256 replies to this topic

#241 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:10 AM

Way to go Brando!!! That's too funny.. bet they can't wait till you throw the Blakey's release party, huh? Well, get your hungover ass to bed.. you'll feel better in the morning I hope.. sleep well. Your body willthank you in the morning. Glad you lit the candle.. Oh, Remi Nicole accepted me as a friend on facebook.. so did Zalon.. spoke just a bit w/ him last night, but Gretski had quite a few more words with him.. nice!!! Sweet dreams girl!!

yeah i had a chat with zalon, remi accepted me aswell
Zalons lovely tho, i wish he would whisk amy away somewhere hah
"Your wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end. Your wondering how, you will pay, for the way you misbehaved."

#242 Addicted to Amy

Addicted to Amy

Happy Birthday Amy ..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

I'm sorry,but whats wrong with the name "Wino" ??

:D I'm so in love with Amy && her hair. :D

Posted Image

#243 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:57 PM

i always thought a wino was something you call someone when you say they are a alcoholic or a drinker that is lazy,
i dono, so when people called amy wino, i always thought it was a bit mean even though her last name is winehouse, lol
maybe thats just where i'm from

I remember when I first joined this forum and saw the name Wino I did think it was strange, because for me it did have the connotation that you mention above and it didn't seem Amy-friendly to me at the time. It did seem to mock her.

In time, of course, you just get used a name, and forget about its connotation.

I'm all for you changing it, Clare, if that's what you want to do.

Can't think of anything tho' atm. Need our creative peeps here.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#244 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

I love Wino, Clare. Doesn't or didn't Johnny Depp have a Wino tat on his arm? Speaking of Depp, Amy has on a Depp t shirt in the thread about her hair color, so she probably knows he has a wino tattoo. Doesn't offend me in the least.

#245 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

Wino forever, used to be Winona:
http://tatoos-tattos.../depp-tatto.jpg

I remember when I first joined this forum and saw the name Wino I did think it was strange, because for me it did have the connotation that you mention above and it didn't seem Amy-friendly to me at the time. It did seem to mock her.

In time, of course, you just get used a name, and forget about its connotation.

Yeah I had that as well to be honest. Not that I thought you were being mean, but it felt a bit strange. Then I just got used to it and even when they call Amy Wino somewhere else now, I don't find it offensive anymore because I got used to you having Wino as your name.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#246 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:06 PM

i didnt know 'wino' was offensive... otherwise i wouldnt have picked it as my username. haha!
maybe i should change my name... but what to?

I'm going to be the offensive bitch, if Amy can call Kanye West a 'c*nt' in front of thousands (and on national TV), she can suck it up and be called, "Wino".

Keep it real, keep it the same, Wino. Fo. Sho.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#247 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

I'm going to be the offensive bitch, if Amy can call Kanye West a 'c*nt' in front of thousands (and on national TV), she can suck it up and be called, "Wino".

well said! i second that!
"Your wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end. Your wondering how, you will pay, for the way you misbehaved."

#248 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:10 PM

yeah amy needs a taste of her own medicene,
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#249 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:03 PM

I think she just might think it's a reference to what the Paps call her which they NEVER mean in a flattering way. It is the most degaratory term they can come up regarding her name. Might be hurtful to her, even though she acts like a girl who doesn't give a crap, we all know that's not true. In all actuality, the real Amy is a very sensitive person. But Clare, you have a right to use any name you chose.
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#250 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:11 AM

Au contraire, I think I'm going to be the offensive bithch.

I don't think Amy ever pretended to be a fan of of Kanye's. But this site is supposedly for fans of Amy. She gets enough glibness from people who aren't her fans.

Which doesn't mean that I think it should be changed, if Wino doesn't want to change it. If Wino does want to change it, then I'm all for it. That's all. It's all coal,... seriously.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#251 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:07 PM

anyone know if amy received jayne's card?

"i'm a musician, fuck the rest"

1983 - 2011

#252 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:39 PM

Au contraire, I think I'm going to be the offensive bithch.

I don't think Amy ever pretended to be a fan of of Kanye's. But this site is supposedly for fans of Amy. She gets enough glibness from people who aren't her fans.

Which doesn't mean that I think it should be changed, if Wino doesn't want to change it. If Wino does want to change it, then I'm all for it. That's all. It's all coal,... seriously.

If Chai Wallahs (Wino), has a problem with my post, that's for her to decide. I'm a fan of Winehouse's music, not the person. That being said, I am also, a fan of many other artists, like Kanye West, Whitney Houston, and her dreaded nemesis, Natalie Cole. All I was saying, was that if Winehouse could single out another celebrity and slam them, she shouldn't be so offended when someone takes offense of her actions. Didn't say she was a fan of West, don't even know nor care about what transpired that obviously pissed her off. Not our fight.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#253 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:03 PM

anyone know if amy received jayne's card?

Yes she did.

EDIT: Jayne mentioned that when she tracked the card, it said that it got delivered on Saturday.

Edited by sarahbol, 21 September 2008 - 08:41 PM.

And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#254 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:13 PM

what did she say to you then? share share!!

"i'm a musician, fuck the rest"

1983 - 2011

#255 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:08 PM

yeah what she say?
what happened?
Loved Amy since July 2007.