#16 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:52 PM

Ohhhh......... well, I hope it's true.

I agree with Pablo - Amy has to WANT to do this, and has to be well enough to do it.

i dont think she wouldnt be doing it if she didnt wanted to.. she writes only when she feels she HAS to.. right? i dont think she'd write for money or for fame or because someone's pushing her.. and writing is always a very good thing to anybody so i hope it did/is dioing her some good.
to be well enough to do it its a very different thing tho
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#17 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

i dont think she wouldnt be doing it if she didnt wanted to.. she writes only when she feels she HAS to.. right? i dont think she'd write for money or for fame or because someone's pushing her.. and writing is always a very good thing to anybody so i hope it did/is dioing her some good.
to be well enough to do it its a very different thing tho

Agree with you Brando.

She writes to get things off her chest, so, if she's well, and has nothing to get off her chest, I don't know if she would be writing....maybe "just" doing covers, which would also be wonderful, btw.

This is such good news.

Hyping her songs as "sensational"....puts a lot of pressure on....

Edited by suestev07, 04 November 2008 - 06:18 PM.

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#18 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:32 PM

Contactmusic repeats the same info, then adds this:

Back To Black, which garnered huge critical acclaim, and has sold over 15 million copies to date worldwide

??? maybe that's B2B & Frank combined?
http://www.contactmu...omeback_1085606

#19 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:38 PM

I though it was B2B + Frank = 13 million?
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#20 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:05 PM

ooooo yay this is exciting ppl.
Posted Image
I have been in love with Amy Winehouse since 1st January 2007

#21 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:09 PM

Amazing news! I can't wait!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#22 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

My destructive side has grown a mile wide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:17 PM

This is very good news! Even if fans understand she's going through hell, they're still dying for new material. Hopefully this will shut the naysayers up.
Posted Image

"...All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room."

#23 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:38 AM

A few more comments on Amy from Lucian Grainge.

'Amy's issues part of her charm'

Amy Winehouse's health issues are related in some way to her talent, according to Universal Records boss Lucian Grainge.

Lucian, who was honoured for his contribution to music by the Music Industry Trusts' Award, has nurtured Amy's career - and has apparently confronted her in the past about her drug use.

But speaking at the awards he said the singer's troubles are part of her charm.

"I think part of the issues that Amy has with her health are in a way some of the things that give her the gift and the reverence and the talent and this ability to create and write as she does. We have a very strong relationship and I'm sure she'll be fine," he said, adding that what he had heard of her new material was promising.

He added that he was surprised to hear about Amy's labelmate Katherine Jenkins' former drug use, but denied drugs and the music industry went hand in hand.

"Drugs are in any walk of life, not just the music industry," he said.

Stars such as Girls Aloud, Sugababes, Snow Patrol and the Stereophonics were out to sing Lucian's praises - a situation he said was strange as he is usually in the background.

"It's very strange, some of my friends who I have grown up in the business (with) like Simon Cowell for example. He made that transition (into the world of celebrity) and for me it is different. The artists should be in the front," he said.

http://musicnews.vir...rt_of_her_charm
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#24 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

My destructive side has grown a mile wide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:47 AM

"It's very strange, some of my friends who I have grown up in the business (with) like Simon Cowell for example. He made that transition (into the world of celebrity) and for me it is different. The artists should be in the front," he said.

Thanks for this post. What a refreshing attitude. It's like he's the anti-Simon. lol
Posted Image

"...All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room."

#25 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:53 AM

Maybe Amy will be playing drums on her new album. And doing some of the art work.

'She's also been spending time learning the drums and doing a lot of drawing and sketching in her own time', said our source.

http://www.metro.co....98&in_page_id=7
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#26 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:59 AM

Please don't drum Amy. Your drummers are tight.

Just you and the mic, girl. Amy>>+Mic>>=Magic

#27 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:50 AM

Who0t! DEMOS!! I can't wait to see what comes of them! I just hope Amy's getting well as well. But I'm glad Amy's made it to that demo stage ... my good hopes for Amy are rising!
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#28 Yitzhak Finnegan

Yitzhak Finnegan

Minusaramadad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:56 AM

Please don't drum Amy. Your drummers are tight.

Just you and the mic, girl. Amy>>+Mic>>=Magic

Whoah! If drumming is theraputic for her, either physically or emotionally, more power to her. And if she can demonstrate some talent in that area, it might give the public something to talk about other than her troubles. Doesn't have to be behind the set for a whole show, she can just augment her regular drummer by sitting in during a guitar/sax solo. Audiences will love it.
Does Exist

#29 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:36 AM

yayyy
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#30 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:02 AM

this is good news but... she hasnt just 'reached the demo stage' now!

To prove that her dissipated routines of the past few months hadn’t disrupted this pattern, (Raye) Cosbert played me one of the untitled demo recordings Winehouse made in May during a week she spent at Peter Gabriel’s Real World Studios near Bath with her producer Salaam Remi. It was in the high-energy style of the girl groups of the early 1960s. All things considered, it sounded pretty fresh.

http://entertainment...icle4383952.ece

its funny that after stepping out looking good, every article written about her is positive. she should really do it more often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users