#902 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

mitchwinehouse mitch winehouse
I am reading your tweets. I cannot believe so much love exists in the world. Thank you all so much. mitch

We have to turn our grief into action. help me to get the government to fund a juvenile rehab centre. Mitch

there is not one juvenile rehab centre in the whole of the uk. together we can change this. help us.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#903 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

18 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply » mitchwinehouse mitch winehouse
I am Having meeting tomorrow at the home office. I have a real sense that they want to change. Why else would they want to see me?

#904 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

I know most of you won't agree with me, but I think it's completely wrong to link Amy's name to drugs or rehab now she's not here anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Mitch intentions are good, and it's very kind of him to try helping other people who are suffering as her daughter did. But Amy didn't became famous because of the drugs; she became famous because she had the most amazing of the talents and because she change the musical world with just ONE album when she was only 23. And it's exactly that we should remember Amy for: her music. It's really nice to help people, but don't you think it would be amazing if Amy's name was only related to music? Wouldn't it be better if they continue with her record company promoting young jazz and soul singers? Amy's legacy should continue, with Dionne and with other artists who love Amy and are waiting for a chance to show their talent.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#905 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:33 PM

I am reading your tweets. I cannot believe so much love exists in the world. Thank you all so much. mitch

We have to turn our grief into action. help me to get the government to fund a juvenile rehab centre. Mitch

there is not one juvenile rehab centre in the whole of the uk. together we can change this. help us.

That's insane. What - are kids supposed to go to rehab with adults? I'm with Mitch on this one. Go Mitch!
"I've got hair like them"

#906 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

I agree with Mitch as far as the whole juvenile rehab centre. Sounds like a great idea.

I also agree with LadyAmy with the fact that it should be about the music when it comes to Amy. I understand how the drugs and stuff and Amy's story may show people that it's better to get better but I just wish it was called "The Winehouse Foundation" instead of "AMY WINEHOUSE." Amy's not here to speak on behalf of the program or share her personal story/struggle but I understand Mitch's intentions completely.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#907 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:35 AM

I agree with Mitch as far as the whole juvenile rehab centre. Sounds like a great idea.

I also agree with LadyAmy with the fact that it should be about the music when it comes to Amy. I understand how the drugs and stuff and Amy's story may show people that it's better to get better but I just wish it was called "The Winehouse Foundation" instead of "AMY WINEHOUSE." Amy's not here to speak on behalf of the program or share her personal story/struggle but I understand Mitch's intentions completely.

So, the name of the place is seriously going to be "Amy Winehouse"?? I agree with you, why wouldn't he call it "The Winehouse Foundation" or "The Amy Winehouse Foundation"?

That's kind of messed up to directly associate her name with drug/alcohol. I love Mitch as a person, but really, the name of choice was NOT a smart move on his part.

#908 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

It probably will be called 'The Amy Winehouse Foundation' don't forget that twitter messages are restricted to 140 character so he probably left the 'the' off.

#909 Venga

Venga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:18 AM

It probably will be called 'The Amy Winehouse Foundation' don't forget that twitter messages are restricted to 140 character so he probably left the 'the' off.

I think it is a great idea. We all know how talented Amy was, that goes without saying. I am very relieved that Mitch has taken hold of the reigns with this project. It could easily have ended up as The Alex Foden Foundation, who "claims" to have been clean for 4 years and also "claims" it was Amy that got him into drugs!! Some of us know that is not the case on both counts. I also think Mitch knows it as well.
GO MITCH!

#910 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

I think it is important to remember that once upon a time, I remember it being a 'dirty little secret that came to light' when Betty Ford admitted that she had a drinking/pill problem that stemmed from a bad back injury and dealing with that pain as she was on the campaign trail. Now look what the Betty Ford Clinic has become, and how she has helped so many people. I was young then, but I can even remember my mother being shocked and kind of treating it like it was something shameful she had done. People think differently now.

I happen to think that with time, this will not only help so many young people, just as BFC has done, but it will also perhaps some think of her in a different light. we all know how hard and painful it is to read YT comments, or article comments on her that are so brutal..it really hurts. Maybe this can change minds of some coldhearted folks in time. I sure hope so. would hate to think that her 'legacy' as others who are not fans would just see her as someone that sang, was a trainwreck waiting to happen, and died from booze and drugs. Let her not die in vain. hope this helps.

also on a sidenote: I think the fact that Mitch is diving into this is very cathartic for him. he has had a vision and has been striving to get there since '09.

Now I am going to make one selfish statement: I happen to LOVE Mitch's voice and am a huge fan of his also. he sounds to me alot like Bobby Darren. I really hope that he does not hang up his singing....I would surely miss hearing his voice and seeing his videos. There really is a thirst for 'his kind' of music..maybe not to the very young folk, but for folks like me that fall into this 'odd' category. ok, selfishnish over with.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#911 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:57 AM

http://twitter.com/#...840076630036480
http://twitter.com/#...840480902221825

mitch is actually having to send people their cheques back because of this idiot. has he been accurately identified? i'm not above sending him an email or something asking him to do the right thing, would probably fall on deaf ears im sure.

media pressure would be great too.

#912 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

Come on let's do it here is a list of UK newspaper email addresses:

http://www.mediahell...s.htm#addresses

Newpapers on twitter:

http://www.mediauk.c.../titles/twitter

Edited by Jayne, 20 August 2011 - 10:55 AM.

#913 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

Have you seen the latest tweets poor Mitch I feel for him:

Our solicitors are all over this, but it takes time. Meanwhile we can't get on with foundation.
8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet

This person was offering to sell name on website. We have got this withdrawn.
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

He was also trying to get in touch with Blake to set up the foundation. Blake? Can you imagine?
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

#914 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:18 AM

I have a twitter account fellas:
http://twitter.com/#!/SofiaVisenjou

<3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#915 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Mitch:

Dionne, Zalon, ade and maybe me.
4 minutes ago

We WiLL be arranging an Amy charity concert real soon. Mitch
6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users