135 replies to this topic

#61 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

My destructive side has grown a mile wide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:36 AM

Wow, your aunt sounds like she was a pretty cool lady. You've got quite an interesting family history! :) I was always taught that if your mother is Jewish, then you're automatically Jewish, but if your father is Jewish and your mother is not then you are not. My grandma swears by this, which made dating hell. :D
Posted Image

"...All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room."

#62 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:42 AM

Wow, your aunt sounds like she was a pretty cool lady. You've got quite an interesting family history! :) I was always taught that if your mother is Jewish, then you're automatically Jewish, but if your father is Jewish and your mother is not then you are not. My grandma swears by this, which made dating hell. :D

Yeah I was taught that too! I've been meaning to research my family history more, see what ever became of my family back in Hungary, visit Auschwitz, and learn some Hebrew. Those are my personal goals for me to achieve by the time I'm 30. I think its very important for one to know one's heritage and family history, because it gives one a better perspective on life.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#63 GoFunkYourself

GoFunkYourself

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:22 AM

The "Jewish Guy" that was at Amy's door looks INCREDIBLY like her ex-boyfriend ALEX CLAIRE (the one she left for Blake).

Posted Image

I could be wrong...

#64 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:19 AM

The "Jewish Guy" that was at Amy's door looks INCREDIBLY like her ex-boyfriend ALEX CLAIRE (the one she left for Blake).

Posted Image

I could be wrong...

omg, this is uncanny. could this be more than a coincidence? hmm....
personally, i think he's cuter than Blake...

#65 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

^^WOW That is uncanny! Maybe its him (?)...
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#66 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

Yup, that sure looks like Alex.... here's hoping.

#67 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:26 PM

He does look like the very same person, doesn't him? His clothes on the picture with Amy are VERY cool!
Posted Image

#68 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

Posted Image

I could be wrong...

wow, you're right, it is him!
how cool would it be if she...;)

#69 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:25 PM

Hold on! Didn't he do one of those classy kiss & tell on her a while back??
Posted Image

#70 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

Maybe he wants her to nearly drown him in the bathtub again. Kinky.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#71 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:43 PM

I was thinking it was him as well, but no one said anything and I have a miserable visual memory so supposed I was wrong.

On my mom's side, too. Now I'm only about an eight Jewish, but its still something!

As a matter of fact, I only discovered my Jewish side (my mom almost forgot we were part Jewish lol as she had been raised Catholic) when I was about 13. We discovered in our basement family collections a really old Torah (in book form, with gold-edged pages) that belonged to my great-great aunt, Anna M. Rosenberg.

Anna Rosenberg was born in Budapest and later moved to the States when her father's business failed (party due to anti-semitism and the decrepit economy from WWI). She later became the first woman and first Jewish person to receive the Medal of Freedom and serve as the Assistant to the Secretary of Defense. She once worked for the US Presidents from the 40s to the late 60s. She married Paul Hoffman (second husband), who was a key member who helped found the Marshall Plan.

Just a bit of my family history! ;)

Wow, really cool that you know all that. I know nothing about my family, wish I did but I wouldn't know where to start. My last name is uncommon but there are some people with this name in the US and France (know that thanks to Facebook).
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#72 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

My destructive side has grown a mile wide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

omg, this is uncanny. could this be more than a coincidence? hmm....
personally, i think he's cuter than Blake...

Me too. I remember thinking that when she left him for Blake. I was like, "Wow, she left this guy for that? Dude must have a great personality." 8-/
Posted Image

"...All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room."

#73 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

judging by the photo that surfaced a couple of months ago
it wasn't his personality :P
Posted Image
AmyAmyAmy - She So Good She Dangerous
★I Wanna Light You On Fire, Show You How Hot You Are★

#74 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

I was thinking it was him as well, but no one said anything and I have a miserable visual memory so supposed I was wrong.

Wow, really cool that you know all that. I know nothing about my family, wish I did but I wouldn't know where to start. My last name is uncommon but there are some people with this name in the US and France (know that thanks to Facebook).

Online family tree sites are a great way to start (http://www.ancestry.com/). Also, check out your local library. They should know something about where to find out about your family. :)
Posted Image

#75 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

You know what I think? I think if that little twat and Blake do "it," her family will, as a "coincidence," reveal that she's not 16, but 15, and try to get some money or fame out of it. Something like that.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users