Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • alinezg1 likes this
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#11222 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

I always thought this dress and bra combo was an unfortunate choice of Amy's...I can see where she's trying to go with that, but that bra doesn't fit her and is a strange cut, and that dress doesn't show her to her best advantage... and yet she's so beautiful.

Haha she had a bunch of unfortunate choices but she's stunning ;) for how old she was. She was always more mature looking but still had this childlike thing about her (prob. her smile!) and I think that color on her is fantastic!

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

I have a crazy girl crush on Amy :lovestruck:

LOL.. and I'm not helping, am I?!

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I made this GIF. 'Cause her moves at AOL - Winter Warmer are so cute, I love how she danced.

http://gifsoup.com/v...7077/amyw-o.gif

She was amazing ;) So much personality!

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

http://cs10880.usera...o2390U_BvzA.jpg

http://cs305415.user...sONqJ1SXU_A.jpg

Oh no... baby pics... I want an Amy baby :( Cutest little chubber ever!

Thanks for that 2nd one without watermarks... you could tell by her eyes that she felt deeper than most... in my opinion anyway! I love her little snaggle ;)
  • alinezg1 likes this

#11223 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

Yeah, girls, you're right - she never had any cellulite, unwanted hair or roots, even during her worst times and some stupid paparazzis dared to say that she was "trashy".:whut?!:
  • alinezg1 likes this
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#11224 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Yeah, girls, you're right - she never had any cellulite, unwanted hair or roots, even during her worst times and some stupid paparazzis said she was "trashy".:whut?!:

I can find you some "unwanted" hair, actually, but to be honest f*ck that! It's hard enough being a woman. Those pics of her at the park (festival?) when she was young... her legs look fantastic, I think!
She was a classy woman in the sense that her intention was never to look skanky. I didn't always agree with her fashion, but she maintained herself quite well. She had a little hip-hop attitude in her style but I found that charming about her.
  • alinezg1 likes this

#11225 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

You know, considering what state her body was in (horrible hangover/come-downs, starved), she always looked amazing. I mean you hardly see pictures of her with bags under her eyes...I know makeup and lighting helps, but I'm talking about pap photos, she always made an effort: hair is up, makeup is on, legs and armpits seems shaved.

And I've always been amazed at how thinck her hair was, despite the ravages her body was going through (anorexia, drug abuse, alcoholism, etc...). Normally when you're body is in a bad state, your hair often starts to thin. I know she wore wigs/hair pieces, but I'm talking about the front hair (fringe), it was all hers, and you never saw her scalp...I wish my hair was like that, it started getting thinner after many years of abuse :sorrow:
  • alinezg1 likes this

#11226 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

Bags/darkness are mostly genetic, I think, lol, but you would think she would develop some for sure with all that she put her body through. Sometimes I wonder if she got everything waxed? I can't imagine being in the state she was in half the time and still shaving or maintaining my femininity...haha. I've noticed a lot of people with really curly hair, when they straighten it, it's quite thin so it could be an illusion. But honestly, I hated that curly fringe... lol. She looked so funny with the otherwise straight hair. But she did have that episode of a bald spot... I can't remember what that was about.
I would take thin hair for a better face... so don't worry about thinner hair... it happens to everyone with age anyway and it might even be tougher for people who start out thick!
I personally love her hair in the "in my bed" video... just gorgeous.

You're right though.. her fringe was pretty remarkable ;)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4980[/ATTACH]

Edited by allisost, 13 June 2012 - 05:33 PM.

• alinezg1 likes this

#11227 MRHI

MRHI

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hi dudes!! my new single! :D I´m so happy!

Posted Image
  • alinezg1 likes this

My Amy Winehouse collection! http://www.flickr.co...94842@N07/sets/

#11228 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

You know, considering what state her body was in (horrible hangover/come-downs, starved), she always looked amazing. I mean you hardly see pictures of her with bags under her eyes...I know makeup and lighting helps, but I'm talking about pap photos, she always made an effort: hair is up, makeup is on, legs and armpits seems shaved.

Omg this. I always found it pretty fascinating that even in her worst days, nevermind the smeared eyeliner all over her face, beehive being a mess, dirty clothes... she was never hairy. It is really odd because she seemed to have thick, dark body hair naturally - you can see by the sideburns she kept and even the tiny 'moustache' every woman has, in her closeups... And anorexia makes you grow more body hair, I think? But she always kept it under control. Weird what things we notice sometimes! :D
  • alinezg1 likes this

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#11229 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

Omg this. I always found it pretty fascinating that even in her worst days, nevermind the smeared eyeliner all over her face, beehive being a mess, dirty clothes... she was never hairy. It is really odd because she seemed to have thick, dark body hair naturally - you can see by the sideburns she kept and even the tiny 'moustache' every woman has, in her closeups... And anorexia makes you grow more body hair, I think? But she always kept it under control. Weird what things we notice sometimes! :D

Aw it makes me sad talking about her body hair lol Love her so much and everyone has shit to deal with like that. It just made her more real for me whenever I saw close-ups. She probably bleached her sideburns/facial hair a lot because it wasn't usually noticeable. Probably if you look at her arms that's where the extra hair growth would be... but I never noticed.
It's funny, I think women are some of the harshest critics and we all have issues but maybe that's why we notice stuff more (guess we're detail oriented too)... men are so lucky ha
I was always fascinated by her armpits to be honest... hahah
  • alinezg1 likes this

#11230 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

Hahaha, I thought about this, too! Same goes with her legs and also cellulite. But I guess you're right - as a girl you pay attention to those things.
  • alinezg1 likes this
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#11231 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:25 AM

It's funny, I think women are some of the harshest critics and we all have issues but maybe that's why we notice stuff more (guess we're detail oriented too)... men are so lucky ha

It's true. Even she herself said "Men talk to each other like girls talk to each other but girls have an eye for detail" :D It's just really interesting how much she cared about her appearance even when she gave into the drugs and seemed to stop caring for anything. And we've all been seeing her pictures for such a long time so it's not odd we start to notice even the littlest details.
  • alinezg1 likes this

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#11232 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

It's true. Even she herself said "Men talk to each other like girls talk to each other but girls have an eye for detail" :D It's just really interesting how much she cared about her appearance even when she gave into the drugs and seemed to stop caring for anything. And we've all been seeing her pictures for such a long time so it's not odd we start to notice even the littlest details.

Yeah I mean in a normal state, I don't care that much about my appearance haha. She also had fantastic eyebrows... this girl had it all. so lucky.

Attached File  Amy_16_640.jpg   38.47KB   21 downloads

This pic is funny... it couldn't be more obvious how beautiful she is haha
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4989[/ATTACH]

lumpy armpit?
http://jezebel.com/2...nehouses-armpit

I like this color on her... eye make-up overload though... she made her eyes so small lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4990[/ATTACH]

i've never seen this specific pic... too bad it's tiny.
Attached File  amy-winehouse-200-041811_200x266.jpg   13.18KB   19 downloads

our little crazy cutie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4992[/ATTACH]

Edited by allisost, 14 June 2012 - 12:31 PM.

• alinezg1 likes this

#11233 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

And anorexia makes you grow more body hair, I think? But she always kept it under control. Weird what things we notice sometimes! :D

Yes, it's called lanugo, Amy had it.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

It's just weird that she always looked so great because after a bender I look terrible, even after a couple of days.

Well she did have that crazy skin condition (impago I think it's called?).

What I meant about her thick hair being surprising is that she never lost it despite all the abuse her body took. Thinning hair in women is not age related, it's actually a sign of liver overcharge which can no longer deal with filtering out toxins from the body, so people who abuse drugs and/or alcohol (toxins) ofteh have poor liver function and it shows in their hair.
I used to have thick hair like Amy, but after years of abusing my liver it's gotten really thin.
The reason why older women get thinner hair is because of the hormone overload related to menopause (as the liver also recycles hormones, it's a very busy organ!).

Well that's it for my daily lesson of the liver, enjoy :-)
  • alinezg1 likes this

#11234 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

Speaking of livers... amy said the only thing she'd miss about the present is her liver...

Yeah, her poor skin.... she must have felt horrible about it. It's too sad seeing a beautiful woman like that become so damaged. I'm sure she had some help with keeping up her appearance with having those paparazzi outside her door... I can't imagine. I think we all agree she looked pretty damn good... if I had a camera in my face like that it would be a whole lot uglier.

Well nothing is directly caused by age... but there are conditions that become more common with age because of how your body functions (like you said). Hormone imbalances always cause hair issues (loss where you want it and growth where you don't) but I feel like everyone is imbalanced because everyone has a hair issue. I wish it wasn't an issue and we could just be hairy wherever it may be ha
  • alinezg1 likes this

#11235 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

I really love this pic and wish I could find a better version of it...
Attached File  562181_3435819302830_1833577540_n.jpg   11.3KB   22 downloads

this one too... looks cropped?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4994[/ATTACH]

this is already on here but love it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4995[/ATTACH]

Edited by allisost, 14 June 2012 - 04:24 PM.

• alinezg1 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hi everyone, hugs, kisses, lovely, page 351 # 3510+11, pics

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)