362 replies to this topic

#301 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:27 PM

i really dont know what to think anymore, i think ive been kidding myself tbh, tellin myself that shes sounding better. she looks terrible tho, the drugs have completly chnged her face. when i loved her apperence most was when she did that aol set. then her face looked perfect.. now she looks gaunt, blank, maybe even zombie like.. when she was laughing through rehab it made me really happy to see her smiling but then she goes back to this shadow of what she used to be.. her eyes just look blank.
i hope its not too late to get the amy we love back. its like her bodys there on stage but shes not really there.
"Your wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end. Your wondering how, you will pay, for the way you misbehaved."

#302 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:27 PM

"how can I help you, if you wont help yourself?"

She said it best didn't she...

Also just because you tell the truth and accept the truth about the situation does not mean you don't like/love someone.

#303 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

I still feel very sorry for her.

I feel she is trapped by her emotions; this is her gift, and her burden.

I also feel that she is going through a process, and slow as it seems, it seems to be heading in the right direction. We, waiting on the sidelines, see things relative to what we think we know. She is living it. I think it goes slower when you are living it than when you are seeing it from the sidelines.

I am also not without hope. And I don't think she has given up on herself at all.

imho
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#304 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

I think it goes slower when you are living it than when you are seeing it from the sidelines.

I think that's true. It's going to take a long time to recover from what she has put her mind and tiny body through. She's been doing this for a long time, the drugs, drink, poor diet, lack of sleep. She almost died from an overdose. It's not going to happen overnight. I can't wait until these concerts are over.

I don't think she can recover on her own, by just staying at home. She needs to go to rehab, and properly this time, a few days or a week or two just won't cut it.

Edited by Lainey, 18 August 2008 - 02:39 PM.

"I've got hair like them"

#305 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:41 PM

I've been watching those videos from last night (thank you Jayne) and they're incredibly painful to watch. I feel like a twat commenting on her dreadful singing when you can clearly see for her body language just how incredibly sick she is. Today is the time I've felt more worried about her ever. Even when she was in hospital I was feeling better. It's just terribly obscene that she's allowed to take decission on her own let alone go on stage.
Posted Image

#306 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:47 PM

I can't wait till these concerts are over also. It's just so painful...brings tears.

Edit: if only her contract with Island was over.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#307 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:50 PM

Winehouse's last performance on September 6th can't come fast enough for me.

I'm going to that festival & I think I'll deliberately miss her as I can't bear to watch her falling apart live on stage.

Further to some previous comments about the audience not appreciating that Amy is a real person I have to say that I believe the punters at a festival have paid good money to be entertained & deserve good performances from the artists. If the artists isn't fit to perform they shouldn't. Doesn't make me a hater, just makes me someone who doesn't want to waste one precious second of a festival I have been looking forward to all year.
Personally I think Rob de Bank is mad to book Amy for Bestival.
Let Your Freak Flag Fly

#308 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:51 PM

I don't think it's wrong to comment. Everyone knows she is stubborn. She also knows she is a public figure subject to remarks.

I don't see any recovery right now and I very well understand the process.

I don't speak for her, I only know what I see. I have no idea what she is thinking or planning.

But want I do know is that she is responsible for for situation. And I refuse to pick and chose when I or anyone else wants to believe she is coherent or non coherent. She knows what she is doing. Rolling Stone made that clear and I keep that in mind.

I heard that loud and clear.

#309 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

Rolling Stone made that clear and I keep that in mind.

I heard that loud and clear.

Rolling Stone was ages ago. A lot has happened since then.

#310 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

She started drugs ages ago it and is still on them regardless that information is relevant, it shows you exactly her frame of mind. I don't care if you don't want to see it.

And a lot of thing will continue to happen until she cuts the bullshit and admit she has a problem. I won't sympathize because she looks bad, she made she bed. Excuses and excusing her is not going to work.

#311 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

I do feel bad for all people who make their own lousy beds.

I wish they all had the strength of character to change.

#312 Elena

Elena

Life is like a pipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:08 PM

I love the aol set.

Happy days, long gone. :(

i really dont know what to think anymore, i think ive been kidding myself tbh, tellin myself that shes sounding better. she looks terrible tho, the drugs have completly chnged her face. when i loved her apperence most was when she did that aol set. then her face looked perfect.. now she looks gaunt, blank, maybe even zombie like.. when she was laughing through rehab it made me really happy to see her smiling but then she goes back to this shadow of what she used to be.. her eyes just look blank.
i hope its not too late to get the amy we love back. its like her bodys there on stage but shes not really there.

Ellie

#313 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

I don't feel sorry for anyone who knowly make their bed and have the strength of character and doesn't give a shit.

#314 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:11 PM

Just found these from Saturday:

Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#315 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

Just speaking for myself, I have a close family member who is a recovering alcoholic, and I went through many different emotions. I was up and down like a yo-yo. Anger, sadness, helplessness, fear (that they would kill themselves), compassion, frustration.... It was a rollercoaster.

In the end, looking back on it, I just feel so sad that they wasted so many years of their life stuck in that self-destructive pattern. I could never abandon them, though, and nowadays I feel sorry for them that they had such a miserable life when they were drinking.

My anger was misplaced, as they really, truly, couldn't help themselves at the time - they just didn't have the strength. They hit rock bottom, and with help, they've been sober for 15 years, thank God. Still one day at a time, though. That's why I still have hope for Amy. Because I've seen recovery in someone close to me.

So I do feel sorry for Amy. I can't be mad at her - I just feel sad. Sadness is the main emotion for me.
"I've got hair like them"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users