• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

This was in the Mirror, so to speak.

Exclusive: Amy Winehouse ditches Mark Ronson on new album

By Jody Thompson, Mirror.co.uk 4/09/2008
Amy Winehouse

Amy Winehouse (Xposure)

Amy Winehouse has finished a number of tracks for her new album - but she's not been working with Mark Ronson, Mirror.co.uk can reveal.

She's been in the studio with Salaam Remi, who previously worked with the star on her debut album Frank, as well producing four tracks on her last record Back To Black, including the hit Tears Dry On Their Own.

With Remi getting back on board, it seems Amy still hasn't made up with Mark Ronson after they fell out trying to record her doomed attempt at the theme song for forthcoming James Bond movie Quantum Of Solace.

Her spokesman confirmed that tracks had been finished with Remi and told Mirror.co.uk: "There has been some music written, recorded and done but details aren't forthcoming as yet."

Advertisement - article continues below »

He added that apart from working on the album, she'd been trying to concentrate on getting healthy ready for her husband Blake Fielder-Civil's release from prison in December.

He's serving the last of a 27 month sentence for GBH and perverting the course of justice.

The spokesman explained: "The diary is clear to really nail down the album for the forseeable future and to allow some relaxing recovery time. Amy always wants to perform and over the summer they booked all these one off dates to keep the pressure off. Then there's the release of Blake before Xmas and we'll see what happens then."

He also said he couldn't comment on Amy's Paris no-show at the weekend as the promoters had started legal procedings against the singer. But he said Amy WOULD play this weekend's Bestival on the Isle Of Wight, which is scheduled to be her final live show of 2008.

#2 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

as long as she is making a new album I couldnt be anymore happier :)
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#3 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

i started reading this thinking it was completely bs but.. the 'her spokesman' part made me doubt. I really don't know what to expect for this saturday.. i don't really think she'll be there, but if she isn't going i dont know how they haven't cancelled yet, to avoid other legal problems.
About her album.. i'm sure she's written some new songs but i think it will be a loooong time till we hear anything new.
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#4 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

thanks for posting. how reliable is this? think a lot needs to happen until she's in the condition to make a proper album to be honest.

#5 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:40 PM

i started reading this thinking it was completely bs but.. the 'her spokesman' part made me doubt. I really don't know what to expect for this saturday.. i don't really think she'll be there, but if she isn't going i dont know how they haven't cancelled yet, to avoid other legal problems.
About her album.. i'm sure she's written some new songs but i think it will be a loooong time till we hear anything new.

The spokesman didn't mention ANYTHING about Mark, right? So there it goes... bullshit (I bloody hope)
Posted Image

#6 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:46 PM

well they're not joined at the fucking hip
Posted Image
AmyAmyAmy - She So Good She Dangerous
★I Wanna Light You On Fire, Show You How Hot You Are★

#7 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:01 PM

she dont have to stay with mark.
she can work with him anytime she wants they do great stuff together.
im sure the album will be great no matter who she works with :D
Posted Image
I have been in love with Amy Winehouse since 1st January 2007

#8 jazlyn

jazlyn

Shangri-La

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:10 PM

I am just glad that she is writing, she needs to get everything out of her and onto paper so she can begin to get over all of this. The more thoughts she can express and purge the better. Like after the thing with Blake, she said she had to write to get it out of her or she thought she would die. If she is writing then she hasn't given up, and neither have I. Keep writing Amy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Winehouse is a true original, and that's a quality that easily stands the test of time."

#9 stimuland

stimuland

I'm talking 'bout my new guitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

I'd be pretty bummed if Ronson were dropped. Mark gave Back To Black that distinct feel it has. And no other producer can achieve that sound imo. I've seen other producers try to emulate it, but they don't achieve anything nearly as good as what he gets.

You just can't go wrong with Mark Ronson and the Dap-Kings together in the studio. Just listen to Daniel Merriweather's new stuff, which Ronson produced, and you'll see what I'm talking about... ("Impossible" is genius). Ronson can turn anything into a hit.

But then again, if Amy's upcoming album is more ska-influenced (which I hope it isn't -- not a huge fan of it), then perhaps Salaam would be better suited for the job. After all, he did produce Just Friends... and Me and Mr Jones is one of my favorite tracks off BTB

#10 jazlyn

jazlyn

Shangri-La

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:18 PM

Me and Mr Jones is one of my favorite tracks off BTB

Me too. And I agree, I love the way Mark made Amy's album sound old, but not simply just samples and awkward beats like some throwback albums that have come out in the last few years. Just as Amy said that old music touched her because it had just as much relevance to modern times, and she could get just as much out of it as modern music, I feel the same about her album, and Mark really helped that sound develop without it sounding like a Shangri-Las cover album.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Winehouse is a true original, and that's a quality that easily stands the test of time."

#11 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

Hope it's true! Ronson got way too much credit for B2B, Salaam got way too little!
Ronson is right to feel like a fraud:
http://www.contactmu...a fraud_1073967

#12 akemi

akemi

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:09 PM

without mark?
nnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:/

:'-(
Posted Image
(i dont speak english very well)

#13 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:20 PM

I like Mark, talented producer and seems to be a genuine bloke. I liked his friendship with Amy. I don't believe they've really fallen out, but people move on. With the way Amy's life has been going, it's not surprising. Also, the press has got the idea that Mark is some kind of Svengali/Phil Spektor figure and it's simply not true. I'm glad Amy is working with Salaam Remi and much as I like Mark, I don't think Amy needs him to make great music. I'm hoping the album will take her in a new direction just as B2B moved on from Frank.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#14 jazlyn

jazlyn

Shangri-La

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hope it's true! Ronson got way too much credit for B2B, Salaam got way too little!
Ronson is right to feel like a fraud:
http://www.contactmu...a fraud_1073967

That is very true, I always forget about poor old Salaam. Well I don't forget, but I think of Mark's contributions more often.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

I'd be pretty bummed if Ronson were dropped. Mark gave Back To Black that distinct feel it has. And no other producer can achieve that sound imo. I've seen other producers try to emulate it, but they don't achieve anything nearly as good as what he gets.

You just can't go wrong with Mark Ronson and the Dap-Kings together in the studio. Just listen to Daniel Merriweather's new stuff, which Ronson produced, and you'll see what I'm talking about... ("Impossible" is genius). Ronson can turn anything into a hit.

But then again, if Amy's upcoming album is more ska-influenced (which I hope it isn't -- not a huge fan of it), then perhaps Salaam would be better suited for the job. After all, he did produce Just Friends... and Me and Mr Jones is one of my favorite tracks off BTB

You've taken the words out of my mouth. I agree in a 100%. Danke!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users