56 replies to this topic

#46 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:08 PM

^Yeah, it does work both ways. I noticed how during a lot of the songs outside BTB album, people in the front row were asking each other, 'what song is this?' and not enjoying the performance. lol Even though she'd sung them many times before. About that gig review thing, i must be a shitty AW fan in some of your opinion! But opinions are like a*sholes, everyone's got one!lol And i never said she was bad(for crying out loud!) I don't like to sugar coat my opinions, that's the kind of fan i am.

#47 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:04 PM

I agree a bit with both of you. I think fair enough if you didn't like what she was wearing or didn't like her performance but to be fair, in my opinion (!) I think that a real Winehouse fan should see through her "bad performances" by only seeing the good points. Every singer has better shows than others but when it comes to Amy, theres no such thing as a bad performance because her voice would sound brethtaking under water! Fair play with your opinions though Lainey.
Loves xx p.s. Is there any way you could send me the mp3's makemyworldgoaround please? Im in need of some new amy sing alongs :P cheers x

I'm a true fan and will always love Amy, but she is an inconsistent performer. That's a fact, not just my opinion.

#48 black

black

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:38 PM

I've just listened rather than watched most of last night's gig again and I think it was better than my first impressions. She went back to "being home with Ray" so I think there could well have been another tiff with Blake as reported; so this and that irritating buffering yesterday couldn't have helped our perceptions. The audience seemed a bit flat too so singing wake up alone and unholy war next to each other wasn't a good idea. I think that's what made her move straight to a reggae session- to liven things up but why didn't she sing Valerie? (or did I miss that). I still don't think she was as good as at the other gigs particularly on parts of he can only hold her where she did not go after the top notes.:shrug:

#49 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:06 PM

Yeah she didn't do Valerie. When she came back to do LIALG, my first thought was "Huh, no Valerie?". And I really don't think we should ignore bad things about Amy because not doing that would make us a bad fan or not a real fan. I love Amy to pieces, I really do, but if something isn't good, it isn't good. Simple as that. We're not breaking Amy down nor does it mean we love her less. Again that's only my opinion. PS: I don't think this gig was that bad. Not one of her best but definitely not horrible either. And as Chris said, "And that irritating buffering yesterday couldn't have helped our perceptions".

#50 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:47 PM

Yeah she didn't do Valerie. When she came back to do LIALG, my first thought was "Huh, no Valerie?".

And I really don't think we should ignore bad things about Amy because not doing that would make us a bad fan or not a real fan. I love Amy to pieces, I really do, but if something isn't good, it isn't good. Simple as that. We're not breaking Amy down nor does it mean we love her less.
Again that's only my opinion.

PS: I don't think this gig was that bad. Not one of her best but definitely not horrible either. And as Chris said, "And that irritating buffering yesterday couldn't have helped our perceptions".

ver true what you say, sarah. as fans we take the good and the bad, all of it in it's entirety. If she's having an off night doesn't mean I'm gonna abandon her or turn my back on her. She ain't lip synching like alot of these babes on the scene are so I'd rather see her have an off night than resort to that!!!

#51 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:04 PM

About that gig review thing, i must be a shitty AW fan in some of your opinion! But opinions are like a*sholes, everyone's got one!lol

Mags! That's too funny! That is one of my favourite sayings lol lol

We all know you're a true fan - no worries!!

I look at it like - when she has a sub-par performance like the eden project, for example, it just fuels the tabloid bullshit even more, and gives the nay-sayers and haters just another excuse to slag her off. I think a few of us feel quite protective of Amy, and we just want to see her be her best (like Amsterdam, for example). I think most of us here, like kev says, won't abandon her because of a bad concert - we love her too much for that.

#52 Anna

Anna

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:23 PM

I have been to the munich gig so maybe my opinion of the gig will answer some of your suppositions. I stood front row and was absolutly excited about the gig. During and after the first few song the crowd was really doing very much but Amy didn't seem to want to be there. She walked back to the steps (I think her manager stood there) and came back again a few times. She didn't even know in which city she was (had to ask, I guess he's called Zalon for the city) und when she wanted to play guitar she didn't know the chords and had to ask her bassist (remember that she once played whole gigs). She exuded some sense of boredom which I found really sad because I have really been looking forward to seeing her for 3 years because it was the first gig in Munich she has ever done. Maybe the crowd wasn't that good but it tried to show her some comfort!! It may be true that there were a lot of knew fans who didn't know "I heard love is blind" which was unfortunatly the only song of Frank. I would have wished she'd done more of it. Most shocking was Monkey Man! The backroundsingers and the brass section were having fun and dancing all over the stage but Amy didn't move and didn't seem to realize what's going on behind her. For the whole gig she seemed to be in her own world and didn't try to connect with the audience! After a time I was more looking at her backroundsingers because she just stood like a pillar. The band became more exciting than her! Furthermore while she was doing the band intro she walked off the stage and Zalon had to do the introducing. I wasn't disappointed by her vocal abilities. She was stunning! But it disappointed me that she had this "I don't care about the gig" attitude which is much worse cause she used to say how much she loves doing gigs. As I stood front row I could see the set list. Valerie was on it as last song but I guess she didn't want to do it anymore at the end (band looked confused about this,too) I didn't regret going to the gig but it wasn't as much as I would have expected over half a year ago when I bought the ticket (gig was postponed from April 1st to the day before yesterday)!

#53 black

black

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for the informative post Anna. At least this explains why the mp3 was so much better to listen to than was watching the live streaming video. Why do you think she was in that frame of mind?

#54 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:53 PM

thanks Anna. there's nothing worse that attending a show where the performer appears to care less about being there. and, Valerie is the #2 single on the UK charts right now, what an important song to skip. That's too bad...

#55 Anna

Anna

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:39 PM

Some papers say that Amy had a row with Blake before the gig. This could be an explanation. On the other hand she seemed very absent so drugs could be the other explanation. Or maybe even both...... I was really pissed she didn't play Valerie and was thinking about calling for it but then I thought this yould be consiedered cheeky....

#56 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for posting, Anna.

there's nothing worse that attending a show where the performer appears to care less about being there.

Absolutely.

#57 black

black

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:52 PM

Some papers say that Amy had a row with Blake before the gig. This could be an explanation.

Yes, I was wondering if that could be a reason, as at the MOBOs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users