#106 dany

dany

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:50 PM

Hi there
Found french stuff about Amy's cancellation at Rock en Seine on the website musicspot dot fr. Can post url as I'm a new member.
- Gallery of her cancellation
- Video of Announcement made by the Rock en Seine team after The Raconteurs gig

#107 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:34 PM

she's done the last minute cancel so many times, i cannot undestand how she gets away with it. for those suing her, makes sense to me. i don't like it, but it makes sense.

#108 Lise

Lise

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

As you know, I was at Rock en Seine yesterday, and even if the cancellation was'nt exactly a surprise it was so sad and disappointing. Especially after Jack White's gig, everyone were like crazy and 10 seconds after he left the stage, that horrible voice announced it ...
I was really against the gates so I saw a doctor,member of the staff of the festival, he told us that he saw Amy in the morning, that she was here rehearsing and that her voice was very bad. But it isn't at all waht we can read in the press and on the Rock en Seine website, so I guess he was just trying to show off... He kept saying "she should get a new liver...":'-(
Anyway, I just hope it was the best solution for her...

#109 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

i'm really sorry for you. I don't think she was there though. There'd be a thousand pictures probably.
It must have been another rir lisbon imo, only that this time she didn't wanted to perform. Wise idea... but not if you announce it two hours before the actual gig!
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#110 Lise

Lise

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:44 PM

Yeah, I really would like to know what happenned , if she really could'nt perform or if she didn't want to. I actually prefer the idea that she never came because it means her voice is not so bad they prevented her to actually go on on stage. ( I'm not sure I am clear, sorry)

Oh, and I also wanted to say that Jack White sang a song for her and said " This song is for Amy I hope she's ok" and I really would like to find it because I could'nt understand the lyrics. The French band " The Do" also sang a song for an Amy (i guess that was AW) that was not in their album.

Edited by Lise, 30 August 2008 - 10:02 PM.

#111 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:18 AM

This was when he met her on the 8th, not yesterday.

But yeah I'm not surprised this got her into trouble.

I caught that, Sarah......mea culpa, to you, the members and Byron.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#112 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:20 AM

I feel bad for ya, Lise. But thanx for the recap, mon amie!!! Maybe that doctor knows something the press doesn't........... bring his ass over to England to help her, LOL!

Jack White is really cool, he's well-loved in his hometown of Detroit.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#113 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:07 PM

didn't she perform with a sore throat recently? That's too bad, I feel for the fans. As far a legal action, I'm sure she has it covered...she knows the routine by now.

#114 Lise

Lise

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

I've just seen that the people from Rock en Seine erased Amy's name from the website, they even replaced it with XXXXXX on a poster. They must be VERY angry at her. I guess they don't want to give them free advertisment.

#115 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

I don't know if that's about not wanting to give her free advertisement, because it helps them more than it does her to have her name on there (I mean her name attracts people).
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#116 MissGuitar85

MissGuitar85

I observe, I don't chase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:00 PM

I'm sure they are not pleased , but she wasnt there so they prob. figure whats the point of having the name still there no ? Anyway I think it was for the best, but i did feel bad for the fans.
:music:Yeah I'm listening

#117 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:00 PM

PARIS (Reuters) - A Paris music festival will offer discounts to disappointed Amy Winehouse fans after the troubled British soul singer cancelled a gig at the last minute, organizers said on Wednesday.

The 24-year-old diva with the beehive hairdo was due to appear at the Rock en Seine festival on August 29 but pulled out at short notice after falling ill in London, according to her spokesman.

The event's organizers said last week they were planning legal action against her. They said they were notified at 8 p.m., two hours before the concert, and given no explanation.

The festival will offer people who had tickets for August 29 an 18 euro ($26) discount on tickets for next year's Rock en Seine, organizers said. The price of tickets at this year's event was 45 euros for a day and 75 euros for two days.

Winehouse, who shot to fame with hits "Rehab" and "You Know I'm No Good", had already dropped out of Rock en Seine in 2007.

The festival said on its website her musicians and technicians were already on site at the 17th century Saint-Cloud park near Paris when she cancelled. Her eager fans were given just half an hour's notice that she wouldn't appear.

"Because of the conditions of this cancellation, the festival has taken the decision to start legal proceedings," a message on the festival website said.

The singer is due to appear at the Bestival music event on the Isle of Wight at the weekend. Organizer and radio DJ Rob Da Bank said on the Bestival blog that he had a back-up plan in case Winehouse did not show up.

http://www.reuters.c...348405020080903
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#118 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:59 AM

Thanks, Jayne...
I was reading an article about Snoop Dogg and he has a clause in his contract that he reserves the right to pull out of a gig at the last minute if he finds not all of his demands are satisfied - considering how many times Amy canceled at the last moment, maybe she has something like this in her contract, considering she was never sued before...
Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

#119 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:32 PM

It must be so frustrating for the band. after they are muscians and want to play and it's really unfair to them.

I'm sure she's covered by insurance but I wonder how long she's going to be able to be insured.

I know when she cancelled last minute at Liverpool the disruption it caused, the policing, the stewards, the venue staff, support band, her band and there was quite a few catering vans which had food/drink ready to be served and the public never even got the chance to get through the gates. Then you've got all the people involved road, technical crew they must have lost thousands.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#120 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

Oh, yeah, it must suck for her band - especially when they play out of England and they go there few days earlier, prepare themselves, and are said only a couple of hours before going on stage :"It ain't gonna happen. Go home..."
And, yeah, there's a whole lot of people involved in performances, it really sucks for them...
Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users