135 replies to this topic

#76 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

Online family tree sites are a great way to start (http://www.ancestry.com/). Also, check out your local library. They should know something about where to find out about your family. :)

Thanks! I'm going to try and find a free website though. My last name isn't pronounced as it is written and therefore there are probably three different ways of writing it going around, but I'll see where I get.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#77 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

Wow that's Alex on the picture. I didn't even notice it. Thanks for pointing that out! Hmmm ... I didn't see him around Amy for a while. I wonder what that means ... Doesn't seem as if the media noticed it though.
"FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE"
Janis Joplin

Posted Image

#78 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

He does look like the very same person, doesn't him? His clothes on the picture with Amy are VERY cool!

I love those jackets with the tartan lining. CLASSIC!

Go funk yourself, if that IS Alex, and it sure looks like him, that's bloody good detective work! Well done!
"I've got hair like them"

#79 Zammo

Zammo

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

Hi all

I live in Barnet so was very surprised to hear that Amy has moved hear, especially considering the place is a cultural desert with very few pubs and not much of anything else either. But I suppose it is only a short distance from Camden and central London and she'll no doubt be chauffeur driven there.

I think her house is likely to be in Hadley Wood as there are some massive mansions there (the boxer Lenox Lewis owns one), bigger even than the one she has bought. I think I will know for definate where she has moved to when I next see my driving instructor (I think on Tuesday) as he has literally driven around the whole of Barnet and the surrounding villages for many years.

I wonder if I'll ever bump into her down the pub,? Lol.

#80 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

My destructive side has grown a mile wide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

Hi all

I live in Barnet so was very surprised to hear that Amy has moved hear, especially considering the place is a cultural desert with very few pubs and not much of anything else either. But I suppose it is only a short distance from Camden and central London and she'll no doubt be chauffeur driven there.

I think her house is likely to be in Hadley Wood as there are some massive mansions there (the boxer Lenox Lewis owns one), bigger even than the one she has bought. I think I will know for definate where she has moved to when I next see my driving instructor (I think on Tuesday) as he has literally driven around the whole of Barnet and the surrounding villages for many years.

I wonder if I'll ever bump into her down the pub,? Lol.

That would be really nice to run into her somewhere like a local pub. Maybe you could shoot pool with her. :)

Btw, welcome to the board.
Posted Image

"...All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room."

#81 Zammo

Zammo

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

Yeah I'll make sure not to ask her for a photograph!

#82 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

I think it's safe to ask for a photograph... just don't ask if your friend can pose too :D

Welcome to the board!
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#83 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

cool zammo. keep us posted if you would!!

#84 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

Welcome, Zammo; enjoy AWF :)

#85 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:03 AM

Great to here!

Welcome, Zammo, and enjoy the forum! :D
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#86 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

http://www.times-ser...1/?type=display

Andre Christoudoulou, seven, made a special trip to the gated property on Saturday to deliver a handwritten card that read: “Welcome to Hadley Wood. Relax and have fun.”
Andre said: "I really like Amy's music and want to go to theatre school myself when I'm older.
"I think the young people around here really want her to be here."

http://www.times-ser...ouse_to_Barnet/

#87 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

'Welcome to Hadley Wood. Relax and Have Fun' Awww, bless him - that is so sweet!
"I've got hair like them"

#88 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

How can Amy not feel at home after that?
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#89 Merlin

Merlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:49 PM

aww thats so naice Posted Image

#90 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members