103 replies to this topic

#31 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:48 PM

And when will the Brits stop spelling 'jail' like it was the 16th Century? Jeez!

We invented the language! :-P

Sort of..... lol.

If it's good enough for Oscar...... and yes, Chai, that is still an acceptable spelling, albeit rather uncommon :)

#32 Lise

Lise

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:49 PM

This interview brought images in my mind that I didn't wish to have, it's hard to read.

I don't know what to think, because as you mentionned it takes courage to say those things and at the same time, it may be a kind of manipulation.

I just hope that it will help Amy and not make her more desperate.

#33 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:39 PM

Maybe I'm cynical but I think this is simply more melodrama...
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#34 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:29 PM

“Now the most dignified thing I can ever do in my life is to release somebody I love from my f***ing grasp, from my clutches."
That made me think of the old soppy, but very true, saying:
"If you love someone, let them go. If they come back to you then they're yours forever, if they don't, then they were never yours to begin with."
I didn't remember the exact wording, so when I looked it up I found there are lots of modern variations:
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, take its Metallica CD's and throw them on its head from the second-story window. Then change the locks.

#35 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:31 PM

It's both of their faults. Amy should never have asked and taken, and Blake should never have done it and given. Simple. Yes, love is a factor, but do you see everyday love birds falling for drugs? I know when my aunt was on drugs, my uncle didin't give in. Instead, he seperated and got her help. Now she's living with him again and is clean, and my uncle never touched drugs.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#36 erickonasis

erickonasis

Back 2 Black >

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:27 PM

I'd say they're both codependent and suffer from sex and love addiction. Neither condition has anything to do with love. With that going against them they will never make it work. It's best to cut their losses.

Well Said
Posted Image

#37 erickonasis

erickonasis

Back 2 Black >

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

theyve been together on and off for 4 years. pretty sure amy hasnt been a junkie for that long. i

But your missing the point..Blake has been one longer than 4 years..I dont think you know but when your in the process of recovery (if its the right way your supposed to do it) you literally change in to a totally different person. I am happy for Blake that he came out and said this. Right now IMO i dont think its a good thing for them to be together especially when one seems like their mindset is right and the other one isnt.
Posted Image

#38 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:42 PM

I still can't blame Blake.

Me neither.
Now he's said that he introduced Amy to drugs, and really, that isn't anything new. But I don't hate him for it. It was very foolish of him, yes, but it was just as foolish of Amy to follow him. If what Blake said is true, Amy wanted to try it herself so it's not like Blake forced it upon her. Also, can you expect a drug addict to know better?
I'm not mad at him.

I really hope that they'll be able to be a normal couple one day and live happily ever after. There are enough bad signs, but I still think they are meant to be together. I'm sure it's never going to be that simple, but I'm still going to hope for it.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#39 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:03 PM

Emotional manipulation, or absolute honesty? Only time will tell...

I'd really like to believe he's sincere, but on the other hand he probably got well paid (this is NOTW after all), and it might be his attempt to get something out of the marriage, if reports were true about Amy meeting with lawyers and trying to keep her money away from him.

This part worries me:

I know drug dealers are still supplying her.

Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

#40 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:36 PM

I'd say they're both codependent and suffer from sex and love addiction. Neither condition has anything to do with love. With that going against them they will never make it work. It's best to cut their losses.

Amen, Phil. I think Blake and Amy were in love with BEING IN love, and with the lifestyle that afforded them to become "The 24 hour Party People". The interview was very contradictory. Of course he's going to say that he wasn't with anyone, of course he's going to save face. Winehouse has millions of fans, around the world, and he's being painted as the asshole. I don't buy into that bullshit of him being this Svengali and she, the innocent naif. Right now, homeboy is on survival mode in this melodrama.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#41 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

“Now the most dignified thing I can ever do in my life is to release somebody I love from my f***ing grasp, from my clutches."
"If you love someone, let them go. If they come back to you then they're yours forever, if they don't, then they were never yours to begin with."
I didn't remember the exact wording, so when I looked it up I found there are lots of modern variations:
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, take its Metallica CD's and throw them on its head from the second-story window. Then change the locks.

I think the quote goes:
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was.

But thanks Alan for bringing a smile to my face on an otherwise very sad day.
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#42 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:23 PM

I think the quote goes:
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was.

And thank you Sundy, beautiful quote. Hope you're ok.
What kind of fuckery is this

#43 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:40 PM

I think what really bothers me about this is - WHY did he feel the need to speak to the media about this? Not only that, but to speak to the NOTW, for crying out loud - which, along with The Sun has probably printed more b---ks about Amy than any other publications put together. Can't he and Amy just deal with their relationship in private?

I don't want to hear from anyone - not Mitch, not Janis, not Blake or his Mum. It doesn't do any good - and it's impossible to figure out what's truth and what's fiction. Her private life has basically eclipsed her music in the media, and it sucks, big time. And this eclipse is just prolonged any time one of Amy's loved ones goes to the papers.

Argh.
"I've got hair like them"

#44 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:01 PM

whoa, reading that was .. dunno, heart breaking :( i'd really like to believe he's saying the truth, that he's being sincere..

I'm not saying i completely think this isnt true..But I guess only actions would do the trick for me.

i agree with you, lainey, i'd just like for them to stop trying to make public every detail.. like, for example, if they really broke up, and then, lets suppose the divorce has been signed, thats all they should say. nothing more. no drama, no interviews, no nada. even better if they didnt say a thing. for christ sake, everyone can know how their relationships going! and we dont even know if its all true! they dont need to make of this situation a mexican telenovela!! (a soap opera-?- for anyone who's watched a mexican one (i find them really amusing lol), cause thats what it feels like to me.. :()

oh well, patience..

Edited by veronika, 30 November 2008 - 11:54 PM.

Posted Image

#45 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

My destructive side has grown a mile wide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:12 PM

I think the quote goes:

Both well said. :)

Another variation I've heard:

If you love something let it go. If it comes back to you it's yours. If it doesn't, go after it with a .44 Magnum.

All kidding aside, I still don't know what to think. Blake sounds sincere, but it could all be damage control. Anyone who has been in that kind of love, the destructive, all-consuming, dysfunctional love knows that it rarely ends well.
Posted Image

"...All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users