104 replies to this topic

#76 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:46 PM

Society gets terribly morally upset about Amy's bad behaviour, which is all it is, nothing more than an ugly incident with no real damage to anyone,

I really don't understand this comment. If anything Amy should be VERY relieved with the sentence she got. She already had two previous cautions and there have been a few incidents that didn't get to court. She clearly has anger issues when under the influence and she CANNOT get away with stricking out all the time.

The British government is doing a lot of work trying to sort out the anti-social behavour problems so why should someone get away with it because they are famous?

Amy now knows she has to behave for the next two years or they will pass a much harsher sentence. She is 26 now not a slip of kid and she knows right from wrong.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#77 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:57 PM

I have absolutely no intention of arguing with you. Apart from on one point.
And yet you keep arguing. But you can't have an argument with one side opting out, so I'll reluctantly oblige.
What the hell have Iran, and the other countries you have mentioned got to do with the fact that Amy Winehouse (A British Citizen) committed a crime of violence in a British theatre?
Use your imagination more. There seems to be a lack of it around here.
Your reply is exactly the reason I very rarely come to this forum anymore. Bring on the new album when we will have something else to talk about rather than the childish, drunken exploits of a talented lady who is pissing away her talent.
Heard that argument before, and it's manipulative, but it doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Looking at it from a different perspective, quite a few of your replies, and similar replies by others, I find to be either prejudicial, presumptuous or insulting, or, as these latest ones, all three combined.
BTW I am not insinuating anything. I am flat out telling you. Read your posts above. You "support Amy", but you do it blindly. You are a fan who thinks that anyone who tries to have clarity of judgement about a famous person's behaviour is a hater. I am not a hater, I am a realist who thinks that Amy Winehouse is a talented songwriter with a beautiful voice and an appalling attitude.
I see that from being insinuating you went to being flat out insulting, again. Furthermore, in this latest post you're continuing with being manipulative with the truth, and with this forum, and with being sanctimonious and unjustifiably arrogant. Is it now my turn to tell you to get a grip? Yes. So there it is.

~~~
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#78 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:39 PM

I find this whole ordeal to be an opportunity for our girl to finally face her alcoholic demons. The court ordering her to stay on the straight and narrow for the next two years, I hope will be her wake up call.

The fact that her lawyer was armed with a report from her GP showing her alcohol consumption is being monitored is a step in the right direction.

Do I understand correctly that she also has to submit to regular drug testing from her record company?

She's been a very lucky girl so far. Maybe that Star of David medallion she wears for her court appearances is a talisman. She should wear it always.

#79 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:46 AM

Amy doesn't pose a real threat of any kind to anyone, never has, and most likely never will. Her victim is a grown man, bigger and stronger than Amy, and he needs protection? Don't make me laugh.

ok, so since i'm a grown man, if amy pulls my hair i should punch her in the face? i'm sorry but what you said is ridiculous. it's not about whether the victim is able to retaliate, it's the fact that she's doing it in the first place.

i love amy's music, and i used to think she was pretty cool in interviews etc, but she's been behaving like a fucking dick. the whole situation smacks of desperation, and says she needs serious mental help. and what's a 185 pound fine to her anyway? the shirt she bought especially for court probably cost more than that. considering her past, she should have got at least community service. the only good thing is that it looks like she's got no more chances.

#80 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:13 AM

-Quoting the BBC report:-

'An over-reaction'
In mitigation, Paul Morris said Winehouse had made "huge changes" to her lifestyle.
The court heard that the singer had no previous convictions and two cautions.

"It was a reaction, an over-reaction. Clearly there was no injury," he said.
Addressing Winehouse, who sat quietly in the dock, he referred to a medical report, saying: "You clearly have taken effort from this report to address your alcohol problems and any other problems you may have, so you get credit for that."
But he warned her: "If you commit another offence you'll be hit hard and you'll be hit twice."
A conditional discharge means if Winehouse commits further offences within the next two years she will also face re-sentencing for the offences.
-Unquote-

Cutting to the chase, her lawyer was pro-active in addressing the alcohol issue. One can imagine the conversation between attorney and client. The approach seemed to be less about the actual assault and more about the issue of her alcohol-fuelled behavior.

The judge acknowledged this by handing down that particular sentence. Punishment to fit the crime.

Community service or jail time may not have been as effective a punishment as forcing her to face her substance abuse issues, or else.

Family, friends, and the court of public opinion admonshing you to "straighten up," can cause you to be more defiant. The authority of the court handing down a legal judgement, cannot be defied without consequence.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#81 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:53 AM

Sorry about this guys, will stop feeding the troll x
Let Your Freak Flag Fly

#82 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

^ I hope you keep posting, Kyla. I know you're not around much, but I always enjoy hearing your perspective. :)
"I've got hair like them"

#83 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

-Community service or jail time may not have been as effective a punishment as forcing her to face her substance abuse issues, or else.

Family, friends, and the court of public opinion admonshing you to "straighten up," can cause you to be more defiant. The authority of the court handing down a legal judgement, cannot be defied without consequence.

Working for a special needs school gives you a perspective about the human condition. Constant nagging makes the kids resistant and rebellious. Instead, students respond to direct implementation of rules and direction. IOW, lay down the law, instead of constantly whining. Maybe Winehouse will respond to this, and hopefully this is her wake-up call.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#84 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:34 PM

Then you'll have to stop feeding yourself and the other trolls around here. But it isn't that big a surprise, taking forum history into consideration, that you're doing exactly the opposite. If it were up to me, and sadly, it isn't, I'd kick you and your little band right out of this forum, or at least monitor you and them, as you've been getting more and more insulting, and continue to get support for it, and no criticism, which makes this a most unsavory affair. This is what makes a bad forum. Ignorance and bad manners. Not my contribution. The best advice that I can give to the others, is to not go along with it.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#85 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

Jesus Christ, could you all stop acting like you have no sex life? Fuck it, these days everyone is fighting or arguing with someone, I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMOOOORE.

Ok, I'm cool now.

Pwease, let's be better forumists !?!
Pweeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase?

:drink::snuggle::redheart::peaceman::please:
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#86 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:41 PM

I've posted this in the VIP area, and I'm posting it here, as I'm the sort of man to play it openly. Now I just wait and see.

In concerned thread, I've been on the receiving end of a string of insinuating and insulting remarks from this Kyla, and I've responded to them with as much restraint as I could, i.e., in a reasonable manner, but I can't ignore the gravity of the insult in quoted post, as publically being called a troll on a forum... I don't think I need to explain the gravity of such an insult. Arguing back and forth is one thing, but this goes too far, in my book anyway.

#87 Iulian

Iulian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:46 PM

VIP area

HOLY. Is that where the cool ones make fun of the rest of us? Uhu, love it LOL

#88 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:12 PM

HOLY. Is that where the cool ones make fun of the rest of us? Uhu, love it LOL

Not at all; I come there rarely. Only when I was given access and introduced myself, months ago, then maybe one more time that I can't remember, so it can't have been important, and now this time. In the way of covert operations you can expect next to nothing from me.

#89 Iulian

Iulian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

In the way of covert operations you can expect next to nothing from me.

Never thought of it, really. I'm just in a good mood, making fun of anything tonite.

And now, not to be completely offline, IMO, Amy escaped again this time, not as good as before, but still. I'm glad she pleaded 'guilty', what she did was stupid and unnecessary. Every action has a reaction, I hope she finds out hers was ok.

Let's hope the next headline will have 'album' or 'studio' in it.

#90 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

but I can't ignore the gravity of the insult in quoted post, as publically being called a troll on a forum...

And how is that worse than calling Kyla sanctimonious, arrogant, and unable to read right? After going back through the thread, it seems to me that you started it, and I cant find anything she said to deserve such a nasty shitstorm of insults! Consider this quote from Amy:

"Who the fuck do you think you are?"

I thought that was her worst offense of the evening, and probably the reason the guy decided to file charges against her. Words, as you know, can hurt; and if you don't think her history of chronic violent drunken sociopathy is any danger to society, then consider that maybe those of us who worry about it are more concerned that she's a danger to herself. I think you have misconstrued her whole point and owe her an apology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users