• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#76 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:04 AM

can somebody tell me who is the singer of those two songs and the name of the songs, please?

This is the 2nd one in the video, and the one in the article that they play along with, Mitch on drums, Amy on guitar.
Gene Chandler - Daddy's Home

#77 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:09 AM

I just have this sinking feeling that, despite her recent progress, Amy is still very far from being well.

totally agree with you. it's plain to see she's not ready for performing, and i wonder if she's even recording. i really hope she doesn't humiliate herself further by performing at Shepards Bush

#78 winehouseb2b

winehouseb2b

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

from the NY Post.

All I need in life are these three words. Amy. Winehouse. Documentary.

That just happened.

Today, Amy Winehouse's peeps posted a note on her Myspace blog stating, "Amy and her family will be the subject of a new documentary later this year from respected Israeli-American interviewer Daphne Barak." So not only do we get the A-Wine but we get the whole freakin' family vineyard!

The blog post just kept getting better, too, since it goes on to say that "the journalist spent time with Amy and her family recently on St. Lucia and in true honest to goodness Amy style, the doc will be a truthful and revealing look at her complicated life." So all that riff-raff that was going down the past few months during Amy-cation is documented.

http://blogs.nypost....house_book.html

Edited by winehouseb2b, 19 May 2009 - 07:27 PM.

Posted Image

#79 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

i'm sorry, who posted that?

edit: ah i didnt see the link, but i still dont get who wrote that.

Edited by brando, 19 May 2009 - 09:19 PM.

The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#80 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:06 AM

i'm sorry, who posted that?

edit: ah i didnt see the link, but i still dont get who wrote that.

Ryan Brockington on May 19, 2009 2:01 PM
was under the article.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#81 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:18 AM

I saw somewhere recently, maybe it was in Daphne Barak's diary, where Mitch said he has accepted that he has "no influence" over Amy's life. I was kind of stunned when I read that. I could understand limited influence, but none? That seems strange given how close they are to each other. But maybe that just shows what a tight grasp her problems have on her.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#82 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:10 AM

I saw somewhere recently, maybe it was in Daphne Barak's diary, where Mitch said he has accepted that he has "no influence" over Amy's life. I was kind of stunned when I read that. I could understand limited influence, but none? That seems strange given how close they are to each other. But maybe that just shows what a tight grasp her problems have on her.

If it was in Daphne Barak's diary, well let's just say I give it about as much credence as I would had I read it in The Sun.
Underneath all of her problems, you have to know Amy loves her Father very very much.
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#83 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:42 AM

I think she just wants to live her life. Career aside, she needs down time just like any other human being. I think St. Lucia was a major step of improvement. She's off drugs but clearly there's a deeper issue than just drinking too much. She knows what those issues are and it's up to her to straighten them out.

Now, my thing with the record label is that she was supposedly supposed to record several EPs before her next LP.That's what was said during the intercom interview. What happened to that?

They need to kind of back off and allow her to do the things she needs to do to build back up to the artist they want her to be. Let her record the damn reggae album. I hate how it's not even up to the fans, the people who support her to determine rather her music is good or not. Let her fail.

#84 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:13 AM

Mitch is permanently on tenterhooks about his daughter.

He said: ‘I’m worried when I get a phone call form her or her security, because I don’t know what bad news I may get. But when I don’t hear from her, I’m worried as well.’

http://www.dailymail...doing-good.html
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#85 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

Whether good or bad , its nice to see that she has her parents invovled with her life.
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#86 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:53 AM

New Winehouse Doc Sure to be One Giant Step Back for Mankind
By The Cajun Boy, 11:28 PM on Wed May 20 2009

Yesterday it was announced that Daphne Barak, a bleach-blonde Israeli-American "interviewer" whose kooky website touts her "exclusive interviews with A-list celebs, Hollywood stars, royals and heads-of-state," is doing a documentary featuring Amy Winehouse and her family, "a truthful and revealing look at her complicated life." This is just sad.

Tentatively titled, "Saving Amy," the project was announced on Winehouse's Myspace page:

Amy and her family will be the subject of a new documentary later this year from respected Israeli-American interviewer Daphne Barak whose subjects over the years have included celebrities, royalty, world leaders, and international personalities. The journalist spent time with Amy and her family recently on St. Lucia and in true honest to goodness Amy style the doc will be a truthful and revealing look at her complicated life.

My initial reaction to having read this was the following—-"Who are these people?" I mean really, where does one find such a family, a clan who, while one of its members' lives is in the midst of a years-long spiraling out of control session, comes together and all says, "Hey...let's film all of this!" Seriously, where do families like the Winehouses come from? Are they pod people sent here from another galaxy to slowly destroy us? I've known some fucked up families in my day, hell we all do, but I can't wrap my brain around this for the life of me. What are they hoping to achieve by showing the world the day to day struggles of a family member with horrendous addiction issues?

Over the weekend I was having drinks with a friend when the subject of the Farrah Fawcett cancer documentary that aired last Friday on NBC came up in conversation. I mentioned how initially I'd planned to watch it, but in the end decided not to, mainly because of all that I'd read about how seemingly everyone in her life was squabbling over the film—-Fighting over credits, money, airtime, etc.—-Having knowledge of all of this only served to make an already heartbreaking situation all the more heartbreaking, and I just couldn't bring myself to watch it.

I mentioned my belief that the whole Farrah dying of cancer thing was sort of a unique moment in the history of American pop culture, that her's will go do as arguably the most documented celebrity death to date. I mentioned my admiration for Farrah, a former pinup model and sex symbol, for having the courage to allow herself to be filmed during the final stages of human decay. It was then that my friend said something (Are you paying attention Maureen Dowd?) that really stuck with me, like I can't seem to get it out of my head, and it was this:

"Don't feel sorry for Farrah Fawcett...she's just another celebrity desperate for attention and this whole thing is just a way to get people talking about her again, now and long after she's gone. Same for all the people in her life...they see the gravy train about to run off the cliff and they're just trying to loot it for all its worth before it crashes."

Now, initially, I was sort of shocked at the extreme level of cynicism inherent in a comment like that, it struck me to the point of almost rendering me speechless, and I kind of refused to believe it, but as more and more time passed and I couldn't seem to get that thought out of my head, I found myself thinking that maybe there was some truth in what my friend had said.

And then I came across this Winehouse story and it really served to reinforce what my friend said over the weekend and also helped to accelerate my ever so slow conversion to her horribly cynical way of thinking. This situation reminded me so much of Farrah Fawcett's—-You really do almost get the feeling that her family and friends see the end coming and they want to get what they can out of her while they still can. I mean, if you love Amy Winehouse and really want to save her, then get to work fucking saving her! I can't imagine that there's any way having a documentary film crew around is going to enhance those efforts. Of course, this all could be a terribly misguided theory and their intentions may be for the best (What the fuck that is is anyone's guess!), but it sure just seems so plain wrong, not to mention sad beyond words.

If this sort of thing is that goes into being a celebrity in the modern world, why the fuck would anyone aspire to it? Complete anonymity and the human relationship pureness that it tends to bring sure seems to be such a more attractive life option, doesn't it?

http://gawker.com/52...ack-for-mankind

#87 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:53 AM

oops! article so good i posted twice! damn computas!

Edited by Alan48, 21 May 2009 - 04:45 AM.

#88 shaylaxtx

shaylaxtx

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:31 AM

^ yea this:

"You really do almost get the feeling that her family and friends see the end coming and they want to get what they can out of her while they still can. I mean, if you love Amy Winehouse and really want to save her, then get to work fucking saving her! I can't imagine that there's any way having a documentary film crew around is going to enhance those efforts. Of course, this all could be a terribly misguided theory and their intentions may be for the best (What the fuck that is is anyone's guess!), but it sure just seems so plain wrong, not to mention sad beyond words."

really sums up how i feel about the whole thing. it's sad that even the people closest to her like her family are willing to exploit her like this.

#89 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:43 AM

the more i read about it, the more disgusting it gets.
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#90 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:37 AM

I think its one of those things a parent says when they're tired, exasperated...you know when you often hear a parent says, "that child will be the death of me!" I don't think he meant it, but I'm sure he was feeling frustrated and that his efforts were going unnoticed.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users