86 replies to this topic

#1 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:26 AM

Hi everyone! I am new here, so this is my first post.
Sory for my english, i am from Argentina! and there isn´t a good forum in castellano for Amy.
I listen to Amy since te begining of 2007, and on time i read an article that i can´t find now, that saids that Amy sufer a manic-depressive disorder.
I study Psychology for 4 years in the university, and i think that Amy has some behaviors that discribe that disorder.
Have u read sometime somthing like that?
What do you think?

#2 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:35 AM

Welcome . . . Im Zoe:hug:

Amy says shes a manic depressive here:
http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=HIBjqQSYA7o

#3 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:47 AM

She says "i´am" or "i´m not"....?
Sometimes i can´t follow her! :tongue02:

#4 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

she says she is a manic depressive . . . .
she says:
" i met up with the fella, he said why do you think your here, i said um, coz i do drink a lot, i think its symtomatic of my depression, like, im a manic depressive, im not an alcoholic, which sounds like an alcoholic in denial"

hope that helped you understand what shes saying!;)

#5 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:05 PM

Thanks! now i get it!
But i guess that no one know for real if she has been diagnostic for a professional.
Is she really got this, i think she need help from a professional. And it´s no necesary doing long therapys for that.
I mean, this is a disorder that has organic causes, u can take medicines for control it, and its not necesary doing therapy for ever...
I´worry about this,... I have meet some people who has this disorder and it´s worry when they do no take seriously this thing.

#6 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:09 PM

yh, there have been quite a few thing said about Amy suffereing with manic depression, but i doubt we will ever know for sure. There have been interviews and articles about her taking medication to control depression, but that she says she doesnt actually take it even though it is prescribed.
:lol: its weird we are discussing manic depression, coz im revising unipolar and bipolar disorder for my psychology exam at the moment!:lol:

#7 doughnout peach

doughnout peach

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:20 PM

treatment but it's hard knowing you can't give up feeling that sadness without your pills, even when you really know you are hurting yourself so much.dont you think?Zoe, keep me informed please (about manic depression) you can add me to your space if u want.

#8 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:26 PM

Hi Emi..Welcome!

I've have manic-depression and the questions you raise are good ones. I don't know if Amy has had a professional diagnosis. I heard her say that she tried antidepressants once and she said the meds slowed her down too much.
If she is bipolar, she really needs a mood stabilizer(I take lithium and 3 other meds to treat it)

Bipolar left untreated is dangerous and it's a progressive disease. It can get worse left untreated.

I hope she will take it seriously.

Thanks for bringing up the subject.

Phil

#9 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:32 PM

Zoe, if you need help with your exam, I'm a walking case study in depression and bipolar. Ask me anything. : )

Phil

#10 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:26 PM

well, let´s hope that she really don´t have this...
and good luck to Zoe!

#11 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

But i guess that no one know for real if she has been diagnostic for a professional.

I've always been wondering too.

Oh and welcome Emi. :)

#12 Dani624

Dani624

Fever 103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

Well I am not an expert, but I have a degree in psychology. I don't necessarily think that Amy is manic-depressive which is the former name for bi-polar disorder. I think that she has the tendency to get intensely depressed and uses alcohol and drugs to deal with stress and pain. But you can never know without a psychiatric evaluation.

#13 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:50 PM

how do you tell if someone has this or not? what are the feelings and symptoms and anything else?

#14 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:56 PM

it be best to get a clinical diagnosis after a good few sessions with a psychiatrist/doctor/psychologist
because with such things the symptoms have meet certain degrees or requirements, you have to a certain amount or certain ones
and as many symptoms for disorders overlap you cant just say oh i have it during psychology we get told symptoms, and i swear, im schizophrenic, have bi polar, S.A.D, and loads of other things lol

#15 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:58 PM

during psychology we get told symptoms, and i swear, im schizophrenic, have bi polar, S.A.D, and loads of other things lol

:lol: me to, my teacher will list symptoms and im like"got that one, and that one, and that one":lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users