THE OFFICIAL MANDELA GIG THREAD

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#286 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:24 AM

Kind of like a secular hymn, isn't it?

Nah that was totally spiritual...he is a god amongst men.

#287 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

But it's not any particular religion, that's what I meant. It's more about humanity than religion. I guess I didn't express the thought well.

#288 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:45 AM

Mimi Wrote:
Did anyone notice her face expression at the beginning of Rehab? I laughed about it, she looked like: 'I will kick your ass'.

Saw it... loved it.. and they all had it coming and she knew she was gonna throw it right it their rightous faces..and she DID!!! Man, I love that girl with her spunk and attitude. I don't think they've come up with enough adjectives to describe Britain's hottest little pistol. I keep falling in love with her all over again..She certainly keeps us all on our toes. Like Elton John's "Tiny Dancer"

#289 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:49 AM

Posted Image

#290 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:51 AM

i love all her faces!!! She is so expresive!!!!

#291 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:54 AM

I just watched the whole Mandela song on Youtube. It's an emotional song for me, because I went to all the London rallies as a teenager - and it was very moving to see Amy perform it all these years later. In a musical sense, she is an icon for a new generation and last night she did us all proud. And Nelson of course is a ray of light in a dark and frightening world. Much love and thanks to them both...

#292 SallyParadise

SallyParadise

I am the lizard-queen!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:09 AM

Mimi Wrote:
Did anyone notice her face expression at the beginning of Rehab? I laughed about it, she looked like: 'I will kick your ass'.

Saw it... loved it.. and they all had it coming and she knew she was gonna throw it right it their rightous faces..and she DID!!! Man, I love that girl with her spunk and attitude. I don't think they've come up with enough adjectives to describe Britain's hottest little pistol. I keep falling in love with her all over again..She certainly keeps us all on our toes. Like Elton John's "Tiny Dancer"

Posted Image

yep - I saw it too. I loved it - really. Like "listen and see how I will blow you away - I know how to do it!"

#293 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:57 AM

I've been singing Free Nelson Mandela to myself all day and watched it again as soon as I got on the computer.

thanks so much. she did work it on out, go on girl. anybody able to translate the enthusiasm in what the two with the mikes are saying about her afterwards?

Sure, I'll start working on it in a sec. But I must say, I'm horrible at translating (I really am).

EDIT: Here it is Kev.

Woman: Yes Amy Winehouse... Considering the stories of the past weeks and her stay in hospital, she was still quite alert.

Man: She sang well, for as far as we can judge it here because we haven't got the best quality here. But even Amy Winehouse on half of her capacity is still a lot more exciting than Jamie Cullum on full capacity if you ask me. I think she is an incredibly good...

Woman: Yeah yeah yeah (as in "yeah yeah, I get it, shut up now lol)

Man: I don't mean to keep on going on about it...but she has something that immediately makes her a star. And then there you have someone who just got out of hospital and probably has problems with her lungs and someone who's absolutely not healthy... But this woman has so much personality... whatever you think about her, whether you like her or not, this is so unique and it's so good. And I really think... And I really have a lot of admiration for her.

Woman: And she's also one of the people the audience came for.

Man: I think so, yes. There has been so much talk about her, of course... What I saw ... I thought she didn't really look healthy, but she also didn't look like someone who's going to give up very soon.

Woman: No, she wasn't very absent.

Man: But I did think "Are you going to be able to play an entire set?" Because she's doing Glastonbury tomorrow. That is a very big festival in England, of course. Joan Baez is going as well, top of the bill, everyone you want to see will be at Glastonbury. And she's going there as well. And it looks like she's going to make that too.

Woman: Yes, go to bed early now.

Man: Yes... She'll go with her father. He has expressed his concerns already

Woman: Yes if she would continue drinking and using drugs, she would...

Man: ... end up in a wheelchair first and then die. I'm not sure why he said this in public, but he is very concerned, that's clear... Good, Amy Winehouse. [the woman starts talking over him: Ok up to the next artist] I liked it that she was there, and I think she will be back later on.

Woman: Yes, at the very end.

:)
That man is like me lol, never finishes his sentences.

#294 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:30 PM

Thanks Sarah! Really funny about Jamie Cullum! Hope it's true about Mitch going with her tonight.

#295 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:07 PM

Yay America! If only my country wasn't SO FUCKING STUPID1
http://www.euronews....om-terror-list/

#296 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:12 PM

Yay America! If only my country wasn't SO FUCKING STUPID1
http://www.euronews....om-terror-list/

You could say better late than never I suppose

#297 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:14 PM

But it's not any particular religion, that's what I meant. It's more about humanity than religion. I guess I didn't express the thought well.

I don't mean religious either. I found the moment spiritual and soulful. The comraderie and the harmony of the moment was a virtuous display of humanity, for me atleast.

#298 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

thanks for everybody who posted links&&pics!

i am still happy about the great night!:)

#299 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:27 PM

Ooh that male presenter at the end really loves her doesn't he? He just can't stop talking about her.

I thínk he loves her, yes :lol: I don't know him.
Great translation, Sarah ;)

#300 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:29 PM

thank you sarah! They were both just so high from hearing Amy perform I had to know what they were saying. Thanks again!!!

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users