91 replies to this topic

#76 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:36 PM

What a bunch of low-lifes...I hope Amy will stay away from them, with or without Blake.

#77 foreveramy

foreveramy

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

Blakes in deep sh**. I also read he offered to pay money to have doherty twatted? As much as the guy deserves it i dont think the law will look to kindly on this sort of aggravation what with all the crime happening. blake will be cooling his heels for some time at her majestys pleasure.

#78 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:01 PM

Jury has retired to consider it's verdict!

A jury has retired to consider its verdict over whether an ex-pub landlord accepted a £200,000 bribe to save Amy Winehouse's husband from jail for assault.

As the victim, James King, 36, was to be the star witness in the grievous bodily harm trial of Blake Fielder-Civil (Winehouse's husband) and Michael Brown.

The pair had launched a brutal attack, raining kicks and blows on King outside the east London pub that he ran in June 2006.

But despite suffering serious injuries, including a fractured cheekbone, King had agreed to a huge pay off to withdraw his evidence and flee the country during the trial so the pair would be cleared, London's Snaresbrook Crown Court has heard.

Unknown to King, middlemen Anthony Kelly and James Kennedy had gone to the Daily Mirror making the same claim.

They made secret recordings of meetings for the newspaper, which later went to the police.

King, who claims he was bullied into withdrawing his statement in the GBH case in November 2007, denies conspiring to pervert the course of justice.

Fielder-Civil, 26, of Camden, north London, has already pleaded guilty to inflicting grievous bodily harm and perverting the course of justice.

Brown, of Carshalton, Surrey, has admitted the same offences. Kelly, 25, of Chalk Farm, north London, and Kennedy, 19, of Hatfield, Hertfordshire, have both pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice around November.

They are to be sentenced at a later date.

http://www.thelondon...ix=BreakingNews

#79 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

for us ignorants..what does that mean??

#80 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

hopefully they will all be" sent up the river" as the expression goes and we'll all be done having to hear about these amateur hoodlum low lifes for some time to come!!!

#81 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

The jury go away after listening to all the evidence and have to agree on either guilty or not guilty I think it's then upto the judge if guilty to pass sentence.

#82 brando

brando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:17 PM

right.. thanks

#83 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:22 PM

I hate jury trials. The movie 12 Angry Men pops into my head.

#84 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

12 Angry Men was awesome.

#85 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:06 AM

Winehouse Hubby: Ex-Publican Cleared

We await news on Blake but:

Former publican James King has been found not guilty of perverting the course of justice by accepting a £200,000 bribe to save Amy Winehouse's husband from jail.

Fielder-Civil with WinehouseA jury at London's Snaresbrook Crown Court took three hours to unanimously clear King, 36, of the charge.

King had been left with serious injuries, including a broken cheekbone, after a brutal beating by Winehouse's husband Blake Fielder-Civil, 26, and his friend Michael Brown, 25.

They were charged with grievous bodily harm after the beating at the Macbeth pub in Hoxton, east London, in June 2006.

King has always maintained that he was bullied into withdrawing his statement against the pair last November.

He told the jury that he had been intimidated by another man, Anthony Kelly, who told him he had "no option" but to withdraw his evidence so Fielder-Civil and Brown would be let off.

Kelly told him that he was part of a firm of gangsters who wanted the charges to go away, the court heard.

It had also been claimed that Winehouse's money was used to bankroll the £200,000 plot to hush up the star witness.

But there was no evidence to suggest that the singer was involved
http://news.sky.com/...1320029,00.html

#86 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

Interesting, thanks Jayne.

#87 brando

brando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:28 PM

thanks
that doesn't sound good. I don't know if it changes anything but it doesn't seem a good thing

#88 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

I wonder whether King was found not guilty on a technicality or that they thought he was intimadated, if they though that he won't look good.

#89 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

he sustained serious injury so there may be a sympathy element that went into play. I'm expecting Blake and his cronies to get hit with serious time. I'll be surprised if they don't.

#90 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:53 AM

http://music.msn.com...320382&GT1=7702

LONDON (AP) -- A British court on Wednesday acquitted a former pub manager of taking a bribe to drop assault charges against Amy Winehouse's husband.

A jury deliberated for three hours before finding James King not guilty of trying to pervert the course of justice (the equivalent of obstruction of justice in the U.S.).

The singer-songwriter's husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, has admitted beating up King in a barroom fight in 2006 and then offering him $400,000 to keep quiet about it.

King, who suffered a broken cheekbone, said he was intimidated into withdrawing the assault claim.

Three other men also pleaded guilty to involvement in the plot. They and Fielder-Civil all face jail terms when they are sentenced next month.

Winehouse, 24, and Fielder-Civil, 26, were married in Miami in May 2007. He was arrested in November and has been in jail ever since.

She has become an international star since releasing the Grammy-winning album "Back to Black" in 2006. But her music has been overshadowed by reports of drug use, her run-ins with the law and tempestuous relationship with Fielder-Civil.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users