Photo
- - - - -

Mr Paparazzi: It's official - Blake is out!

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#136 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:32 PM

I can understand that people feel frustrated, but she isn't public property, she is human. If people have an issue with her to the point that it illicits nastiness, maybe they should focus their attention on some other area of their life...

Frustration is understandable, but I don't feel like knocking someone down when they are already down, waaaay down.

Amy has given me so much, and I will be forever grateful.

She is a prisoner of her own psyche.

Hopefully, she finds the key to unlock a good life for herself.
  • Love is a losing game likes this
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#137 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:41 PM

Frustration is understandable, but I don't feel like knocking someone down when they are already down, waaaay down.

Amy has given me so much, and I will be forever grateful.

She is a prisoner of her own psyche.

Hopefully, she finds the key to unlock a good life for herself.

So beautifully spoken Sue!!! Thanks for speaking for so many of us who feel likewise. Yes, we get frustrated, but never will I forget the amazement of hearing, really HEARING her music and lyrics for the very first time. It knew then and there I was witness to pure GENIUS.
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#138 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:45 AM

I don't think anyone here is being deliberately cruel towards Amy. We're all fans and we all speak from concern. Some of us, myself included, have reached a point where we feel disappointed and have to say what's on our minds. It may not be easy to hear but it comes from a caring stance, nonetheless.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#139 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:19 PM

The more I think about it, I think I am critical of Amy maybe because I'm not a true "Fan" considering the word "Fanatic"..I was interested to Amy's work at first and not necessarily to Amy's life...I got hooked in the drama, like most of us, but bottom line is the music, the singing.

She has her life, goes through her own shit, like all of us...don't wanna know what is her favourite sweets. Want to hear she is writing, singing. Want her to get better so she is also able to do what she does best.

#140 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:34 PM

I think I am critical of Amy maybe because I'm not a true "Fan"

The 'veteran' posters on here are true fans AND critical of Amy.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#141 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

I didn't meant that I am the only critical! Just saying I see some fans here that are more softer on their views.

#142 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:54 PM

...which is fine, don't get me wrong here! Some are more protective of Amy, some want her to wake up and fast!! Some are caught in between! ALL of this is fine to me!

#143 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:02 PM

Just speaking for myself, I've spent quite a lot of time on here since I joined the forum and I consider myself a 'true fan' (I think most of you that have been around for as long as I have know that). But any 'criticism', and I HAVE defended her, numerous times, is not so much criticism as sheer frustration.

The only way, in my opinion, that she will truly recover from what appears to be a serious drug addiction is to go into a rehab facility for, yes, ten weeks and take it from there.

That's where my frustration lies. She's tried the one-week/ few days here and there, and it doesn't appear to have worked. So my frustration stems from her apparent stubbornness - that is all. I do sympathise very much with her addiction, and I want to emphasize that.

However, what I don't have any time for is the lashing out and/ or hitting people. That's out of line.

So, as much as I love her - love isn't blind for me. I'm just a realist, and it's time for tough love, imo.
"I've got hair like them"

#144 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

Lainey,

I have the same opinion. I feel the same way as you. But sometimes I feel like it is not so well appreciated to show your views, as realistics they can be, or sad as they can be...that's why I just thought that maybe I'm not a true fan, in the sense that I don't feel much empathy for the girl anymore, do you see what I mean? (my english is quite limited..) Anyway, I didn't want to insult people here, saying you veterans are not criticizing Amy...Not at all.

#145 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:17 PM

Cat - don't worry about sharing your opinion - I don't think you've said anything mean! And to me, mean is just wrong, but frustration isn't. It does not make you any less of a fan.
"I've got hair like them"

#146 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

[quote name='catouplik'].I was interested to Amy's work at first and not necessarily to Amy's life...I got hooked in the drama, like most of us, but bottom line is the music, the singing.

She has her life, goes through her own shit, like all of us...don't wanna know what is her favourite sweets. Want to hear she is writing, singing. Want her to get better so she is also able to do what she does best.[/quote]

Agree with all of the above, with the addition of - I would like to hear that she, as a person, is doing well - just out of common compassion that I would have for any human being.

[quote name='catouplik'] The more I think about it, I think I am critical of Amy maybe because I'm not a true "Fan" considering the word "Fanatic".[/quote]

I don't think any of us are Fanatical about her in the old sense of the word.

There’s nothing wrong with being critical. I think you can be critical and be a true fan.

Sometimes we feel the disappointment inside and move on from there, hoping for a better day for her.

And sometimes we feel the disappointment and have to verbalize the frustration for us.

[quote name='catouplik'] Anyway, I didn't want to insult people here, saying you veterans are not criticizing Amy [quote]

[FONT="]We're all different. And we all handle the disappointment/frustration in different ways at different times. We all have difference experiences that probably influence our different levels of tolerance or frustration with Amy’s situation, and our different ways of handling it. That’s all.

[/FONT]
Edit: So sorry about the different size fonts! Boy, did I screw up!!!

Edited by suestev07, 08 November 2008 - 04:44 PM.

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#147 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:23 PM

Maybe I'm just paranoid!!!
Everybody here wants Amy to get better; that's something we all share. This and her music.:)

#148 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

...which is fine, don't get me wrong here! Some are more protective of Amy, some want her to wake up and fast!! Some are caught in between! ALL of this is fine to me!

No worries, I get everything you're saying. I was pointing out that you can be a true fan an be cynical at the same time, that's all!
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#149 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:47 PM

Great to see everyone coming together ... for a long time I felt we were beginning to unravel a bit. But now.. I get it.. we all deal with our frustration in different ways. I feel a unity here I haven't in a long time.. and it feels like "home" again!!!
Girl can sure work us up though... if we didn't care so much.. she wouldn't and COULDN'T have such an effect on us.
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#150 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

I've come to the realization that Amy's not some abnormal drug addict who needs scientific study. She's like millions of people out there who's lives have been destroyed by drugs. Some survive, some don't, unfortunately. I mean, Tina Turner had her drug bout for years in the 1980s. My aunt also had a serious drug and alcohol addiction for years and then got clean. I think we may be hoping for a miracle to quick here. Hopefully, she will recover before its too late.

As for Amy not paying for Blake's rehab, I think its great. It shows she has a backbone and isn't, for once, doing everything just for him. I hope she does move on, as I don't think Blake is any good for her, but that may not be her opinion. If this is true, maybe Amy really is getting herself back together. (?)
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users