488 replies to this topic

#421 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for the review Wino - it sounds like you had a great time. I hear it's impossible to sleep at Glasto! I'd love to try it one of these years. Maybe next year if Amy's headlining. Better start saving now.....

Very happy to hear a report from someone who was actually at the event, and most importantly that you thought Amy 'done good' :)

#422 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

i'm still bloody shattered! it's not IMPOSSIBLE to sleep but it is really hard!
i got no sleep on the wednesday, had a good sleep thursday, no sleep friday or saturday, but managed a full 8 hours on sunday. slept for about 11 hours last night but still feel like shit. my eyes and head really hurt. i'm gonna have an early one tonight methinks.

#423 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:32 PM

I thought it was ADORABLE when ZALON lifted her down off the stage to get down to the crowd below and she went back to give him a kiss!!! He just smiled. I don't think he'd have gone along with it if she was too "ripped"... but then again, he might'a been the first punch of the night considerring the nasty drunk she is!!! LOL!!!!

#424 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it, honestly!!

Cupid:

#425 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:43 PM

view BBC iplayer. the whole performance is posted and it's very good quality. i've linked to it on page 28.

#426 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

thank you! do we also get the Kanye shout-out? :lol:

#427 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

yes. i believe it's all there.
only up for 4 more days though so watch it while you can.

#428 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:52 PM

OK I've read upto page 16 of this thread and feel I must comment.
Amy was fucking AMAZING!! I thought she looked brilliant. She sounded brilliant. And she made me laugh ALOT (although she talked about Blake loads I can forgive her because she was ON FORM!)
I went to Glasto and am very ashamed to say I didn't go into the crowd to watch her cos i was too hungover and tired BUT we camped in the Big Ground (opposite the Pyramid stage) so i watched it ALL on the screen from our camp. I feel very ashamed that I missed it though cos I got home yesterday and immediately watched her performance on BBC iplayer (http://www.bbc.co.uk...on_pid=b00cccxx) and realy think she did a fabulous job!! Her set was wicked! I LOVED when she went into the crowd for the last 2 songs. She really seemed to be enjoying herself. She got abit angry with the audience afew times, (when she intrroduced her band for example and they didn't seem too bothered and when she gave the crowd a "third chance" to cheer for Blake... "I don't give third chances"). She loosened up alot towards the end though, probably because she was getting more and more drunk but that's ok. I loved that she was high-fiving people in the front and holding their hands... I thought that was awesome and, to me, it showed that she does love her fans and wanted to interact with them I suppose. As for the punch... all I can say is I thought it was great!! How many people can say they've been punched by Amy Winehouse? If it were me I probably would have loved it. Ha ha!! There are 3 versions I've heard - 1) someone tried to grope her so she reacted, 2) someone pulled at her hair so obviously she thought i swift hit to the face would sort them out, 3) someone threw a hat at her and she elbowed them. Apparently she hit the wrong guy but he isn't pressing charges and seemed pretty happy Amy hit him so I don't really see a problem. We all know she's a violent drunk and even after that happened she still walked along infront of the crowd and really seemed to be enjoying herself. All in all I thought it was a brilliant performance and was definitely on form. And the interaction with the crowd, I think, was the best bit. Yes she was clearly pissed and she did look a little buzzing at the end (her pupils looked huge) but it is Glastonbury and so many of the people there were on drugs that I can forgive her this once if she was high. Brilliant! My only regret - not going into the crowd for her performance and forcing my way to the front.
Oh and apparently she asked Michael Eavis if she could headline next year. :)

I'm so glad you enjoyed it Wino, that's great. Makes me feel a little less of a crazy woman for loving it too (though on TV...)

#429 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:04 PM

Wino... did you understand exactly what she said abour Bill Cosby? She was kinda rambling there, so it was hard to make out. But the Kanye comment was Anything But!!! That was hysterical.. talk about improvising on lyrics, huh? I also thought she looked tanned and as if she had put on weight and had huge breasts but othershad ideas how she had "enhanced" her "assests". I thought she looked lovely with the funny drink umbrellas in her( too dark) hair. To quote Amy though, "I miss your ginger hair". What happenned to her ginger streak in front?

#430 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

I heard she had haribo sweets stashed down her boobs!

#431 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:11 PM

Here you go found it:

AMY Winehouse found a strange use for a bag of sweets she was given before going on stage to sing at Nelson Mandela’s 90th birthday concert.

According to bubbly TV presenter Fearne Cotton, who hosted the event for ITV, the Rehab singer saw cleavage-enhancing qualities in Haribo gums.

“My producer offered her a mini bag of Haribo and she took two and stuffed them down her bra!” Fearne, 26, writes on her MySpace blog.

“I’m not sure if she went out on stage like that but her bust certainly looked voluptuous.”

And it wasn’t just Amy who surprised Radio 1 DJ Fearne, who reports: “I was also very pleased to get 10 minutes with the Prime Minister.

After the interview, he said he thought I should be presenting all those political [Radio 4] Today shows to make it a bit more human.”

VIDEO: WATCH AMY 'PUNCH' A FAN AT GLASTONBURY

The troubled singer attracted further attention for her odd behaviour later at the weekend when she allegedly punched a fan at Glastonbury during her set.

Amy was spotted making her way through the festival crowd mid-way through hit Rehab and then appeared to elbow a member of the audience.

Minders quickly ushered the star back on the stage - who was reported to have been angered by a festival-goer commenting on her beloved Blake-incacerated.

Police confirmed today that despite numerous reports that Wino lashed out at a fan, she will not face any further investigation.

http://ok.co.uk/cele...-her-bra-with-/

#432 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:16 PM

I love the way the police describe "numerous reports" when it was broadcast live!

#433 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:50 PM

I love the way the police describe "numerous reports" when it was broadcast live!

This just in... " a tiny bedazzled behived woman with a microphone singing REHAB has just begun a one woman assult on the crowd at Glastonbury".. police are on a manhunt for the assailant."

#434 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

Dunno if it's been posted:

http://www.nme.com/n...winehouse/37714

she's a damn trip!

#435 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:15 PM

The only thing I didn't like was when Amy slagged off Kanye. I'm not really a fan of his, but I think dissing other artists is just stupid. Just my opinion...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users