17 replies to this topic

#16 zeliaxamy

zeliaxamy

Half Psychotic Sick Hypnotic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

It will be hard to top Back To Black, but it is not impossible!

#17 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

I've read somewhere (not sure if it's true) that Amy said the new album sounds exotic... I don't know what she meant, but I'm sure it will sound good.

#18 Merge

Merge

Once A Tickle, Now A Rash...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:18 PM

Difficult to say, I mean Back To Black made her a five-times Grammy Award winning star.
She's broken American with that album.
It's put her on the map.
However, and lynch and stone me as much as you want, what really catapulted her for me was her personal life. I think what she was singing at the time she was singing it with the backdrop of her volatile relationship with Blake...

thing is I don't want to judge her with bated breath, and think "well this doesn't measure up to her masterpiece second album," I want to take it like I've taken the Black Eyed Peas latest gem. That album is not necessarily in the same vein as their previous stuff, but that knowledge aside it's still a fantastic album.

I hope I love whatever lyrical genius Amy offers to us, I just hope she continues doing what she's doing now which is (from what I've heard/not heard) drug free and on the mend and I hope she pulls through the shit of the last few years
Autour de moi
Je ne vois pas
Qui sont les anges
Surement pas moi
Encore une fois
Je suis cassee
Encore une fois
Je n\'y crois pas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users