40 replies to this topic

#31 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

I don't think there's any one more fitting to Amy than Mark, not even Salaam. He's a great producer and a musical trend setter which is what makes money.

His work with Lily, Daniel Merriweather and Adele is just perfect. I'd give both my balls to work with him myself (or to get into his closet and steal everything)

Did you know the only song Mark has produced for Lily (apart from his own Oh My God - well Kaiser Chief's Oh My God) is Littlest Things? I watched an interview with her once and the interviewer said something like Mark Ronson being the man behind Lily Allen and she just said yea I'm sure he's stood behind me at some point. Must be quite frustrating for Lily, and her other producers, when Mark gets credited for all her 1st album... but that's just the damn media for you. i guess other unknown producers are far less interesting to talk about

Edited by crol, 28 September 2009 - 09:50 PM.

#32 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:18 PM

Did you know the only song Mark has produced for Lily (apart from his own Oh My God - well Kaiser Chief's Oh My God) is Littlest Things? I watched an interview with her once and the interviewer said something like Mark Ronson being the man behind Lily Allen and she just said yea I'm sure he's stood behind me at some point. Must be quite frustrating for Lily, and her other producers, when Mark gets credited for all her 1st album... but that's just the damn media for you. i guess other unknown producers are far less interesting to talk about

Yup I did now that. But check Mark Ronson's edit of Smile and such...they're fantastic. He also did very little work with Adele and such, but it's also some of my favourite moments from her album.

You're totally right! It must suck for the rest of producers to get so little credit. Same thing goes with Mr. Salaam Remi. He's nowhere as known as Mark and he's worked so much with Amy too. I'd choose Ronson over Remi anytime though...
Posted Image

#33 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:21 PM

Pablo, you're gonna be successful! You know why? You've got your feet firmly on the ground, and you understand that business!

Awww thanks so much. Hope you're right!! I'm a bit of freak of the business side of music (ALMOST as much as I am of the creative side). I've even worked on the biz side for some artists. Love that.
Posted Image

#34 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

:-S

http://www.mirror.co...15875-21709644/

Amy Winehouse may have just released a video of herself rapping - the first new material we've heard from her for some time - but according to Lethal Bizzle, she's still not ready to finish her long-awaited new album. In the new video, Amy was filmed larking about with some friends as she rapped - and often shrieked - over the music, making a joke in her rhyme that she was a "Jew - well, a Jew-maican"

But talking to Mirror.co.uk recently, Lethal Bizzle has revealed that the star's former producer Mark Ronson reckoned the singer isn't ready to finish her eagerly-anticipated follow-up to Back To Black.

Bizzle has worked with Mark Ronson on his new album Go Hard, which hits the shops on October 5, on a track called Lost My Mind. But Bizzle said Mark made another failed attempt to work with Winehouse at around the same time.

He told Mirror.co.uk: "Mark has been trying to work with her again, and just the other day, booked a studio to work with her - and she didn't turn up.

"Mark told me she's still wasn't ready to work again at the moment. He really didn't want to talk about it, it's quite a touchy subject for him."

"I've got hair like them"

#35 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

Bite tongue. OK, fingers. No...FUCK!!!!!!!!

#36 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:22 PM

Now that sucks.

Then again, if she would make an album without wanting to, that might end up being a crappy material, so I guess everything is up to her.

#37 shaylaxtx

shaylaxtx

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

i really don't think she'll ever make another album again.

#38 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:23 PM

I'd rather that she take her time, than to rush things. She may or not make an album. Like I've said before, if Whitney can wait 7 years for a comeback........
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#39 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:18 PM

That's discouraging news that Lainey posted. But if she's not ready, she's not ready. She doesn't write songs to order. But if she makes a commitment to show up, she ought to show up. I'm surprised she would do that to Mark after the Bond fiasco. Guess I can hope it's not true.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#40 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:47 AM

yeah, i read that online too and didn't know what to think. the day prior i engaged a young woman from the UK in a conversation who was carrying a Glastonbury Festival bag and chatted her up to see if she had any Amy experiences. She told me she had been to several shows that were disastrous and will not be having any more of her. Too bad, really...

#41 lnz

lnz

I'll buy the Rizla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:02 AM

get at me when there's a release date.
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users