43 replies to this topic

#31 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:05 AM

But I don't agree, you have to tell your story - get free and why not here, it is pretty much anonymous and it helps to know that you are not the only one even though you might feel that way.

Wow! You've come through alot! Good for you for coming out the other side.... Hope Amy's is just a phase, too.:shrug:

I agree with that last part actually; I was about to post an edit to that comment, but then had to leave for a bit and didn't do it

Actually, maybe this IS as good a forum as any to talk about stuff like that, because, after all, doesn't Amy spur us on to discuss that part of her in other threads?...

...although we sometimes get a chuckle along with feeling the heartfelt sadness and pain...and those who are interested can read and/or join in and others can just ignore the thread....

#32 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:30 AM

...although we sometimes get a chuckle along with feeling the heartfelt sadness and pain...and those who are interested can read and/or join in and others can just ignore the thread....[/QUOTE]

Yes that is true.

I just got some sad new though...The mother of Kanye West has passed away...:tears:

#33 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:40 AM

yeahhh, I just read that! Its so sad. Losing your mom is the worst thing in the world that could happen.

#34 stimuland

stimuland

I'm talking 'bout my new guitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:14 PM

PLEASE!WHY AM I ALWAYS SO UNLUCKY,THIS IS MY SECOND TIME,PLEASE!

daamn, really sorry to hear that.

:(

#35 deesoulbabe

deesoulbabe

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:35 PM

There is so much squabbling going on in this forum that it is like a child's playground!
I come here to keep up to date on my idol.
If my man was fighting some unholy war - I think the words in this song give a good indication of how Amy will react.
I am sure she will be strong and get on. She has no choice. Prison isn't the end of life and Blake will be back for her.
At least she'll have some time to throw herself into her writing.
Wishing Amy peace of mind
Go girl x

#36 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:58 PM

I used to be that way. I lived in a horrible home and I would drink and did all kinds of things that a "smart" girl shouldn't do. I stole cars, robbed people, beat up people because I was oppressed and depressed. Whew thank A (saw) I am older and that people were sent my way to look for me when I couldn't help myself.

But I don't agree, you have to tell your story - get free and why not here, it is pretty much anonymous and it helps to know that you are not the only one even though you might feel that way.

Wow, you went through a rough time. You sound as though you have turned your life around though. I think most people experience some difficult times sometime in their lives, some manage to get through those times, but only if they accept help. Some people just don't want help, because usually it means they have to change their behaviour and their reactions to lifes problems.

#37 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:21 PM

Wow, you went through a rough time. You sound as though you have turned your life around though. I think most people experience some difficult times sometime in their lives, some manage to get through those times, but only if they accept help. Some people just don't want help, because usually it means they have to change their behaviour and their reactions to lifes problems.

It took several years (10 actually) before I changed my life, I had to change my attitude first. I read a book by Iyanla Vanzant (before Oprah), she was 40 years old and just changing her life; getting to where she wanted to be. That thought hit me like a ton of bricks. I was like I'm refuse to be 40 'trying to find myself' and then had a baby and knew it was now or never time.

I not only believe but really understand that Shakespearean statement that: Some are born into greatness, some acquire it and some have it thrust upon them. It's not easy out here!

#38 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:58 PM

thanks for sharing your story blakmamba. looking back to a certain period in my life that was a living hell, i can truely say that i embrace it now and accept the fact that if i hadn't been in that place i wouldn't be the person i am today. no regrets, that period was there for a reason...to learn how to love myself unconditionally. it's so liberating when you finally see the light at the other side, now it's YES YES YES all the way!!!!

#39 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:02 PM

Isn't that a beautiful thing...to look back at or look from the other side and glad I made it!

#40 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

I am a great believer in reading lots of self help books. I am still learning to understand why I am like I am and why people are like they are, it fascinates me. They help me make sense of so many things; if I am feeling down I find reading very reassuring. If my friends have a problem they want to talk about, I will share my findings in these books and sometimes it helps them to understand.

Amy seems to reject any sort of help that is offered to her. I don't think she needed to go to Rehab, but I think she did need to see someone who could have helped her make sense of her life and problems. She chose drugs to blot them out instead. She needs to know and understand herself before she can love herself. But sometimes, it can be scary to know yourself, because you need to think back your childhood memories to find out why you are who you are. It can be quite upsetting, and you have to face some not so happy memories.

You have to accept them as a part of your life that is over and wasn't your fault and learn from them, then move on. Forgiving is not easy to do, but is much better to decide to let a hurt and resentment go than hold onto it and let it ruin the rest of your life.

#41 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:29 PM

I don't know about the drugs part but you are right she needs to know and understand herself before she can love herself. In the artcle I posted under "Blake's health" from the Independent her ex-boyfriend said that she's scared to allow herself to be loved. I can identify with that feeling, it took a long time and I still have trust issues but it's better when you can identify your faults; see them for what they are.

#42 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:58 PM

It's good to see so many strong people here at amyforum. Cos being strong isn't not being afraid, but being afraid and doing it anyway, right?

As much as we have been insipred by AMy, i also think she would have a lot to learn from some of us.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Blackmamba& Kajay& others. It's truely inspiring. I hope AMy can be feeling better one day, and looking back as a winner.

#43 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:10 PM

[quote name='Mags']
It's good to see so many strong people here at amyforum. Cos being strong isn't not being afraid, but being afraid and doing it anyway, right?

Yeah it is!

#44 doughnout peach

doughnout peach

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:40 PM

maybe she is afraid of being loved because the other person would get to know how she really is. She is afraid of being misunderstood or being judged as different, in a bad sense. She would have to understand how special her soul is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users