90 replies to this topic

#1 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:22 AM

AMY WINEHOUSE has been retired by her bosses and won't be appearing on stage again "for years".
Her manager has finally laid down the law after she sneaked a stash of booze backstage before embarrassing herself in Belgrade, Serbia, at the weekend.

RAY COSBERT has always refused to tell her how to live her life - arguing it's not his place to do so.

But for the sake of her health he's stepped in and has retired her from performing "indefinitely". A source close to the singer said: "It has been hard for Ray to watch her get into trouble over the years.

"There's only so much he can do - but enough's enough.

"She's going away and this time it could be for years."

Video: 'Wasted' Wino show shame
SONGBIRD stumbles around stage mumbling through songs in Belgrade
Celebs Exposed

All the remaining 11 European tour dates have been cancelled and Amy is facing another long period in rehab.

Sadly it's not the first time we've been here - humiliation has become more common than chart success for Amy.

But why does it keep happening? Why can't her family sort things out?

Ask any parent who has been through the horror of having a son or daughter with addiction issues - they will tell you how hard it is to intervene.

But it's time for extreme measures.

Ray has dedicated more than a decade of his life to making the hugely talented singer he calls "my girl" a success.

But he's not her dad or a sibling and how do you tell a millionaire how to live her personal life?

This has to be the final humiliation - she needs an extended break, away from London with full-time care.

It may take years - but she can afford it.

What she can't afford is for the pantomime to continue.

http://www.thesun.co...d-Go-Go-Go.html
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#2 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:34 AM

finally!! this is the right thing to do. i've had it with her.
  • TakeTheBox03 likes this

#3 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:40 AM

This tour was a stupid idea in the first place. She should concentrate on getting better, maybe work on her album but never go back on stage before she can sing without tripping or mumbling. Waste of time and money for the fans.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#4 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:58 AM

ray's a good man and i'm sure this is the hardest thing he's ever done but man how much can you take?
maybe she can make babies with that dipshit boyfriend and open a beauty parlor.
i hope she finds happiness and doesn't drink herself to death.
last one to leave turn out the lights.

#5 Muchloveria

Muchloveria

...or bouffant on it's curl...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

i am crying so hard right now. i am so fuckin upset right now. first Ryan Dunn dies...now this. I seriously am inconsolable this is awful. I feel lost now...no hope for the artist i admire and love so much. my heart is broken. i dont know what to do but i feel like someone just died. genuinely destroyed and gutted.
tumblr_lfcaafF1LO1qc41muo1_500.giftumblr_ld3ynhqfW91qabdjm.gif
"...behavioral patterns that stick over the years..."

amyjademermaid.tumblr.com

#6 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:09 AM

I am very upset, too. I remember when I heard her album, I told all my friends that she was gonna be big. Everyone knew how much I adored her and still do and all I ever hear are cracks and jokes about her from everyone because they know that I just love her. This is a girl that could have been at the top of her game right now. She has so much fucking talent. I have not heard a voice like hers before and with such a natural tone and such a knack for riffing and harmony and writing. She truly could have had everything...more importantly, she could have had her health. I know that's what comes first. I've never felt so emotional about another "celebrity" before. This just breaks my heart..."indefinitely". It makes sense, though. I'm not sure what else could be done...I agree that the tour was a stupid idea. It was obvious she wasn't ready. I'm really not one to blame Blake, I mean I understand he was such an inspiration in her music, but I wish they hadn't crossed paths. Of course, inevitably she probably would have crossed the path of another such person. I'm just so afraid that one day I'll open up the papers or go online and it'll say she has passed. I don't want to think about that -- sorry for saying it.

Edited by XxBacktoBlackXx, 21 June 2011 - 04:12 AM.

#7 Guest_LetThemEatCake_*

Guest_LetThemEatCake_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:52 AM

Is Ray her manager? I'm out of the loop. Will this do any good? What stops her from getting new management? Also, what about her record label? Could she still release her cd without him? I mean I don't understand what this actually means for Amy's career.

Amy is not the first singer to have problems with alcohol and drugs but what sets her apart is that, at 27, she is completely wasted to the point where she seems mentally incompetent. I mean I don't get it. How much drugs does one has to be on?? it's shocking. I don't know what to say.

#8 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:04 AM

wow, i was pretty pissed off earlier. honestly i'm going to be a bit lost now. i love amy and have since the moment i saw her. i've never been that way about someone i never knew.
i hope she gets well most of all. on the bright side, things like this often turn out to be a blessing for everybody. she did not do well with fame and things were going to get worse. if they had hope, ray never would have done what he did.
booze took away the people closest to me when i was young and this triggered an anger that never goes away.
if she comes back, it will be because she really wants it. as long as i'm alive, i'll look forward to that day.

#9 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:11 AM

Wish her the best. I still don't think she's over blake.

Edited by ohmr, 21 June 2011 - 06:15 AM.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#10 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:17 AM

Bye for now, Amy! We'll be here when you come back.

:(

#11 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

^^yeah, ray's her manager. this was the right thing to do for amy and all involved. without the pressure of this ruthless business maybe she can begin to heal. i hope and think she will weather this storm.
she has the support of a loving family, she has a boyfriend that will be there for her, and she's got a rabid bunch of fans. we should all be so lucky.
and, the music community will embrace her. i think they know how she feels.

#12 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

i want to post this here because it's so relevent to amy's situation. it's about john's 5 year exodus from the music business. when he did return this was the great album he returned with. if the mods ever stop by they are welcome to move it.

#13 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

So her album won't be coming out anytime soon. Or anytime at all for that matter.

It was good while it lasted

Amy Winehouse's career, musical genius and potential impact.

2003-2007

On another note, someone really needs to explain how she was looked like death for over awhile, seemed perfectly fine again for the last however long, and now in the last month is so out of control.

Edited by D-Bomb, 21 June 2011 - 08:19 AM.

#14 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:11 AM

I really hope she takes this opportunity to finally get her life back on track. What worries me is that she tries to go it alone but I don't think she is strong enough. This must have been the hardest decision Raye has had to make and my heart goes out to him as well.

#15 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:20 AM

BTW don't forget this is The Sun and currently only 2 shows have been cancelled. I hope they make an official statement today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users