• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#61 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:05 PM

it´s very short and adds nothing to the story.

Does add a good poll:
Should Amy Winehouse be performing on Friday??

Yes - as long as she’s looked after 24%
No way - it’s crazy she needs rest 76%

#62 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

When I was in London last fall, at the end of the day when I would wipe my nose with a kleenex, I noticed black smudges on the kleenex. Didn't know what was going on at first, never happened to me before. But it kept happening each day. I finally realized it must be pollution in the air--car and bus exhaust, etc. Does that make any sense? How bad is air pollution in London?

I guess that along with the stopping smoking etc., she should be careful about visiting London...

#63 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:23 PM

I have such mixed feeling bout her doing the two gigs. I just want her to be healthy. This could be a good thing. I think seeing her fan support is going to be a real moral boost for her. She's probably not seen that, sober in a couple of years. Whatever... this will be very emotional for us all, safe to say. I tear up just at the thought of it.

#64 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

I'm sure she wouldn't perform without her doctors blessing. Still scary though. I wish they were regular concerts for her fans. Everybody in the room would be crying.

#65 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:45 PM

I hope this incident/diagnosis is the gift (strange to call it that, but I think it fits) we have all been waiting for that sends her into the realization that she is a drug addict and if she continues down that path she will pay dearly with her health. I pray her bottom has finally been hit and she will turn things around...dump all her friends who use, get into a recovery program, get a sponsor, a spititual advisor, get into counseling, get back to the gym..just some ideas here for staying clean.

YOU CAN DO IT AMY!!!!!

#66 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:46 PM

still think she shouldn't do the gigs, just focus on getting herself in some kind of shape 1st.

#67 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:51 PM

I'm conflicted about this too. But if her Doctors give her the go ahead, and she feels like she wants to get back into the stream of a new life with these shows, it may be just the thing she needs to keep herself going. But only if she is strong enough and has her Doctors blessings.

#68 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:09 PM

I keep on going back to what the psychic said referring to Amy going through a "near death experience" and being drug free by Spetember. She seems to be "dead-on", as she was referring to Britney Spears... Freaky!!!

Amos, 50 - who calls herself Psychic Sam says that troubled singer Britney Spears will get a counsellor or life coach to get her the help she needs, after she has been sectioned for being a danger to herself and others.

"She will describe this transition as a spiritual journey.

"By the end of this year people will see a more mature and calm Britney

According to Psychic Sam another troubled singer will sort her life out in 2008. Amos predicts that Amy Winehouse, 24, will ditch husband Blake Fielder-Civil, who is currently in prison.
Also, after a "near death experience" her well-publicised drug habit will be "gone by September."

Let's hope she's right.....

#69 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

I don't believe any drug habit is really "gone" for good. You enter into recovery and become a recovering addict for the rest of your life.

#70 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

Britney got sectioned and then got a counsellor? WOW I never saw that one coming, Amos must really have psychic powers!
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#71 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

Her Father became her counselor... NoOne saw THAT coming!!!!!!!

#72 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:25 PM

Neither did Amos.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#73 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

my friend mystic meg did
she said the signs have been there all along

#74 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

Speaking of the Mandela gig, just read Shirley Bassey has pulled out. Still recovering from a stomach surgery.

#75 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

This sounds better:
"Singer Amy Winehouse has "traces" of the lung disease emphysema but is "responding brilliantly to treatment", her father has said.

Mitch Winehouse told BBC Radio 1 his daughter would recover "completely" as long as she stopped smoking.

The star has now been in hospital for a week, but her father said she would perform at the Glastonbury Festival and Nelson Mandela concert this weekend. "

http://news.bbc.co.u...ent/7468655.stm
(contains audio clip of Mitch on Radio 1)

Edit: also has link to full transcript of Mitch's interview.
Excerpt: "You're still worried about her though?
Not as worried about her as I was last week. The future for her and our family and her fans and the people that love her, is a lot brighter than it was. Things have really turned a corner.

Thanks for that clip.
Does anyone know which during which show this was? (Newsbeat perhaps?)
Because the entire interview should be online on the Radio 1 website.

EDIT: Yes it was Newsbeat.
Listen here: http://www.bbc.co.uk...od/radio1.shtml , click Newsbeat in the list on the right. It's at 01:05. It's not a lot more than what they have on Alan's link though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users