488 replies to this topic

#391 MakeMyWorldGoAround

MakeMyWorldGoAround

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:47 PM

They just showed an interview on the german tv and Amy sitting on a car =)

#392 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

I thought Amy was totally fucking magnificent!

I was happy with her performance too Alan. This was recognizably the Amy that I love. I'm pleased with her progress. It could have been so much worse. And she went back to the hospital afterward, which is great news. You can point out this or that thing that were flawed or worrying, but overall, this weekend had one of the better outcomes that I could have expected given the circumstances. I'm grateful for it. I think the concerts help her, as her Dad says, so I'm not going to say she shouldn't have done them.

#393 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:01 PM

from blogcritics.org:
"Given recent events in Amy’s life there was something almost heroic about her diminutive frame tottering and dancing about the stage; belting out her songs in her wonderfully soulful, sultry, powerful voice while making it look effortless; adjusting and cracking jokes about her tiny, blue-sequinned dress; and yes, having the occasional little drink."
http://blogcritics.o...6/29/155612.php

#394 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:27 PM

Anyone hear what Amy said about Bill Cosby? Hope it was about hip-hop selling a big fake tough-guy act to emotionally retarded losers.

Nah... Amy loves hip hop.

#395 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

"Winehouse laughs off 'punch' incident"

Amy Winehouse has shrugged off her 'punchy' performance at the Glastonbury festival. The singer was 'oblivious' to the media storm after appearing to strike a fan in the front row.

'It was a pretty small incident and she was just defending herself from a d***head who tried to attack her aggressively,' said a friend.

The 24-year-old lashed out after she was booed during her volatile showing on the Pyramid stage on Saturday.

But far from mulling over her controversial display, the stormy singer said she had 'a lovely time' and celebrated 'backstage with Jack White and watched Jay-Z'.

It is believed a record number of fans saw her perform live.

One insider said: 'They were saying there were over 100,000 people watching, which is record breaking.'

Winehouse's friend added that her double weekend showing at Glasto and Nelson Mandela's Hyde Park 90th birthday on Friday were a 'sign of good things to come'.

Meanwhile, Fearne Cotton, who presented the Mandela gig revealed some of Amy's breast kept secrets.

'My producer offered her a mini bag of Haribo and she took two and stuffed them down her bra,' she wrote on her MySpace page.

'I'm not sure if she went out on stage like that but her bust certainly looked voluptuous!!'

http://www.metro.co....91&in_page_id=7

#396 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:30 PM

lol, i keep hearing about Amys boobs today . . .

i have nothing to add . . . you all know my view on this topic :)

lol

#397 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

'My producer offered her a mini bag of Haribo and she took two and stuffed them down her bra,'
Amy "Sweet Tits" Winehouse! lol

#398 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

I wonder what would happen if Sarah and I show up at her house with a huge box of Haribo's? Or at the hospital if she's still there?

#399 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:05 PM

from blogcritics.org:
"Given recent events in Amy’s life there was something almost heroic about her diminutive frame tottering and dancing about the stage; belting out her songs in her wonderfully soulful, sultry, powerful voice while making it look effortless; adjusting and cracking jokes about her tiny, blue-sequinned dress; and yes, having the occasional little drink."
http://blogcritics.o...6/29/155612.php

Great review, thanks for posting, and I agreed with every word of it. :tiphat:

#400 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

I love the band intro. I loved it last year and it's great this year too. Just sounds great. So mellow. She's got such a great band. You can feel the affection she has for them and vice versa.

Can you imagine you're playing the piano and Amy's sitting next to you, looking beautiful, saying "Bring it down! Bring it down! C'mon baby! Go on baby!"? Perfect moment. No wonder the guy is smiling.

#401 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:17 PM

Oh boy! Amy's on the local news in Boston! It's like she punched out 80,000 people! This will lessen the relentless coverage of my home town having the most fucked-up girls in America!

#402 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:39 PM

From ABC News:
"One downside to the festivities, however, was the lack of crowd control as the stage was set for Jay-Z. As thousands of fans surged away from the stage for a break, thousands more pushed through."

"For a break"? Lots of places reported the crowd thinning out for Jay-Z.
They liked Amy:

"Despite suffering from a recently diagnosed lung disease, she looked well and sang her hits, drawing tens of thousands of people. Eavis said he'd never seen such a massive crowd at the Pyramid stage before.

Following her well-received performance at Nelson Mandela's birthday bash in London the previous evening, she again got top marks."

http://abcnews.go.co...=5272573&page=1

#403 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:37 AM

I 'm so glad for the good press.. I think we're the ones who seem to be the most critical of her.. not for bad reasons. Only cause we know what she can deliver. Well, for now, at least, she seems to have somewhat flown under the radar for the most part. They would love to rip her apart, but sounds like most are giving her a break and I , for one am relieved!!!!

#404 lehauteamour

lehauteamour

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:17 AM

man... i totally forgot about amy's gig at glastonbury!
so i've been reading all of the posts and FINALLY finished. now i can comment. lol
first thing that made me remember the glastonbury event was cause i checked www.mrpaparazzi.com for any updates on winehouse, and lo-and-behold there's an article & video of her punching some dickhead LOL.

then i checked out youtube for the entire performance, and i'd have to say that i think she started out fabulous! but yeah, there was an obvious downhill on her performance later on...probably buzzed and/or something else yeah?

so about the punches...HILARIOUS. i couldn't stop watching it over and over again; someone threw like a cowboy hat at her or something and that's when she turned and elbowed the air in their direction right? and then after that, the whole "there's nothing....noTHING(punch)YOU(punch)CAN(punch)TEACH Me.." SO FUNNY! i seriously couldn't stop laughing....go amy! that dickhead deserved it, however he provoked her!

i think her little "trips" on the grass were cute, esp. the first one where she almost went A over T lol. but that's just me...

#405 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:36 AM

lol! How do BBC presenters get such gigantic pickles up their asses?
"BBC News Nicholas Owen, "Jay-Zed" & Amy Winehouse"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users