107 replies to this topic

#106 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:17 AM

It does make some sense. It's an addiction, so if you don't get your fix you'll get withdrawal symptoms. When you smoke again after a while the symptoms will be relieved and you'll feel better. And that could be interpreted as a relieve of stress.

Lol, this is the Allen Carr school of thought; that it only relieves a stress you created by starting to smoke in the first place :) It's a chicken and egg thing.

His philosophy makes perfect sense to me. I didn't even want to quit, but felt stupid still smoking after I read what he had to say. I no longer consider myself an addictive person anyway, but I never had a shred of trouble quitting the fags.

My father, on the other hand, read the entire thing, nodding thoughtfully... whilst puffing on a roll up or 60 (no prizes for guessing what he died of)!

#107 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

Carr's right of course haha but it still makes people feel better.. unfortunately.

Haha! My dad read his book as well, but don't think he quit. He later went on some sort of survival trip and did some crazy stuff. He quit after that, because it just seemed like a joke to him haha.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#108 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:36 PM

That's pretty inspirng; good for him!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users