71 replies to this topic

#31 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

yeah, i think she will be able to pull it of on the album, but i dono if she will be as good again live...
but you never know, i think she will be just as good.
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#32 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:35 PM

im still wondering what other type of songs will be on the new album besides the wizard of oz material. but still im thrilled knowing she is finally working on a new one...

#33 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

yeah i heard the wizard of oz stuff is fake,.
but you never know.
but her rep said it was fake.
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#34 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:48 PM

Some of the posters from YouTube made a spoof of this show, with subtitles. If Winehouse keeps giving crappy performances, less and less folk are going to want her to appear at venues, big and small.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#35 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:56 PM

but you never know.

It was fake? :( I dont know what to believe anymore... :'-(

#36 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

but you never know.

:-S Did you read this anywhere, if so, please share. Thanx!
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#37 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:11 PM

It was fake? :( I dont know what to believe anymore... :'-(

Do not believe anything, that's the best thing you can do.

Seriously. The majority of these type of things are made up.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#38 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

Some of the posters from YouTube made a spoof of this show, with subtitles. If Winehouse keeps giving crappy performances, less and less folk are going to want her to appear at venues, big and small.

i'd love to say you're right.. but that probably wont happen. I've already said it in some other discussion. Amy sells. Either if she's in good or bad shape, it means press.. always.. There's no such thing as bad publicity, and even if she keeps on fucking up they'll want her anyway.
If the mtv awards were today, organizers would probably want her to perform, because people would watch.. to see if she's getting her life together or to see how badly she fucks up.. but they'll watch. I think the same thing would happen with gigs.
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#39 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

the gigs she has this summer are mostly all ones she cancelled or missed last year. didnt do her any harm.

"i'm a musician, fuck the rest"

1983 - 2011

#40 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:28 AM

i'd love to say you're right.. but that probably wont happen. I've already said it in some other discussion. Amy sells. Either if she's in good or bad shape, it means press.. always.. There's no such thing as bad publicity, and even if she keeps on fucking up they'll want her anyway.
If the mtv awards were today, organizers would probably want her to perform, because people would watch.. to see if she's getting her life together or to see how badly she fucks up.. but they'll watch. I think the same thing would happen with gigs.

That's the sad part, Amy's now unpredictable nature is what attracts people. Will she nut up? Will she be so jacked up that she'll be funny? It's not her wonderful voice that is on her CDs, it's the addiction, the disheveled appearance, her infamous craziness, that's what brings people to the concert. I remember when people would either go to an Alice Cooper, Chaka Kahn, Rick James, et al., concert, to see how badly they'd mess up, or how high they appear.

- 8-/

#41 brando

brando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:03 AM

i can't believe there's people that would actually pay to see someone that's sick going through something like that. And even if they don't give a fuck about the person they're watching, why waste your money on a performance you know is going to be shit? But unfortunately you're right..
my grandfather always says there's an extreme amount of idiots in the world. Guess he's right!

#42 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:07 PM

You're too young to remember, in the late 70s/early80s, there was a New Wave/Punk group named Joy Division. The lead singer, Ian Curtis would have epilectic seizures, because he refused to take his medication before a gig. People would flock in droves to see that. Yup, brando, your grandfather was correct.......

You're spot on about the MVA show, remember Britney's disastrous performance? I was screaming at the TV, why in the hell did her management let her perform? She was probably on some sort of psychotropic/depressant type of drug, she was so terrible. Granted, she can't sing but she's a pretty high-energy performer! I hope Amy's people learned from her last concert, and won't let her appear filthy!

Edited by Rockesquirrel, 26 August 2008 - 02:12 PM.

- 8-/

#43 brando

brando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:52 PM

yeah i hope that too. Can't they see those performances don't help her at all?? well i guess money is more important than your client's health, isn't it?
I remember reading somewhere that even though britney's performance last year was awful, mtv producers wanted her again this year. I don't know if it's true and i don't know if she's performing, but that's how it is i guess. It's the same thing with britney.. people would watch that.. to see if she's fat, if she's high or if she's just.. normal.. but they'd watch it. It's unbelieveable, but as long as there's someone who wants to watch that, there will be someone who'll do the imposible to put it on tv. It a vicious circle

#44 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:00 PM

For a youngun, you're pretty smart, brando. But, it is the human condition, car crashes and trainwrecks attract folks and generate curiosity.

- 8-/

#45 brando

brando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

fanks. Yes you're right, drama sells

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users