120 replies to this topic

#31 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

(ps. was i the only one that cried reading that??????????)

I did too. I don't know what to say.

#32 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:15 PM

all we can do is love her&& keep hoping for better

wish strength for the family

exactly.

#33 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

"three to four cannabis cigarettes a day were associated with the same amount of damage to the lungs as 20 or more tobacco cigarettes a day" .

I highly doubt that. Smoking is bad period in fact breathing in a city is bad but thc cannot be as poisonous as manufactured tobacco that has pesticides and formaldhyde and god knows what else.

I do not doubt it. When people smoke cigarettes they just inhale and exhale. When people smoke cannabis, they usually try to inhale and hold the smoke in as long as possible without exhaling. The fine particles are still there, so there is much more residue in the lungs.

#34 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:08 PM

emphysema killed my auntie, well not auntie but a family friend
they were diagnosed with it, they did not smoke but 3 months later, they had died
very sad, all i hope is amy finally realizes and changes her life for the better
if not, her future will have an expiration date

#35 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:25 PM

It's scary when you think what she has put her body through, uppers/downers and god knows what else no wonder she has a heart complaint and when you look at her she's like a doll such a tiny frame to have that much crap passed through her system, I just hope she realises this and makes some life saving changes.

#36 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:41 PM

Oh :( this is so sad.. she's so young!! i have nothing to add really.. :boohoo:

When I was in London last fall, at the end of the day when I would wipe my nose with a kleenex, I noticed black smudges on the kleenex. Didn't know what was going on at first, never happened to me before. But it kept happening each day. I finally realized it must be pollution in the air--car and bus exhaust, etc. Does that make any sense? How bad is air pollution in London?

Yeah, you're right Dave.. the same thing happens on Mexico City (my dad told me that, and some other people too), its a reeeally contaminated city so i guess in London its kind of the same..

#37 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

When I was in London last fall, at the end of the day when I would wipe my nose with a kleenex, I noticed black smudges on the kleenex. Didn't know what was going on at first, never happened to me before. But it kept happening each day. I finally realized it must be pollution in the air--car and bus exhaust, etc. Does that make any sense? How bad is air pollution in London?

Yeah city air is gross, I find my breating changes when I'm in NY and I have to use my pump more.

#38 good*freakin*times

good*freakin*times

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:38 PM

I don't know how much of this is true, but I hope Amy can beat whatever is taking her down and fend it off permanently by quitting drugs. Get well soon Amy.

#39 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

just reading on another amy site
someone reported a psychic said after a near death experience amy would get her self together for good
and they think that this is that experience

#40 Ericson

Ericson

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:12 AM

My aunt has been lying in bed breathing from an oxygen eh thing, for some time- years I think. As you could imagine-thats no life. If Amy is so bored now in hospital that she wants to go back to the life she lived, I don´t say it is, but if. She´s not only stupid but for sure she will suffer from boredom.

Anyway, my aunt got herself a new lung this spring and now she could stay up and be almoust normal.
Her dad, my grandfather died from a workrelated lungdisease. I think it´s the worst disease you could have- not be able to breath 24/7. It´s like I have trouble breathing just thinking of it. I am a bit sensitive about this breathing matter.
Take care of your lungs people.

#41 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:17 AM

just reading on another amy site
someone reported a psychic said after a near death experience amy would get her self together for good
and they think that this is that experience

googled and found this:
http://72.14.205.104...lient=firefox-a

According to Psychic Sam another troubled singer will sort her life out in 2008. Amos predicts that Amy Winehouse, 24, will ditch husband Blake Fielder-Civil, who is currently in prison.
Also, after a "near death experience" her well-publicised drug habit will be "gone by September."

hmmmm....

#42 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:21 AM

Wonder if flying to Moscow was difficult because of the air pressure and the emphysema...

#43 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:26 AM

Wonder if it explains why she had such a hard time singing in Lisbon...

#44 Alfredo_t

Alfredo_t

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:14 AM

I'm holding out a little bit of hope that this story isn't true because the Webpage of this "Sunday Mirror" looks like a celebrity gossip tabloid. My hope is waning a little bit after seeing that Reuters is also carrying the story :( See: http://uk.reuters.co...233932720080622

If it is true, then Amy's singing career is over or very close to being over! Lungs affected by emphysema develop cavities that trap air during inhalation but do not allow it to be exhaled easily. This would make singing impossible. This is a real pity! :boohoo:

#45 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:12 AM

When I was in my teens and 20s, my party years, there were plenty of smackheads around but it was the lifestyle and the dirty needles that did the most damage. And those people could go on with their habit for ages. Now with crack, it seems that the damage can be done much more quickly. I don't know if Amy really has emphysema, but you only have to look at her to see she's a shadow of what she was. Hope she doesn't stop her treatment too quickly. I can see what Mitch means about playing live giving her a focus, but it would only be short-term. I'm really not sure if Glastonbury is a good idea at this stage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users