330 replies to this topic

#301 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

According to Perez Hilton she was a hot mess, were they watching the same concert as us:

http://perezhilton.c...ad-news#respond

#302 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:23 PM

omg! i really fucking hate perez hilton.. what the fuck does he know about music anyway?? he probably thought heidi montag's record was good...idiot!

#303 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

According to Perez Hilton she was a hot mess, were they watching the same concert as us:

EXCUSE ME!!!!!! Perez Hilton is calling someone a Hot Mess?!!! That's hysterical!!!!!! Does the dude have a mirror?????

#304 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:37 PM

Sucks that he picked her worst number! Luckily his opinions don't matter, and the opinions of those who think they do, also don't matter. But she was hot and pretty messy! I hope she wasn't up all night kicking herself for singing over what the poor sax player was hoping would be his solo!

#305 myblakeincarcerated

myblakeincarcerated

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:55 PM

Did'nt Amy and Perez use to be friends?

#306 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

Dunno if this was posted

Amy Winehouse Wins Over London Crowd With Two-Song Set At Nelson Mandela Concert
Embattled singer seems stable while performing 'Rehab,' 'Valerie' in Hyde Park.
Views 3,355
Comments 2
Rating 60%
Rate this article

By Matt Elias

LONDON — A very stable Amy Winehouse took the stage at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday concert in Hyde Park around 9:20 p.m. local time Friday (June 27).

As soon as her name was announced, fans got up off their blankets and rushed to fill in the outskirts of the massive crowd. Winehouse, without saying a word, broke into her hit "Rehab," and although she appeared to be quite skinny, she wasn't shaky at all. She seemed to have a distant look in her eyes, but what she lacked in energy, her backup singers made up for with choreographed handclaps and dance moves.

Winehouse — dressed in a black-and-white dress with her hair done up in her trademark jet-black beehive (complete with a heart-shaped adornment inscribed with Blake, for her incarcerated husband, Blake Fielder-Civil) — followed "Rehab" with her cover of the Zutons' "Valerie." There was a good minute of silence between songs, and again there was no interaction with the audience. Her take on "Valerie" was a funked-up and slower one rendition that appears on Mark Ronson's album Version. Amy grabbed the microphone off the stand and moved closer to the audience. At times, she tugged up her skirt, just a little, when she was hitting the high notes. She even gave the crowd a few hops.

After her two-song set — every artist was limited to just a few songs since the lineup was so massive — the crowd roared with excitement. Winehouse responded to the applause with a little smirk but still said nothing and slowly exited the stage as the crowd continued to cheer. Judging by the fan response, Amy proved to be the toughest act to follow of the night.

The affair also featured performances by Annie Lennox, Simple Minds, Queen, Leona Lewis and the Soweto Gospel Choir. According to People.com, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith led the performers in singing "Happy Birthday" to Mandela near the end of the night. While rain threatened all evening, the entire concert remained dry yet chilly.

It was interesting that out of all the songs she could choose to play for her two-song set, she chose "Rehab" — possibly a wink to those who have fixated on her troubles with addiction — and a cover that didn't even appear on one of her albums. Whatever the reasoning, she proved that she still has staying power and that her path to recovery might be on the upswing.

http://www.mtv.com/n...ahooNewscrawler

#307 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:31 PM

I've just had this posted on my you tube, never been called a terrorist before:

The bottom line is...if you support or harbour a terrorist you ARE a terrorist, if you support or harbour a racist, you ARE are racist. Good luck.

#308 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

^oh my...

forget the people on youtube, sometimes i want to disable comments right away, but i leave it like it is.

#309 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

I know I have left it, they are the idiots.

#310 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:50 PM

Perez is obviously a backstabber. It hurts me for Amy who seems like a very trusting girl and it often bites her. When he interviewed her and they made cookies , she was so child like. She even tried to make a beehive out of his f**ked up pile of shit hair... like they were girls at a sleepover... She's better off without "friends" like him. She has enough of THOSE already. They're probably the same types who helped her out by bringing her "treats" the last time she was in "rehab".. Just my opinion..

#311 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

i don't think perez has any friends. :lol:
i mean look at what he's doing...for a living.

#312 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:01 PM

Perez is an idiot who feels really bad about himself, and the only way he can feel he is worth something is to slag everyone of. Amy wasn't perfect at the concert, but after everything she went through, she was really good!

Anyway, I haven't had the chance to comment before, but thanks to all who gave the updates and links about hte concert!

#313 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

I've been singing Free Nelson Mandela to myself all day and watched it again as soon as I got on the computer.
Sure, I'll start working on it in a sec. But I must say, I'm horrible at translating (I really am).

EDIT: Here it is Kev.

Woman: Yes Amy Winehouse... Considering the stories of the past weeks and her stay in hospital, she was still quite alert.

Man: She sang well, for as far as we can judge it here because we haven't got the best quality here. But even Amy Winehouse on half of her capacity is still a lot more exciting than Jamie Cullum on full capacity if you ask me. I think she is an incredibly good...

Woman: Yeah yeah yeah (as in "yeah yeah, I get it, shut up now lol)

Man: I don't mean to keep on going on about it...but she has something that immediately makes her a star. And then there you have someone who just got out of hospital and probably has problems with her lungs and someone who's absolutely not healthy... But this woman has so much personality... whatever you think about her, whether you like her or not, this is so unique and it's so good. And I really think... And I really have a lot of admiration for her.

Woman: And she's also one of the people the audience came for.

Man: I think so, yes. There has been so much talk about her, of course... What I saw ... I thought she didn't really look healthy, but she also didn't look like someone who's going to give up very soon.

Woman: No, she wasn't very absent.

Man: But I did think "Are you going to be able to play an entire set?" Because she's doing Glastonbury tomorrow. That is a very big festival in England, of course. Joan Baez is going as well, top of the bill, everyone you want to see will be at Glastonbury. And she's going there as well. And it looks like she's going to make that too.

Woman: Yes, go to bed early now.

Man: Yes... She'll go with her father. He has expressed his concerns already

Woman: Yes if she would continue drinking and using drugs, she would...

Man: ... end up in a wheelchair first and then die. I'm not sure why he said this in public, but he is very concerned, that's clear... Good, Amy Winehouse. [the woman starts talking over him: Ok up to the next artist] I liked it that she was there, and I think she will be back later on.

Woman: Yes, at the very end.

:)
That man is like me lol, never finishes his sentences.

Lol the lady is saying "yeah yeah yeah" because the man is a huge Amy fan and he is constantly going on about her hahaha! He won't stop talking about her!

#314 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

i watched this. amy was amazing and even at the end, it was so great to watch her, shes looking good and she looked soooo happyy love seeing her happy :D

#315 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:51 PM

I was just relieved she didn't go "comando" in front of Mr. Mandela... I had that thought running through my mind the whole afteroon, especially after the Russian gig and the press she got about that... Whew!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users