362 replies to this topic

#286 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:53 AM

That's what I love about the people on this site. Yes, we love Winehouse as a performer, we love the spark, the guts and the lady herself. The drugs, booze, personal problems, etc., have taken a toll. That's the home truth. I just listen to about a 'hot minute' on the videos. I think she messes up on "Rehab", because she knows it's almost became a parody, she's living a lie. You can lie to everyone, you can't lie to yourself. She needs to stop singing it, forever.

I don't even listen to the old videos, the comparisons are just too painful to see. Winehouse's last performance on September 6th can't come fast enough for me. It's just too painful and too much anticipation is too stressful. "T in the Park" may have been the last decent performance, for awhile.

A wise person told me, she needs to decide what she wants to do. She's taken her fans for granted.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#287 the absinthe bunny

the absinthe bunny

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:10 AM

lenny k.:

what's up with that?
http://www.virtualfe...atest/news/5178

Another has-been trying to get attention and revive his long gone career by having Amy's name on his mouth maybe?

Natalie Cole
Janet Jackson
Noel Gallager
That Sex Pistols guy

wow, some of these guys haven't been relevant since the nineties or before... Yeah Lenny Kravitz fits the bill...

Posted Image

#288 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:18 AM

posted only for the screamed "We love you!". Amy arriving backstage:

#289 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:34 AM

OK I just watch a skeleton bounce around the stage, my Allah she looked gaunt! I see the death on her. I don't even get upset when celebs take shots at anymore. She is wasting it and if she don't care, then why should I. I don't see what will change between now and the remaining concerts. I at very least hope she makes to her b-day and that we are all to show her our appreciation, even though I doubt, anything will click in that head of hers. She is 3 step forward, 50 steps back. WTH woman, the world is in your palms, begging and gagging for another hit of you...

#290 jazlyn

jazlyn

Shangri-La

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:23 AM

I think that Amy knows she is not in a state to perform. I think she knows she is not performing well, but she HAS TO do these shows. She is under contract. Fans may feel cheated, but I think she also feels bad for cheating them when she knows she can't be in top form at the minute. She needs time away to get better. She can't just fix everything overnight, but she is aware that she needs to, and I think she will.

And I am not buying in to the whole attitude of giving up on Amy. This whole situation reminds me of something said by Edie Sedgwick's brother. After Edie went to rehab and finally got clean she came to visit him. He told her he was so impressed that she got clean because he didn't think she could do it. He said that he could also see something in her eyes shatter, and a week later she was dead. What motivated her was knowing that people believed in her and that failing would let them down. I feel that I will always believe Amy can get better, and that everyone around her should too. That way she will feel guilt when she can't live up to that. That is why I like that she gets to go places with Dionne, it shows her that falling off the wagon could cost her that precious relationship. If everyone just gives up and her, and waits for the worst, than that is only helping her fall harder and faster. I really do think that patience and support will get Amy through this. I have all the time in the world for Amy to get things right.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Winehouse is a true original, and that's a quality that easily stands the test of time."

#291 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:47 AM

I don't want to give up on her but it's not looking good. She seems like an empty shell of who she was even a few years ago and it just getting worse. Then again if Robert Downey JR was able to turn it around anything is possible but it took him a long time and it cost him a lot for him to finally say enough and get clean. If Amy does survive it will probably take her losing everything for her to finally say enough.
Mike from NY, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Sep 2007.

#292 jazlyn

jazlyn

Shangri-La

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:06 AM

I think that one problem I have in the view of Amy as being on top and having everything and throwing it away, is that that view doesn't take in to account that her husband is gone. She is depressed, bored, and lonely without him. If when Blake gets out she goes back to her old ways, and can't keep things together than maybe you can start thinking this is the end (although I won't). But right now all I think Amy can focus on is the heartbreak she is experiencing. It may not mean a lot to the many people who hate Blake, but it sure as hell means a lot to her. She can't motivate herself to truly turn things around in this depressed state. She is making steps toward recovery, and I don't think she has truly lapsed back (it will take more than a a few papparazzi pictures with her eyes half closed and bad self tanner to convince me otherwise). And if she does have a bad day or mess up that is normal recovery. All addicts have good days and bad days, and there are probably numerous relapses in her future. But I think that while to everyone on the outside it seems that she has everything and is pissing it away, to her she doesn't see herself as a star. She doesn't see her career as legendary. She sees herself as a wife who hasn't even really had a married life, who wants to be with her best friend. I don't know, I just really think the smoke will clear when she is with Blake, and no longer depressed, and she will emerge stronger and willing to take bigger steps toward her recovery compared to the little steps she is taking now. And it doesn't even matter if everyone else thinks she shouldn't be so depressed without him because she is, and no one else's opinion will change that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Winehouse is a true original, and that's a quality that easily stands the test of time."

#293 Elena

Elena

Life is like a pipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:35 AM

You may be right. I hope you are.

We can only wait and see.

I think that one problem I have in the view of Amy as being on top and having everything and throwing it away, is that that view doesn't take in to account that her husband is gone. She is depressed, bored, and lonely without him. If when Blake gets out she goes back to her old ways, and can't keep things together than maybe you can start thinking this is the end (although I won't). But right now all I think Amy can focus on is the heartbreak she is experiencing. It may not mean a lot to the many people who hate Blake, but it sure as hell means a lot to her. She can't motivate herself to truly turn things around in this depressed state. She is making steps toward recovery, and I don't think she has truly lapsed back (it will take more than a a few papparazzi pictures with her eyes half closed and bad self tanner to convince me otherwise). And if she does have a bad day or mess up that is normal recovery. All addicts have good days and bad days, and there are probably numerous relapses in her future. But I think that while to everyone on the outside it seems that she has everything and is pissing it away, to her she doesn't see herself as a star. She doesn't see her career as legendary. She sees herself as a wife who hasn't even really had a married life, who wants to be with her best friend. I don't know, I just really think the smoke will clear when she is with Blake, and no longer depressed, and she will emerge stronger and willing to take bigger steps toward her recovery compared to the little steps she is taking now. And it doesn't even matter if everyone else thinks she shouldn't be so depressed without him because she is, and no one else's opinion will change that.

Ellie

#294 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for all the videos, infos, reviews and last but never least: your opinions.
I just don' t know what to think at the moment, mixed feelings. But to me, it wasn't a great pleasure to watch this performance, that's for sure.

Edited by Mimi, 18 August 2008 - 09:58 AM.

What kind of fuckery is this

#295 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:45 AM

http://www.dailymail...igs-nights.html
it's all about the pictures really.. the article is not even worth it.. just a load of bollocks as usual. although this:

She told the crowd: 'You're a really nuts crowd. I'm not on drugs, honest.
'So boo you guys for yesterday.'

really??
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#296 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:20 AM

I have just seen the photos on the Daily Mail site and I must say they are shocking. She looks as though her body is slowly shutting down and I have said this before I do wonder how much more punishment her tiny body can withstand.

Her perfomances this weekend were by no means her worst but to me she has lost her sparkle, yes she can still sing but her eyes show little emotion and previously she sang showing bucket loads of emotion.

She looked in pain onstage at times and those photos in the Mail back that up. I truly hope she can turn this around but I fear she cannot.

She had the world at her feet but unfortunately it appears to be crumbing around her.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#297 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:30 AM

She looked in pain onstage at times and those photos in the Mail back that up. I truly hope she can turn this around but I fear she cannot.

It's already one of the saddest stories in music(history). It's like watching your best friend slip away.

#298 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:57 PM

http://www.dailymail...igs-nights.html
it's all about the pictures really.. the article is not even worth it.. just a load of bollocks as usual. although this:

really??

This is one of those public moments of addicts thinking that they're fooling people, when actually, they're fooling themselves. Hate to say it, but I won't be surprised if she's not back in emergency, this week or the next.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#299 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:12 PM

I would agree if she cared about letting people down, but she doesn't. This is not the first time, nor second not third time, this has been on going.

And no need to give up on Amy she's given up on herself.

I am not without hope but I don't feel sorry for her anymore.

I feel sorry for people who want help, who need help and can't get it. Hungry people. Homeless people. Sick children. Cancer patients.

She has options.

#300 Elena

Elena

Life is like a pipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

Have to say I feel the same. :(

Sad, but honest.

"I can't help you, if you wont help yourself"

I would agree if she cared about letting people down, but she doesn't. This is not the first time, nor second not third time, this has been on going.

And no need to give up on Amy she's given up on herself.

I am not without hope but I don't feel sorry for her anymore.

I feel sorry for people who want help, who need help and can't get it. Hungry people. Homeless people. Sick children. Cancer patients.

She has options.

Edited by Elena, 18 August 2008 - 03:24 PM.

Ellie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users