284 replies to this topic

#226 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:16 PM

Yeah, thanks. I like it when Amy's just being herself. Goofing around, having fun.

#227 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:22 PM

Enjoyed that BRITS interview a lot.

Amy was cute and charming and seemed in very good shape. Put me at ease to see her like that. People who get to spend time with her are so lucky.

Anybody else notice that her mouth occasionally pulls to the right, like it did at the Grammys? For example, at 2:33. Did she always do that? Is it the tooth implant? Just hope it's not something the drugs did to her.

#228 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:29 PM

I don´t think she does that thing becouse of her "new tooth" ahah
She always makes faces! (wiht her mouth.... (?))

#229 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:42 PM

I think she's just messing around or maybe it's a little tic she's picked up. I don't think the drugs she did will produce movement disorders. You have to get legal psych meds for that. Especially anti-psychotics.

#230 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:44 PM

Looks like I've had my you tube account blocked, got an email about LIALG video having copyright infrigement and requested that I remove video but I can't get into my account what a bummer, I had loads of videos all lost now :(

#231 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:46 PM

is her way to talk...and she is ery expresive!
like in the moment when she says something like she is her own enemy...she make some lovly gesters all the time!

#232 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:48 PM

That´s so bad!!
there is no way u can get it back?
I hate that kind of thing...U have to been noticed first! they don´t give u time to doi anything and then close your acount

#233 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:03 AM

Great article here from Ricky Wilson including info on Amy:

http://entertainment...icle3410933.ece

#234 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:40 AM

Thanks a lot for that video link. I'd given up hope that she even talked to any press that day. There's something different about this interview compared to any other interview she has done, don't you think?

Thanks for the article link as well Jayne.
"and she stuck her tongue out at me. She seems to do that a lot these days but I still felt privileged" :lol:

Looks like I've had my you tube account blocked, got an email about LIALG video having copyright infrigement and requested that I remove video but I can't get into my account what a bummer, I had loads of videos all lost now :(

I lost my account too a couple of days ago, really annoying. One account got suspended and my other one as well because i used the same e-mail address for both. All videos, favourites, messages, comments, friends,... gone. Nothing you can do about it.

Anybody else notice that her mouth occasionally pulls to the right, like it did at the Grammys? For example, at 2:33. Did she always do that? Is it the tooth implant? Just hope it's not something the drugs did to her.

She's been doing this [see pics] for a while, but i never paid much attention to it while she was talking... can't remember when she started doing it. Her mouth always pulls to the left and not right when she does it on purpose.

#235 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:09 AM

It's really annoying as I got the copyright violation email that requests you to go to your account and remove any videos that you don't have copyright to and when you do you can't get into your account as it's been suspended!!

If anyone has a you tube account take out any reference to say the brits. mobo's etc

It's annoying as Amy's official myspace page links to my videos!! but with the brits it's their organisers that have copyright and have made the complaint.

#236 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:17 PM

^Sarah, I've seen videos of her (performances) from back in the Frank days where she's already doing it so.. she's been doing it for quite some time, I doubt it's anything we should worry about.

#237 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:09 PM

Sorry if it has been posted already but...

Brit Awards interview with Amy

thanks so much for posting.
well that interview definately shows she's alright.
i'm relieved. :)

and jayne, that really sucks about your account.
i was a subscriber....:(

i even had to remove my shitty filmed off grammy performance...

#238 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 03:07 PM

It's really annoying as I got the copyright violation email that requests you to go to your account and remove any videos that you don't have copyright to and when you do you can't get into your account as it's been suspended!!

If anyone has a you tube account take out any reference to say the brits. mobo's etc

It's annoying as Amy's official myspace page links to my videos!! but with the brits it's their organisers that have copyright and have made the complaint.

First, I would like to thank you so much for all your posted videos and links over the past while...we almost take you for granted here - take that as a heartfelt compliment!

Next: see this link - this is from 2006 Novemeber 7...

http://www.cbc.ca/te...utube-time.html

"Online video-sharing pioneer YouTube has been named Time magazine's "Invention of the Year" for 2006.

The free website allows users to upload, view and share video clips, which range from online confessionals and popular comedy skits to violent clips of backyard wrestling and attacks on U.S. soldiers and insurgents in Iraq.

YouTube beat out such achievements as a vaccine that prevents a cancer-causing sexually transmitted disease and a shirt that simulates a hug.

Time said YouTube's scale and sudden popularity have changed the rules about how information — along with fame and embarrassment — gets distributed over the internet.

It said the video-sharing website came along at just the right time, just as social-networking websites became hot, camcorders got cheaper and do-it-yourself media has expanded beyond text-based blogs.

YouTube inherits the award from last year's winner Snuppy, a cloned puppy.

The website has soared since it was launched in February 2005, now showing more than 100 million video clips per day.

With its rapid ascent into everyday culture, YouTube also spawned a new class of online celebrities. Such unlikely stars include a 79-year-old pensioner from England and a female video diarist known as lonelygirl15, who later was revealed — much to the consternation of the website's faithful — as the fictional work a New Zealand actress and producers developing a film project.

The site has also featured prominently in the online political fray in the buildup to the U.S. midterm elections by showing various attack ads of both parties and pundits' videoblogs, which have garnered a massive viewership.

YouTube has also been at the centre of firestorms over content ownership and recently deleted nearly 30,000 files after a Japanese entertainment group complained of copyright infringement.

The website reached an agreement in October with CBS Corp. and three major recording companies — Warner Music Group Corp., Vivendi SA's Universal Music Group and Sony BMG Music Entertainment — to allow the website to post copyrighted music videos and other content in exchange for sharing ad revenue.

Internet search leader Google recently acquired YouTube for $1.65 billion US.
With files from the Associated Press"

read another article somewhere about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing...will try to find it...

#239 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 03:21 PM

Sorry if it has been posted already but...

Brit Awards interview with Amy

^ Aaaww thanks sooo much for posting! Amy was really funny and nice! She wasn´t drunk at all or anything. She was just herself! I love that interview! She seemed pretty relaxed!

#240 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 03:24 PM

found the article...many interesting points...see 2 bolded parts near the end...sorry, it's a long article

http://www.time.com/...s/youtube2.html

BEST INVENTION
YOUTUBE
Meet Peter. Peter is a 79-year-old English retiree. Back in WW II he served as a radar technician. He is now an international star.

One year ago, this would not have been possible, but the world has changed. In the past 12 months, thousands of ordinary people have become famous. Famous people have been embarrassed. Huge sums of money have changed hands. Lots and lots of Mentos have been dropped into Diet Coke. The rules are different now, and one website changed them: YouTube.

It's been an interesting year in technology. Nintendo invented a video game you control with a magic wand. A new kind of car traveled 3,145 miles on a single gallon of gas. A robot learned to ride a bike. Somebody came up with a nanofabric umbrella that doesn't stay wet. But only YouTube created a new way for millions of people to entertain, educate, shock, rock and grok one another on a scale we've never seen before. That's why it's Time's Invention of the Year for 2006.

But if YouTube is the Invention of the Year, who exactly invented it?

Let's be clear: we know who started it. That would be three twentysomething guys named Steve Chen, Chad Hurley and Jawed Karim. At a Silicon Valley dinner party one night in 2004 they started talking about how easy it was to share photos with your friends online but what a pain it was to do the same thing with video.

So they did something about it. They hacked together a simple routine for taking videos in any format and making them play in pretty much any Web browser on any computer. Then they built a kind of virtual video village, a website where people could post their own videos and watch and rate and comment on and search for and tag other people's videos. Voilˆ: YouTube.

But even though they built it, they didn't really understand it. They thought they'd built a useful tool for people to share their travel videos. They thought people might use it to pitch auction items on eBay. They had no idea. They had opened a portal into another dimension.

The minute people saw YouTube they did its creators a huge favor: they hijacked it. Instead of posting their home movies, they posted their stand-up routines and drunken ramblings and painful-looking snowboarding wipeouts. They uploaded their backyard science projects, their delivery-room footage and their interminable guitar solos. They sent in eyewitness footage from the aftermath in New Orleans and the war in Baghdad—from both sides. They promulgated conspiracy theories. They sat alone in their basements and poured their most intimate, embarrassing secrets into their webcams. YouTube had tapped into something that appears on no business plan: the lonely, pressurized, pent-up video subconscious of America. Having started with a single video of a trip to the zoo in April of last year, YouTube now airs 100 million videos—and its users add 70,000 more—every day.

What happened? YouTube's creators had stumbled onto the intersection of three revolutions. First, the revolution in video production made possible by cheap camcorders and easy-to-use video software. Second, the social revolution that pundits and analysts have dubbed Web 2.0. It's exemplified by sites like MySpace, Wikipedia, Flickr and Digg—hybrids that are useful Web tools but also thriving communities where people create and share information together. The more people use them, the better they work, and more people use them all the time—a kind of self-stoking mass collaboration that wouldn't have been possible without the Internet.

The third revolution is a cultural one. Consumers are impatient with the mainstream media. The idea of a top-down culture, in which talking heads spoon-feed passive spectators ideas about what's happening in the world, is over. People want unfiltered video from Iraq, Lebanon and Darfur—not from journalists who visit there but from soldiers who fight there and people who live and die there.

The videos may not be slick, but they're real—and anyway, slick is overrated. Slick is 2005. The yardstick on YouTube is authenticity. That's why celebrities like Paris Hilton and P. Diddy can compete with a cute sleepy kitty and a guy doing a robot dance—and lose. That's why Peter's crusty, good-natured reminiscences have made him the all-time second-most-subscribed-to uploader on YouTube. That's why Michael J. Fox let his Parkinson's tremors show. That's why politicians have suddenly started to act like real human beings in their campaign ads, and why some—like Senator George Allen of "Macacagate" fame—have been busted for getting a little too real.

Less than a year after its launch, YouTube has become a media giant in its own right. Last month the company moved out of its 30-person office above a pizzeria in San Mateo, Calif., and into an office building in nearby San Bruno. Oh, and on Oct. 16 Hurley and Chen sold the company to Google for $1.65 billion.

With that kind of money behind it, YouTube has to start conducting itself with a little more legal and financial gravitas. That means making money—mostly through advertising—and convincing the TV, movie and music executives who find copyrighted material on YouTube that it's a revenue opportunity and not grounds for litigation. The learning curve is still steep. "The people marketing content see it as a great new platform, but the legal side of the business doesn't know how to react," Hurley says. "We have instances where someone within the company uploaded something, and the other side's asking you to take it down."

But YouTube isn't Napster. It already has partnerships with NBC, CBS, Universal Music, Sony BMG and Warner Music. And come on—it's the one place on the Net where people willingly, knowingly click on ads, like Nike's legendary clip of sharpshooting soccer star Ronaldinho. If you can't find money on YouTube, you're in the wrong economy, buddy.

YouTube is ultimately more interesting as a community and a culture, however, than as a cash cow. It's the fulfillment of the promise that Web 1.0 made 15 years ago. The way blogs made regular folks into journalists, YouTube makes them into celebrities. The real challenge old media face isn't protecting their precious copyrighted material. It's figuring out what to do when the rest of us make something better. As Hurley puts it, "How do you stay relevant when people can entertain themselves?" He and his partners may have started YouTube, but the rest of us, in our basements and bedrooms, with our broadband and our webcams, invented it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users