Photo
- - - - -

Amy's 26th Birthday

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#61 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:51 AM

It would of course be great if something was done, but to my shame, practicality is not my strongest point, so I'll be grateful to those who'll come up with something feasible.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#62 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:24 AM

What other ideas where there? x

I don't know. The piece of art, sweets,... Did we have other ideas?

But I was thinking we could kind of re-create the ideas on there, like somebody could design the box or bag for us (Im useless!) then fill it with her favourite selection of sweets? Because we could make it more personal?

I like this idea. Unfortunately I have no creativity in me and two left hands. Is there anyone who is good at it and is willing to do this? (You don't have to pay for it all though)

Or we can order from one of these two sites. I suggest that if we don't find anyone who can make a nice box him/herself by tomorrow, we order from here?
https://www.lovehear....prod_cat_id=13
Or
http://www.handycand....218ac8496a0e51

If there are other ideas, post it here, but we're going to run out of time so we really should be starting now. I think there might not been enough time for a poll anymore (keeping in mind that we need to think of a few more ideas first and no precise plans for any of the ideas have been made so far).
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#63 mister magic

mister magic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:03 AM

Well, I'd love to give her that music box thing that I posted earlier, but what if in addition to the sweets, we got her something wearable? (That'd be nice recognition to everyone here if she showed up in The Sun wearing our gift, haha) This is kind of a cheap version, but something along these lines...

Posted Image

Just a thought...

This one I kinda like too, cos it's a bit tacky, and Amy likes tacky jewelry (not criticising her, cos I do too! haha):

http://kashuen.com/p...jpg&w=120&h=120

Edited by mister magic, 29 August 2009 - 11:06 AM.

#64 Domi

Domi

Some Unholy War

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

Aww those sweets from lovehearts.com are wonderful :) So who will try to take care of it and deliver to her? I can send money right now. Everything for Amy.
Actually, I'd love to do this but I'm not even from UK so... :(

Forever in my heart! I love you Amy.

#65 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:45 AM

We have a Paypal account at AWF; I am happy for us to collect the cash and do the shopping...?

#66 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:34 PM

both ideas are really cool actually!
the candy box is lovely, and Amy sure loves some sweets....the necklace has Amy written all over...she would love them both :) !

p.s: paypal is a good idea! so we that are not from the UK can also participate!

Edited by ashlee, 29 August 2009 - 12:38 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#67 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:38 PM

British motivational t-shirt?

#68 Domi

Domi

Some Unholy War

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:50 PM

p.s: paypal is a good idea! so we that are not from the UK can also participate!

yeah, it's great idea :) I really want to participate.

Alan - I like this t-shirt.

Forever in my heart! I love you Amy.

#69 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

I LOVE that T-shirt for Amy!

I don't like the idea of sweets too much...she should be putting good stuff in her body, especially if she may have a prob eating ( I know I'm a drag, but ...that's the way I feel)

I like all the other ideas, but I especially love the Tshirt
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#70 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

If I am able to pay through PayPal (not sure), then I'm of course more than willing to contribute some money (Euros). I hope that PayPal works, 'cause I'd feel really lousy if I couldn't contribute.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#71 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:38 PM

Well, I'd love to give her that music box thing that I posted earlier, but what if in addition to the sweets, we got her something wearable? (That'd be nice recognition to everyone here if she showed up in The Sun wearing our gift, haha) This is kind of a cheap version, but something along these lines...

Posted Image

Just a thought...

This one I kinda like too, cos it's a bit tacky, and Amy likes tacky jewelry (not criticising her, cos I do too! haha):

I like it! How cool would it be to see her wearing something we gave her?

I can't use paypal, but I can send someone money by post (in pounds or Euro).

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#72 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

I would like to contribute also. I'm not sure if I can use Paypal...but some other method ...like Sarah...might work for me

Sarah:

How cool would it be to see her wearing something we gave her?

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#73 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

Some nice pewter perfume bottles here, including a lion one and guitar magic:

http://www.theukjewe...hp?page_id=3077
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#74 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:32 AM

We're going to end up with too many ideas now lol.

We do need to decide soon though, I don't know how long all these things take to order.

#75 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

Summing up the proposed gifts that I myself all like as birthday presents for Amy:

Aww, those are so cute! I love it. I found this GORGEOUS hand-carved wooden jewelery box that I think Amy would probably love, and it was hideously cheap so I bought it (and will keep it myself if we don't end up sending it to her!)
Posted Image

Posted Image

OK, here is the card I found on my travels:
Posted Image
As for whether she will be here or not, as soon as we know, we *could* go and deliver her birthday card etc early?

Posted Image

The music box with a piece of the music jewellery and the card with some sweets would make a great birthday present, I think.

The music box is my favourite main idea for a present, as it's very appropriate, for obvious reasons, and it's also practical, as she could use it to put jewellery in; and along those lines, the first piece of music jewellery would be my favourite.:)
Posted Image

Please post the exact postal address on here, and then, like Sarah and perhaps some others outside the U.K., I'll be able to send a contribution, i.e. somey money, through the post. Please propose how much. 10 Euros? (In my case, no Pounds.)

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 30 August 2009 - 01:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users