WinehouseFAN08

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:19 PM

:D so long we have waited.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tonight the light of love is in your eyes.. Will you love me tomorrow?

&&WithEverydayThatPasses.. IMissYouALittleBitMore..10/3/09..ILoveYouLudo

WeWillBeTogetherAgainSoon

#17 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:56 PM

I wouldn't have blamed him as she messed him about something rotten over the Bond Theme

Mr. Ronson is a special guy, with the patience of Job.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#18 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:03 PM

I hope Amy uses her second chance and behaves!!!

technically this is her 3rd chance... remember the lesley gore cover for the quincy jones tribute. if i was mark i would be so pissed by now, two great opportunities down the drain. you gotta remember every time he works with her and nothing eventuates, he's losing time in which he could be producing for other artists, who will finish, and be getting money from that. if he does work with her again, it's to his credit. having said that, who wouldn't want to take the risk?

#19 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:05 AM

oops

Edited by kevd7, 23 September 2009 - 03:14 AM.

#20 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:07 AM

Mr. Ronson is a special guy, with the patience of Job.

...and a special kind of friend...also, without a huge ego getting in the way.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#21 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:13 AM

Pink wanted Linda Perry for her followup to her smash "Miss..." since their collaboration was sooo successful...Linda turned her down. And look at her career post Linda Perry. I really think it's about the creative genius, knowing what's right for her. Amy working with Ronson, Salaam again would be great. But working with another producer could be a creative stretch too, maybe one she needs. Hell, I'll take anything right now. I'm playing the "Soul Version" Valerie to death....there's this transporting moment at 3:07 that blows me away!!!!!

Edited by kevd7, 23 September 2009 - 03:18 AM.

#22 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:10 AM

No fun for Amy! From Mark's Twitter:

• goodbye cigarettes, alcohol, recreational pharmaceuticals. hello, um, whatever else is left...cheese plates?9:57 AM Sep 14th from web
    Posted Image
    iamMarkRonson

#23 mister magic

mister magic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

Ya, that Twitter message Mark left was in response to agreeing to help a friend by climbing a mountain or something for charity, I forget which.

In any case, Mark has a great taste in music, and he's talented as a producer, of course, but I do think he's slightly overrated (and I'm saying that as someone who ADORES him as a DJ). I loved his work with Amy and Lily (yes, Lily Allen! Shush!) but some other stuff has been a bit more questionable. For instance, I really don't care for the new Rumble Strips he produced.

In any case, I like Mark working with Amy because they have a similar soul sensibility, and that's important, but I certainly don't think it would break Amy's career to go in a different direction.

#24 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:38 PM

I also think Mark is a bit overrated, but only a little. He's a great producer but overhyped, which in fairness is not his own doing. What I like most about Mark, apart from his musical talent, is that he seems to be a nice, decent person and a good friend to Amy. Goodness knows she needs more people like Mark in her life, just as we all do! :)
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#25 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:40 PM

No fun for Amy! From Mark's Twitter:

See? You can be a RESPONSIBLE party animal! LOL
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#26 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:41 PM

I don't think there's any one more fitting to Amy than Mark, not even Salaam. He's a great producer and a musical trend setter which is what makes money.

His work with Lily, Daniel Merriweather and Adele is just perfect. I'd give both my balls to work with him myself (or to get into his closet and steal everything)
Posted Image

#27 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:03 PM

Keep one ball, Pablo. Crazy fooker. Gotta love it.

#28 Back2Black1991

Back2Black1991

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:46 AM

PabloD it is not about money, it is about great music. People who have set the path for people like Amy Winehouse etc.... did something original and didn't just see dollar signs. You are thinking in the modern decade for music which is money. Amy is full of soul and she understands music that's what makes it good.

#29 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:06 AM

PabloD it is not about money, it is about great music. People who have set the path for people like Amy Winehouse etc.... did something original and didn't just see dollar signs. You are thinking in the modern decade for music which is money. Amy is full of soul and she understands music that's what makes it good.

Obviously! Otherwise I wouldn't be here. But she is a pop artist with a big label behind so she needs to make bucks to keep them happy and to pay the bills for her luxury houses and long holydays at the Caribbean.
Posted Image

#30 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:39 PM

Pablo, you're gonna be successful! You know why? You've got your feet firmly on the ground, and you understand that business!

- 8-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users