would only be completed by some sort of "miracle".

Ronson's attack led to rumours that Amy could be replaced by British rivals' Duffy or Adele, but a record company source revealed the theme tune to Quantum of Solace was already in the bag.

The insider told us: "Amy has already recorded the track. It is done and dusted and sounds fantastic. "It's like an old Shirley Bassey classic with a big orchestra of trumpets.

"It will be a smash hit and will go down as one of the all time James Bond classic theme tunes.

"The final title hasn't been decided yet but it has been going by the working title of 'Solace'."

http://www.dailystar...AMY-WINEMOUSE-/

#38 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:24 AM

ooer, hmm
interesting

#39 CKSI

CKSI

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:16 AM

I'll belive it when I hear it.

I don't mean to be negative but this has been on, off, on, off...

#40 masie

masie

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

Sound like Amy's marketing people trying to get medias attention to the other direction from the hole Winemouse-thing.
Call me cynical. But i don't believe that Amy has recorded the new Bond song or any kind of new music.

#41 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:35 PM

I think she has recorded music. Don't know about the bond theme though. But if she did record it, I'm sure Mark isn't feeling too happy right now.

#42 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:21 AM

If one is to believe previous reports, didn't Mark say it was Amy who was asked to write the song (not Amy and Mark)....and Amy invited Mark to join her in this project?

#43 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:31 AM

^ Yup, that's what Mark said.

#44 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:09 PM

And now, apparently the Pet Shop Boys want her too.

PET SHOP BOYS WANT WINEHOUSE FOR BOND THEME TUNE

British pop stars PET SHOP BOYS have reached out to troubled star AMY WINEHOUSE - they want to help her record the theme song for the upcoming Bond film QUANTUM OF SOLACE.
The dance duo are desperate to provide movie bosses with a title track for the superspy's latest outing, due out in October (08), and want the Back To Black singer to lay down vocals for the song.
Last month (Apr08), DJ Mark Ronson confirmed he had started work on a song for the movie, and had roped in Winehouse to record a song in his studio in Oxford, England.
But Ronson has hit out at the star's recent return to erratic behaviour, insisting troubled Winehouse is simply not "ready" to work on music while she is still battling her demons.
Now, Pet Shop Boys frontman Neil Tennant says the band is eager to take the acclaimed producer's place, by recording their own track with Winehouse.
He says, "She's got a few things to sort out first but we like her very much. Technically she's a great singer and we've got one or two tracks that would really suit her."

http://www.contactmu...me tune_1069222

#45 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:49 PM

AND TODAY THE STORY IS:

http://www.newkerala...llnews&id=63653

Pet Shop Boys deny approaching Amy Winehouse for Bond theme

Washington, May 22 : British pop duo Pet Shop Boys have dismissed rumours that they want to work with Amy Winehouse to record the theme song for the new James Bond movie 'Quantum of Solace'.

British newspaper The Sun reported that the duo were desperately looking forward to tie up with Bond bosses to record the title track for the latest Bond movie, and that they had the material that would perfectly suit the 'Rehab' singer's voice.

Pet Shop Boy's frontman Neil Tennant reportedly told the publication that they wanted to rope in Amy for the title track.

"Technically she's a great singer and we've got one or two tracks that would really suit her," Contactmusic quoted him, as telling The Sun.

But now, the duo's representatives have slammed all these reports insisting the newspaper "totally made up" the story, and said that the 'West End Girls' hitmakers have no intentions of working with Winehouse.

Rumours of Winehouse recording a theme song for the movie started making rounds when DJ Mark Ronson told reporters he had scrapped his collaborative Bond track with the singer because she was not "ready" to work on music after a recent return to her erratic ways.

--- ANI

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users