#16 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

I like the fact that Salaam Remi is working with her.. even though i'd miss Ronson's stuff too, but i think it would be kind of the same, if you get what i mean,, i really don't think she needs him to do a great record. we still have to see what Amy has on mind to do her record, what kind of songs, etc..

if its not bs, of course..

Edited by veronika, 04 September 2008 - 08:30 PM.

Posted Image

#17 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

I agree Alan. The further things went along, it seems people were making Ronson and Amy a duo of some sort. I didn't like it.
This is the era of the producer but people have to be careful to remember who the artists are and who the knob twisters are. Not that producers aren't important, but they aren't god either. Rick Rubin could be Jesus though. :)

#18 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

couldnt agree with you more phil! i only know his work with johnny, but thats enough to warrant that label in my opinion

the 1st part of this article is utter bs i reckon, mark visited amy in hospital didnt he? and i remember him saying it was the nicest time he'd had in ages and amy agreed with him. it was in an interview on youtube, cant find it now though think its been taken down!
if mark isnt working with amy on the next album, it doesnt mean theyve fallen out, just that amys music has moved on. the tabloids will start a bitch fight out of anything.

#19 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:10 PM

I like Mark, talented producer and seems to be a genuine bloke. I liked his friendship with Amy. I don't believe they've really fallen out, but people move on. With the way Amy's life has been going, it's not surprising. Also, the press has got the idea that Mark is some kind of Svengali/Phil Spektor figure and it's simply not true. I'm glad Amy is working with Salaam Remi and much as I like Mark, I don't think Amy needs him to make great music. I'm hoping the album will take her in a new direction just as B2B moved on from Frank.

ITA w/this, and great point, Tara. Ronson/Winehouse, IMHO, is like peanut butter n' jelly, Batman and Robin, Rogers and Hammerstein. Ronson didn't control or mold Winehouse, he just added some flavor to her unique voice and vocal style, yo! I like Mark, he's a really cool, and a smooth producer. He's got the golden touch. But, like most unions, people grow apart, he and Winehouse just went their separate ways, nothing more, nothing less. I'm sorry that they've parted ways, they made great music together.

I'll miss Mark.......... :(
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#20 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:31 PM

couldnt agree with you more phil! i only know his work with johnny, but thats enough to warrant that label in my opinion

I agree Cam. He also produced the biggest album of Neil Diamonds career(talk about bringing the dead back to life) and ZZTop just tapped him for the same reason. I haven't looked forward to a Top album in decades so this should be interesting.

#21 erickonasis

erickonasis

Back 2 Black >

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:16 AM

WOOOHOOOO REMI >
Posted Image

#22 crol

crol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:43 AM

hell yea woo hoo remi!

#23 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:38 PM

It doesn't mean a thing, for all we know she could still end up working with Mark on some songs, or even any number of producers (it used to say on wikipedia that she plans to work with Timbaland - I'm glad it doesn't anymore). Her rep didn't say Remi produced the entire album, just some songs. And even if she doesn't do a thing with Mark for new album, doesn't mean they're not friends anymore...
Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

#24 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:40 PM

thats true. i see what your saying with that. :) Shes just taking a different approach . thats all
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#25 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:03 PM

yeah i think mark is a good guy and talented, but its good amy is trying a different way,
amy will still be amazing no matter who she works with
haha :)
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#26 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

back in may, working on the Bond theme, Ronson said publicly the song wouldn't happen "unless by some miracle of science it gets recorded and someone sings a vocal." She was in no condition to work, let alone work with a producer. I hope she's moved on if she was pissed at him for that. He produced some amazing shit for her, and gave her the highest charting single she's had so far with Valerie. It would be a shame if he wasn't a part of her next project.

#27 lnz

lnz

I'll buy the Rizla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:12 PM

she used 'em both on the last album. i don't see why they both wouldn't be on the next one. I'd like to see her work with jack white.
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

#28 lnz

lnz

I'll buy the Rizla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:14 PM

I forgot to say, that article doesn't prove Amy isn't working with Ronson. All it proves is she IS working with Remi. I don't think it means a thing
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

#29 erickonasis

erickonasis

Back 2 Black >

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:09 PM

Just Saw the production credits for B2B...They Both Actually did good work on that album
Posted Image

#30 crol

crol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:32 AM

remembered where i saw that quote bout mark coming to the hospital - it was made by AMY in the ok mag interview

There was talk that you and Mark Ronson had fallen out. Are you still friends?
Yeah. He came to see me when I was in hospital. He said to me: ‘This about the nicest time I’ve had in about three weeks’. And I was like ‘Yeah, me ‘n’ all’. We just get on really well. He’s lovely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users