#136 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:29 AM

can i have one too? :D

I just pictured Dionne becoming famous in a couple of years and her touring with Amy in backing vocals, but like a permanent thing.. would be weird.

But an adorable an fitting thing Vero!
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#137 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:22 AM

This was amazing, thanks for the videos and photos. I'm so, so happy to see this, Dionne as well as Amy are shining. I have a strong feeling that this is gonna be (and is already) a comeback for Amy in a positive way and she deserves it like no other. Like Sundy said: I'm still so proud to be a fan of her. And last but not least: Dionne is a great and talented girl.
I haven't posted here for a long time btw, sorry! but it feels good to post again. x Mimi
What kind of fuckery is this

#138 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

This is like Christmas day to us Amy addicts.

Quoted for truth.

Thanks for the videos, pics and updates everyone! Dionne.. I don't have a word to describe what happened here. And thank God Amy's back.

Edited by Iulian, 11 October 2009 - 08:24 AM.

#139 mister magic

mister magic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:10 AM

I'm glad Dionne is around because I think it's helped Amy. It's given her someone decent to love and look after and an outlet for her maternal side.

Double-edged sword, if you ask me. While it's provided a distraction from her drinking and drugging, perhaps, it's also another extremely unhealthy relationship, in my opinion, so she's sublimating one obsession with another.

It's wonderful that she wants to help Dionne fulfill her dreams, but so long as she's concentrated on Dionne's career, she doesn't have to face what's left of her own and start re-building it, which is a scary prospect by any count, let alone Amy's in particular. Plus, I just think her relationship with Dionne is borderline mad, almost-- there are some serious boundary issues there, wherein Amy looks UP to Dionne (who is, after all, only a child, regardless of relative maturity) and sees her more as a peer. If anything, it'd suit them both better for Amy to realise that she's in a position of authority and mentorship (as Dionne obviously looks up to Amy) and to set a good example by doing her best for herself.

I don't mean to be a negative nancy, I just worry about what Amy will switch off to next to obsess over when the Dionne whirlwind ends. Sure, it's her goddaughter and it might never technically "end", but there'll be a time when Amy's not able to funnel all of her time/energy into Dionne and will really have to start confronting the underlying issues in her own life.

That being said, I thought the Strictly Come Dancing performance was fantastic, and Amy kept it together well and was quite understated. Dionne's got a great voice, but I still say she's too young and they should've waited 2-3 years to bring her out...

#140 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:02 AM

I don't mean to be a negative nancy, I just worry about what Amy will switch off to next to obsess over when the Dionne whirlwind ends.

Yeah, I wonder about that too. It was a good performance, Amy was fine and very gracious in not grabbing the spotlight. And Dionne is lovely, she was the one who interested me more actually. She is so young though, performers start so very young these days. I hope she'll be OK with all the attention and that her parents will take good care of her. Not being a SCD fan, those dancers annoyed the hell out of me - I wanted to see Dionne and her band, not them. But it's all down to personal taste, I guess!
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#141 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:32 AM

Aaaww Dionne sounded wonderful! I'm definitly gonna buy her album! She is really talented!
And Amy ... OMG! She looked so pretty! I missed her performances! Good to see her back on stage! I mean which celebrity as big as her would back up a newcomer? She has the biggest heart and that's why I love her!
"FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE"
Janis Joplin

Posted Image

#142 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

Nike?! I'm more shocked about that ;)

#143 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:25 PM

I have to be honest, i'm a little bit worried about the fact that she is going back into hospital.
Would you spend over a week in hospital just to have a boob job??
Posted Image

#144 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

I hope she's OK. Hospitals suck big time.

#145 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

Double-edged sword, if you ask me. While it's provided a distraction from her drinking and drugging, perhaps, it's also another extremely unhealthy relationship, in my opinion, so she's sublimating one obsession with another.

It's wonderful that she wants to help Dionne fulfill her dreams, but so long as she's concentrated on Dionne's career, she doesn't have to face what's left of her own and start re-building it, which is a scary prospect by any count, let alone Amy's in particular. Plus, I just think her relationship with Dionne is borderline mad, almost-- there are some serious boundary issues there, wherein Amy looks UP to Dionne (who is, after all, only a child, regardless of relative maturity) and sees her more as a peer. If anything, it'd suit them both better for Amy to realise that she's in a position of authority and mentorship (as Dionne obviously looks up to Amy) and to set a good example by doing her best for herself.

I don't mean to be a negative nancy, I just worry about what Amy will switch off to next to obsess over when the Dionne whirlwind ends. ...

I think that ANY postive focus is great for Winehouse. IMHO, she should take a break, get herself together, and perhaps go full-tilt boogie on HER career. I think increased pressure and increased attention, would set Winehouse back about 20 steps back. I love ANY attempts to get better (I figured that flying the witch doctor to the UK was bullchit), so it's all about those baby steps. ITA/ I scratch my thought lice, at a woman that's almost 30 years old, who hangs out with a preteen and looks at said kid as an advisor.

In my perfect world, Winehouse finally takes a look around and says, "This is bullshit. I'm too friggin' old for this, let me get my ass hospitalized." Who knows? Maybe my wish finally happened!

BTW, 'negative nancy' is synonymous with 'realist'. Just sayin'.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#146 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:34 PM

I see what you're saying, mister magic, but I don't know that Amy's relationship with Dionne is unhealthy. We don't know for sure what occurs in their day to day lives. All we see and hear about them are brief snippets - from the (very) occasional photograph to a quote or two from Amy and Dionne themselves.

When Amy says things like Dionne is the adult, and that she looks after Amy, well perhaps she is just joking? I think Amy spends time with her because she a) loves her very much and B) knows how the music business can be seedy and that the vultures can chew you up and spit you out if you don't make enough $$ for them. Today's flavor of the month can tomorrow's has-been. We've seen it time and time again. She is very young to have a career in music, and I think Amy is just being protective, which is a good thing.

What is unhealthy is an addiction to crack and heroin. If mentoring Dionne keeps her focused on her sobriety (well, focused on staying away from drugs at least), then bring it on.

Edited by Lainey, 11 October 2009 - 02:37 PM.

"I've got hair like them"

#147 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

I think Amy was very low key on purpose, even to the contrast between her simple black dress, and Dionne's shiny red dressy dress.

That's the first thing I noticed too, Amy wearing a black dress and Dionne wearing a shiny red one. I was worried that Amy might get too much attention but luckily Dionne got the attention she deserved.
I almost didn't recognize Ade.

Hey look!
"Most users ever online was 80, Today at 10:07 PM."

Yay AWFUK!

Oh, and I wasn't part of it this time. Missed you! :(
I did see it on tv but was too tired to come online.

Edited by sarahbol, 11 October 2009 - 03:38 PM.

And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#148 Iulian

Iulian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

I almost didn't recognize Ade.

I'm still new to a lot of stuff. I know who Zalon is, but is Ade the same guy that sang on "One Session in Porchester Hall (BBC)"? If so, then wow!

#149 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:48 PM

Yes, that's him.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#150 Iulian

Iulian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

Thanks! Serious change there.

Edited by Iulian, 11 October 2009 - 04:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users