#11866 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

Amy was just meant to be forever young :(

Hauntingly true I think, the thing about Amy was she was so successful because she sang honestly about her pain, it seems like for that to happen, Amy could never be happy and I think had she had children and start a happy family, she would have no pain to write about. Maybe it boiled down to the fact Amy could either be happy or keep producing her music, she wanted both and it was too much

at his side and drunk on pride
we wait for the blow

#11867 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hauntingly true I think, the thing about Amy was she was so successful because she sang honestly about her pain, it seems like for that to happen, Amy could never be happy and I think had she had children and start a happy family, she would have no pain to write about. Maybe it boiled down to the fact Amy could either be happy or keep producing her music, she wanted both and it was too much

I think having a family would have been more important to her than music. Sometimes I think she did the music because it was an opportunity rather than it being something she really needed to do at that time (so young). Maybe she would have done more collaborations and covers after she got her 3rd album out. It's true, when you're struggling with something and you're a writer, that's when all of the brilliance comes out, but as a creative type with her mood changes it could have been possible for her to get inspiration even while having a family. People carry their pain with them throughout their life, they just learn to cope with it, but maybe she could have turned her lyrics into positive/inspirational... that would have been great to see. I think that's what hurts me the most about her... I think having a "normal" life would have been best for her and to have such a beautiful person as she was never find the content/peace really makes me sad.

#11868 zAMYz

zAMYz

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

Posted Image
AMYS FRIDGE

#11869 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9...119006_700b.jpg
AMYS FRIDGE

That's a joke, right?!

P.S. I want a blue one

#11870 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

That's a joke, right?!

P.S. I want a blue one

I'm guessing so - see the '9gag' watermark, i think it's a site for sharing funny/stupid, etc. jokes and pictures
you never know though.. Amy did have a lot of ice lollies and sweets to help stop overheating when she used heroin

we wait for the blow

#11871 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

Amy did have a lot of ice lollies and sweets to help stop overheating when she used heroin

overheating? I've never heard that, but then again, I don't know anything. I always thought it was because sugar activates that pleasure part of the brain so drug addicts become sugar addicts?

Edited by allisost, 21 August 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#11872 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

overheating? I've never heard that, but then again, I don't know anything. I always thought it was because sugar activates that pleasure part of the brain so drug addicts become sugar addicts?

I'm almost sure I read that heroin usage makes the user hot or feel hot, that's why Amy went around wearing those mesh tops with shorts (even in winter) while sucking on things like those ice pops, have you seen the picture of her walking in London in 2008 I think, wearing very little despite it snowing?

Although heroin addicts do usually seem to crave sugar in all forms too, I'm not sure why, maybe for the reason you suggested

we wait for the blow

#11873 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

overheating?

Smoking heroin (I don't know about injection) creates a burning sensation in the throat. This is a powerful drug and throat of those who smoke it, become irritated. Regarding sweets, I don't know if eat it really have an effect on the level of dopamine in the brain, but I know sour candies increases the effect of drugs such as speed, extasy and cocaine.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#11874 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

I'm almost sure I read that heroin usage makes the user hot or feel hot, that's why Amy went around wearing those mesh tops with shorts (even in winter) while sucking on things like those ice pops, have you seen the picture of her walking in London in 2008 I think, wearing very little despite it snowing?

Oh ok, that makes sense. I just thought she didn't like clothes ;) I probably have seen a pic of her in winter like that, I just can't remember now. Drugs really do make you crazy! But Amy was quirky to begin with so a lot of it I just attributed to being her.

Smoking heroin (I don't know about injection) creates a burning sensation in the throat. This is a powerful drug and throat of those who smoke it, become irritated. Regarding sweets, I don't know if eat it really have an effect on the level of dopamine in the brain, but I know sour candies increases the effect of drugs such as speed, extasy and cocaine.

I think sugar is associated with recovering addicts, which she wasn't at the times we're talking about... but drugs have to affect your glucose levels which might change your cravings?

Also, I know I eat sugar because it really does make me *feel* better.

Anyway, as this is a pic thread...

at least they made her popular with the kids.. an odd paradox if you think about it
Attached File  FILE+Amy+Winehouse+Dies+At+27+toI_SSS1BwEl.jpg   96.21KB   28 downloads

I can't tell how cute she is here because the pic isn't very big :(
Attached File  08712_202806_amywinehouseoxeg08papho.jpg   41.98KB   32 downloads

Edited by allisost, 21 August 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#11875 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

I think sugar is associated with recovering addicts, which she wasn't at the times we're talking about... but drugs have to affect your glucose levels which might change your cravings?

Also, I know I eat sugar because it really does make me *feel* better.

In fact, heroin (I guess that also applies to other drugs) causes a significant lack of sugar in the blood. It may therefore be partially offset by the treats. I read Amy ate frozen sweets to alleviate the burning in her throat because I know that heroin significantly affect this section of the body.

About sugar, you must be right. I don't know all the effects of sugar (and I didn't even know that recovering drug addicts needed it), but there is no doubt that it creates energy. (A child should not eat sugar at night, or he will not sleep) So is the sugar made ​​Amy more energetic? Does it increase the effect of drugs she took? It's possible.

Posted Image

#11876 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

I read Amy ate frozen sweets to alleviate the burning in her throat because I know that heroin significantly affect this section of the body.

This just shows what a true psychological illness it is... there are so many cons to it but people keep using. Usually if a behavior has more cons than pros, you decrease the behavior, but not in this case. She really put herself through so much... I really can't imagine being that self-destructive.

#11877 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

I really can't imagine being that self-destructive.

I am. Well, I was. (I take my life back, slowly) What you write is true. Abusing drugs is like becoming another person. You do things you never thought you could do. First, someone dependent lives only for his drugs. How to find the next dose? Where to find it? What to do for money? And once you have found, it's the same questions again and again.

Then comes what we can call ''the game''. How to hide your condition? How to hide drugs? You become more skilled over time. At first, you hide your substances under your pillow but once people discovered the place you hide drugs in remote or in a flashlight etc.. As Amy who has already hidden the cocaine in the hose from her bath to prevent Mitch discovers the truth.

After, the physical. Throat burns after smoking heroin ? Mister Freeze. You have cracks on your face due to crystal meth ?Makeup ! And so on. All this to explain that, as you said, taking drugs is learning to manipulate anyone around and especially yourself. Once you're hooked, you're not the person of the past and the first reflex when the physical effects appear, is not to change behavior but to change reality and find any trick to hide negative effects of the drug.

It's a disease so powerful and it takes up so much space in your mind. It controls everything. Everything. So you end up by let it destroy you and even help it grow. It's an illusion that Amy and all addicts have in common. Why stop if there will always be something to hide the truth, you know ?

Sorry for my English. Enough blabla...it's time for pictures. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11878 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

Haha [MENTION=2838]Winehouse8327[/MENTION] very well explained... how is it you can't speak english ;) yet you describe everything better than I can?
Oh yeah pics... I don't have any right now. I'm now very depressed about this lady:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5509[/ATTACH]

#11879 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

[MENTION=2636]allisost[/MENTION] : Haha. Maybe because I lived what I explained. Let's talk about sports and you will see how my English is bad! :P

Posted Image

#11880 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9...119006_700b.jpg
AMYS FRIDGE

:) It's a joke but not that nonsense. Mitch said in his interview: "The worst bit was emptying her sweets drawer. She loved boiled sweets, and there was still a drawer full of them. She could have entered the Olympics for sweet-eating. It broke my heart."

Btw what's that: boiled sweets?

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

I think having a family would have been more important to her than music. Sometimes I think she did the music because it was an opportunity rather than it being something she really needed to do at that time (so young). Maybe she would have done more collaborations and covers after she got her 3rd album out. It's true, when you're struggling with something and you're a writer, that's when all of the brilliance comes out, but as a creative type with her mood changes it could have been possible for her to get inspiration even while having a family. People carry their pain with them throughout their life, they just learn to cope with it, but maybe she could have turned her lyrics into positive/inspirational... that would have been great to see. I think that's what hurts me the most about her... I think having a "normal" life would have been best for her and to have such a beautiful person as she was never find the content/peace really makes me sad.

Well, I see that we all see the lost possibility of having a family and raising kids for Amy as all roses (like "and they lived happily ever after"). It's not like that or rather it's not always like that. Family life can be difficult, annoying, horrible, boring, sad and beautiful as well, I'm sure you know...
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hi everyone, hugs, kisses, lovely, page 351 # 3510+11, pics

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), Bing (1)