488 replies to this topic

#436 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:30 PM

i think that too but kanye's an exception. he really is an idiot and anyway, it's been a while since the last time i heard amy saying something bad about another artist.. i think.
still i'm a bit suprised she said that because i remember he said something nice in the grammys. Something like if i don't get up here mark ronson and amy winehouse deserve it as much as i do.. and for a guy with an ego the size of amy's hair in a bad beehive day, that's a lot

#437 Dani624

Dani624

Fever 103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

Wow I missed a lot in the past few days. I'm glad Amy performed well. I haven't looked at all the video footage. I'm at work and people keep being nosy.

#438 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:25 PM

I'm glad you had a great time Clare.

#439 holly89

holly89

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:58 PM

Wooow Glastonbury! I was there, only just got back yesterday and ever since ive been shocked by the way the press has reacted to Amys perfromance!

From were I was standing Amy killed it, the crowed loved it! I mean obviously it wasnt the best ive ever heard Amy but it sounded cool! No missing lyrics, I mean a few changes (like mentioning Blake etc) but you could hear what she was saying and it sounded solefull mostly. Sometimes when she was talking it was a bit mumbly but proberly just down to the way she was talking into the mic.

I liked the way she bounced with the crowed and from what I could tell they loved her, (I no I did) I was ony my friends shoulders and could see everything!

I no she elbowed that chap but as Micheal Evais, Mark Ronson and some random chap camping next to me said good on her anyone would have done the same if they had been grabbed like that!

#440 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:52 PM

Glad to hear you had a good time Holly! There's nothing like getting a first hand report from someone who was actually there.

#441 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

reading your reports from there Wino and holly im glad you had a good time
and im also biting at bit to go next year
my friends really aren't the lets go and have a mooch in mud with some ale and listen to some music kinda folk
so i think if possible - glasto '09 should be the AWF's year we can make tshirts and everything lol
ok maybe thats not necessary but it would be a "billboard time"

#442 curehead

curehead

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

thought her performance was pretty much shit, probably because i keep hoping i'll hear a performance the way she used to do it in the frank era and the beginning of back to black phase, but "cunt like kanye" and her jokes made it for me

i say it was shit 'cause i got back from seeing erykah badu at brixton last night...QUALITY

#443 brando

brando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

http://www.dailymail...-apologise.html

like she'd say.. oh do fuck off

I still think she was great and if the people that actually were there think so too then..

#444 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:38 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1030961/The-Maddie-detectives-apologise.html

like she'd say.. oh do fuck off

I still think she was great and if the people that actually were there think so too then..

I think this is the biggest difference between the official forum and this forum - discussed a bit on another thread - forgot which one, sorry :blush:

Here, Brando has posted an item about Amy, because it is an article of news or commentary, even tho' she does not agree with it...

And most of us appreciate seeing the posting, whether we agree with it or not; it tells us what's "out there" in print-land. So thanks Brando.

#445 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:50 AM

thought her performance was pretty much shit, probably because i keep hoping i'll hear a performance the way she used to do it in the frank era and the beginning of back to black phase, but "c*** like kanye" and her jokes made it for me

i say it was shit 'cause i got back from seeing erykah badu at brixton last night...QUALITY

Strangely, I can't stop listening to the concert, even tho' I agree that it was a pretty awful performance.

I do love hearing her band tho' and esp. the band solos in the intoductions and Zalon's and Ade's solos also.

I enjoyed most of the banter, and of course the crowd cheering. It's easier to listen to without watching, I found.

I don't like it when she sings with her more nasal (little girl?) voice, as she also does on some of her album songs. And, that's the voice she had for most of this concert.

And, of course, she mumbled alot.That's never fun.

I also love to hear her new renditions of the songs.

All said, I still can't tear myself away from listening to it over and over.

#446 brando

brando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:20 AM

:)
i think that's the point.. to see the good, the bad and the ugly of all this drama. I can get very optimistic and i usually don't believe 90% of everything that's written, but you have to be realistic, specially with a roller coaster like winehouse. I guess that's what the other forum lacks

#447 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:43 AM

:)
i think that's the point.. to see the good, the bad and the ugly of all this drama. I can get very optimistic and i usually don't believe 90% of everything that's written, but you have to be realistic, specially with a roller coaster like winehouse. I guess that's what the other forum lacks

Yeah.You're right, of course. I should have said "whether we agree with it or not, and whether we believe it or not"

#448 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:46 AM

I am missing the QUALITY that Wine-O can deliver. I am gagging for a great performance. I watch the sneak and watch LIALG from the Mercury Award the last time I remember she was fully lucid. I feel so guilty because she has become an attraction; just going from bad to worse. And I can't keep viewing her performances now and try to judge how good her performances are now by how clear headed she seemed this time and for how long, that's just too painful.

#449 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:45 AM

thought her performance was pretty much shit

ha ha! you never beat around the bush, eh curehead. ;)

#450 kacas

kacas

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

well I was front row of this gig! and can confirm throughout the gig, (the bbc cut alot of her talking) she was charming and funny, she came on 5 minutes EARLY!, and was begging to stay on and sing more songs! The guy she hit went for her breast, I saw it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users