85 replies to this topic

#46 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

Eminem sounds exactly like what he is.... A white guy TRYING to rap.
Never cared much for his vocal style. Thats my 2 cents worth.;-)
Have a good labor day weekend.
Lol

Sorry to get off topic again guys but I just have to say this :-/

What an ignorant statement...>:-(

He sounds like a "white guy TRYING to rap" . That makes absolutely NO SENSE. I can understand if your not a fan or he is not your style or anything but in what way does that comment make sense? What does being white have to do with anything? Are only black guys allowed to rap?:-S

There is a difference between not liking someone(which is perfectly fine) and saying something that makes no sense. He and Vanilla Ice are nothing ALIKE. THERE are dozens and DOZENS of quotes by his peers in hip hop praising him(even from nobel prize winners) and I guarentee you will not find any sort of quote like that for someone like Vanilla Ice.

How would it sound if I said Amy Jade Winehouse sounds like a white Jewish girl TRYING to sing jazz like a black woman ????>:-(

I guess you think Larry Bird was a white guy TRYING to play basketball

Would their be a double standard then? People nowadays cannot seem to dislike an artist without showing ignorance in some way.

Edited by LegendJJ, 30 August 2011 - 07:13 PM.

#47 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

You guys don't get it and probably haven't listen to his serious work and just judging by the few videos songs you've seen is not that smart.

As LegendJJ said, it's one thing not to like him and it's completely different stating he is trying to rap or all he is about is hating everyone.

You are like these guys saying nasty things about Amy without having a clue. But anyway i think there is no point in discussing it.

60do5Ti.jpg

#48 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

Sorry to get off topic again guys but I just have to say this :-/

What an ignorant statement...>:-(

He sounds like a "white guy TRYING to rap" . That makes absolutely NO SENSE. I can understand if your not a fan or he is not your style or anything but in what way does that comment make sense? What does being white have to do with anything? Are only black guys allowed to rap?:-S

I'm sure you know TONS of info about him from the THREE to FIVE VIDEOS you watched of him.

There is a difference between not liking someone(which is perfectly fine) and saying something that makes no sense. He and Vanilla Ice are nothing ALIKE. THERE are dozens and DOZENS of quotes by his peers in hip hop praising him(even from nobel prize winners) and I guarentee you will not find any sort of quote like that for someone like Vanilla Ice.

How would it sound if I said Amy Jade Winehouse sounds like a white Jewish girl TRYING to rap ????>:-(

I guess you think Larry Bird was a white guy TRYING to play basketball

Would their be a double standard then? People nowadays cannot seem to dislike an artist without showing ignorance in some way

Edit: SORRY for the DOUBLE POST. Computer giving trouble..

Wow I sure did not mean to upset you. I am very familar with Eminem.
White was not an extreme statement, I happen to love the Beastie Boys.
What does Larry Bird have to do with it ( My husband and i happen to be big fans of his) What does Amy have to do with it . If that made a difference I would not have joined this forum!!! Why are you soooo angry? I thought we were entitled to our views?? I'm new here, I did not think posting would evoke so much anger, I think you took me wrong.
WOW!!! Please excuse me. I happen to be jewish . I also have black and white relatives. WOW again. Hope the rest of your day is better.

#49 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

Wow I sure did not mean to upset you. I am very familar with Eminem.
White was not an extreme statement, I happen to love the Beastie Boys.
What does Larry Bird have to do with it ( My husband and i happen to be big fans of his) What does Amy have to do with it . If that made a difference I would not have joined this forum!!! Why are you soooo angry? I thought we were entitled to our views?? I'm new here, I did not think posting would evoke so much anger, I think you took me wrong.
WOW!!! Please excuse me. I happen to be jewish . I also have black and white relatives. WOW again. Hope the rest of your day is better.

Don't take it personal. I just get passionate in discussions LOL. I DON'T MEAN ANYTHING AGAINST YOU.

Btw what I said about Amy was suppose to say how would it sound if I said she sounds like a white jewish girl trying to sing jazz.....I put "rap" by accident.

Amy only has to do with it because I'm using her as an example with your point about him sounding like a white guy trying to rap. I'm making a point by using her as an example with her being a white jewish jazz singer.

Your missing the point with my examples.....

If your jewish, that still doesn't really change my point. I said how do you think it would sound if someone brought up something like how "amy sounds like a white jewish girl trying to sing jazz"

Also like myself and Dani said there is a difference between having an opinion and being entitled to views....and saying things that aren't true.

The Larry Bird and Amy comparisons aren't that hard to understand. If you go back and read your post you will understand the point iim trying to make.

Once again NOTHING IS WRONG with not liking him. I have friends that aren't into him. The point is when people say things thayt aren't true or make no sense

#50 leannaf

leannaf

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

i think eminem is rubbish i liked him way back in 2001 with please stand up i was like 13 then and he is still doing the same kind of beat words etc now its boring and why does he always feel the need to bring celebs in to his music to try get the attention as his music wont do it alone.
and i suspect hes mentioning amy in hope to sell more records.
but thas just my view B-)

#51 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

Ah. I made a mistake. This thread would be better closed... If you liked him for "The real slim shady" you know nothing about him.

Mentioning Amy in hope to sell records?? Do you know he is the best selling artist of the decade?

Yeah i think all the respect he has from so many people in the industry doesn't worth a shit. I can't get it. Why all the hate?

60do5Ti.jpg

#52 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

i think eminem is rubbish i liked him way back in 2001 with please stand up i was like 13 then and he is still doing the same kind of beat words etc now its boring and why does he always feel the need to bring celebs in to his music to try get the attention as his music wont do it alone.
and i suspect hes mentioning amy in hope to sell more records.
but thas just my view B-)

Yeah......he said ONE line about amy when Recovery came out June of last year because he wanted to sell records. The first single was "Not Afraid".....most people didn't notice when he mentioned Amy on Recovery last year....so how is he trying to sell records?

He's already the highest selling rapper of all time....and whether he lives tomorrow or dies....he will end up being the first rapper to sell 100 million worldwide.

He says things to push buttons and to give you "tongue in cheek". Stop thinking everything is to sell records....You don't think he can easily be richer if he wanted to? He's the highest selling rapper and is always LOW on forbes because money isn't really his main priority. So you keep on thinking...he is trying to sell records

Sure maybe when he is at 99 million worldwide...he will want to sell to reach the 100 million mark as a milestone....but what artist wouldn't.

You guys keep judging him from "my name is" and "the real slim shady"....and keep on wondering why people only judged Amy for "Rehab". The double standard is appalling.

#53 Jaede~

Jaede~

Fanks Daaaarling~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

Eminem always seemed like a very angry man to me. e.e
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#54 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

Eminem always seemed like a very angry man to me. e.e

True. Your right about that. I can tell from his Jonathan Ross interviews in 2009 and 2010 that he is always angry

#55 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:20 AM

The Amy thing wasn't that bad but he clearly has serious issues with women. Look at the songs he made about Mariah Carey and look at songs he made about murdering his ex wife. I admit he is a talented rapper and I enjoy some of his songs. I also do have some respect for him beating his addiction but he clearly has some issues.
Mike from NY, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Sep 2007.

#56 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:40 AM

The Amy thing wasn't that bad but he clearly has serious issues with women. Look at the songs he made about Mariah Carey and look at songs he made about murdering his ex wife. I admit he is a talented rapper and I enjoy some of his songs. I also do have some respect for him beating his addiction but he clearly has some issues.

I don't mind people criticizing him. What Mike said I actually don't mind because it has some truth in it somewhaT. He even admitted it somewhat. In RollingStone...he said something about how its hard to meet women in his position because of his fame,etc(I assume he meant civilian women) when the interviewer asked about his dating life.....but I don't think he is telling the truth.

I mean he dated Brittney Murphy for a short time. ...AND I do believe he was telling the truth about Mariah.

I just think the real reason is he is afraid of a relationship with a celeb(or civilian) because he is afraid of what he will happen. Yes I do agree with him having some deep issues being insecure. But a lot of artists are

Even though he is my favorite artist and I like him, I hate some of the things he does sometimes. ...musically and just personal things he does.

As crazy as this sounds I think getting sober the past several years has definately made it harder for him to hide his issues. I definately think he has some mental issues(not a doctor so can't say specifically what exactly).

Lol Jay or Kanye needs to hook him up with someone that matches up with him and that can help with his issuess

He fixed his drug abuse.....HE NEEDS to fix his mental issues now

Ps. Btw good job Mike I appreciate your comment for giving your honest thoughts(that had a lot of truth in it) instead of just making a post completely tearing him down.

#57 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:47 AM

As crazy as this sounds I think getting sober the past several years has definately made it harder for him to hide his issues. I definately think he has some mental issues(not a doctor so can't say specifically what exactly).

almost every addict has mental illness underneath(phil raises hand) you don't get sober and life's all well and good. getting clean is the first step and you become an absolute rookie at real life because you've never faced it sober. so yeah, his issues will surface. it ain't easy but good for him.

#58 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:48 AM

Even though as I've said on here that I am upset for discovering Amy way too late....I really wish she could have had a comeback story like Em did. I'm not just talking music wise....but addiction wise. I'm not talking about the drugs....but her trouble with alcohol.

Even though I wasn't following her until it was too late....I ALWAYS appreciate a good comeback story for musicians.

She deserved to have it. TWO albums...even though they have excellent material is wayyyyy to short.

It really is true that these great artists always have some sort of mental issues

GREAT Talent PLUS Mental Issues= GENIUS

#59 leannaf

leannaf

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:59 AM

I never judged him on one song i use to be like his biggest fan hasd all his albums etc watched the film there was some good tracks on 8 mile... but i dont like him now its either because i have grew up or hes gone downhill abit! I just find his songs boring to me . o like rap i like any kond of music bit i actually prefer prof green or devlin to hom ive jusy got bored of eminem and thats my view im entitlted to it not every one likes him

#60 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

I never judged him on one song i use to be like his biggest fan hasd all his albums etc watched the film there was some good tracks on 8 mile... but i dont like him now its either because i have grew up or hes gone downhill abit! I just find his songs boring to me . o like rap i like any kond of music bit i actually prefer prof green or devlin to hom ive jusy got bored of eminem and thats my view im entitlted to it not every one likes him

Oh here we go. I said before that NOTHING is wrong if your not a fan with him. I repeated that more than once. I wasn't stopping anyone from having their own taste or point of view or forcing them to like him.

I was just responding when people said silly things like he sounds like a "white guy TRYING to rap".

Once AGAIn. I never said its a problem not to be a fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users